Bettamer has joined Hemel on loan
hoppy

Re: Striker signing anxiety

#Beebot wrote:Bettamer has joined Hemel on loan
Hemel v Wealdstone on Saturday.
Hat trick, please, Mo.
letchbee94

Anticipating news of a striker coming in next.
Norfolkbee

Alex Wall coming the other way would be nice. :whistle:
Tuesds

Fondop is unlikely to have agreed to end his contract at Wrexham without something else lined up. Really wouldn’t be surprised if it’s with us. Can’t help but wonder if we’ve let Bettamer go because we’ve got a striker lined up...
#Beebot

Norfolkbee wrote:Alex Wall coming the other way would be nice. :whistle:
Hemel are being heavily bankrolled this year and are one of the few NL South teams who can afford a significant chunk of Bettamer's wages.

Maidenhead tried to re-sign Wall in the summer. I heard that Hemel blew their offer out of the water.
#Beebot

While we could do worse than Fondop, if he is the number 9 we have waited months for then that's a serious let down.

The potential is certainly there, and his style is similar to Akinde's in many ways, but numerous clubs have tried to get the best out of him at this level and failed. He's too inconsistent and there are too many question marks about his attitude.
Norfolkbee

#Beebot wrote:While we could do worse than Fondop, if he is the number 9 we have waited months for then that's a serious let down.

The potential is certainly there, and his style is similar to Akinde's in many ways, but numerous clubs have tried to get the best out of him at this level and failed. He's too inconsistent and there are too many question marks about his attitude.
I know nothing about this lad other than what I've read, but weren't there all sorts of doubts surrounding Akinde prior to his relatively successful season at Alfreton? I believe some of Bristol Rovers million fans actually laughed when MA signed him. Sometimes it takes players time to settle at the right club, not that they all do.
Guiseleybee

edgeog wrote:I thought the idea of moving from Underhill was because it was so limited that we needed other possible income revenues to help fund the Team. The move to the Hive has partly achieved this but it seems only TK,s bank balance has improved and not the Team. 5 years after leaving Underhill, we are in no better position than before. We now have a Café, Gym, 3g Pitches, Motor Cycling Training School, Medical Centre and not forgetting numerous Weddings/Functions all bringing in vast sums of revenue, but not seemingly going to the important places like the Team. I do understand that the Hive build isn't cheap and only partially completed, with a new Stand/Indoor 3g/Hotel/ Car park and Sports Hall yet to be finished, but I would like to see TK come out with a proper statement of intent. If he intends to finish the Hive building first, then please tell Supporters this, as I am sure Fans would be more understanding and less impatient. Stringing people along about a possible promotion push needs to be put into evidence, as with the current squad it is not realistic.We have generally the same players(except 2) as last season, and other than the cup run,they hardly pulled up any trees. It is glaringly obvious to everyone where the problems lie(goals scored) but this is not being addressed. We may have changed styles of play, but the end result is still exactly the same(lack of Goals). Last season we were the 4th lowest goal scorers, and so far this season only 5 sides have scored fewer goals than us, but out of the 4 we have managed, only 2 are from open play. For weeks, DC kept on saying that hopefully by next week, we should have a couple of signings, but nothing ever materialised. The Players ARE out there, but the question is, why aren't they coming to the Hive. Is it because of rumours they have heard about the place, is it because we won't pay a transfer fee, is it because we won't pay a loan fee, or just that we won't pay the required wages. Supporters need to be told what the clubs priorities are, then maybe some of the disharmony will elapse, and Fans can look forward to watching a Great Team in a Great Stadium.
This is a great post and I’d certainly love to hear what TK is thinking. Five years since the Hive move and the whole project has been a complete dichotomy of success in creating a sporting complex generating many different income streams BUT failure with the heart and soul of Barnet FC long gone. Most importantly gates have fallen away and we actually have one of the lowest average gates in the National League. This cannot possibly have been TK’s vision when we left Underhill. The footballing side, what should be the most important aspect of the whole project, has been abject failure. My gut feeling is TK would love to exit but wants to get us back in the league first. There’s no talk these days of what a break even attendance is but it’s hard to know where we stand vs other NL clubs in terms of squad budget. Presumably finances have been the stumbling block to bringing a striker in. Despite the cup run last season we don’t appear to be able to compete with the likes of Solihull Moors.

Anyhow, it looks like the search is over with Bettamer going out on loan. The anxiety has lasted far longer than it should have when I started this post. If it’s Fondop, let’s hope it was worth the wait.
Agewills

We had a pretty hefty playing budget a couple of years ago but it didn't help much as it wasn't spent well! You could argue that The Hive has done it's job in terms of generating money for the first team, it's just that we didn't use it wisely. Not that I am sticking up for the move to the Hive mind, just pointing out that it has generated money for the club and has probably meant that we're not in the situation of the likes of Bury, Macclesfield, Bolton etc.
barnet_pls

If we're going for Fondop - someone supposely with a bad attitude, wouldn't we have been better off developing Amaluzor over the past 6 months into what we needed ?
Doyley

I recall Fondop when we played Maidenhead away, and I thought he looked decent, with DC's guidance could be a good addition
Doyley

barnet_pls wrote:If we're going for Fondop - someone supposely with a bad attitude, wouldn't we have been better off developing Amaluzor over the past 6 months into what we needed ?
Amaluzor had enough chances, plus when I saw him at Braintree last season, was not impressed
Mem Beespod

By the accounts I’ve heard from within the club, his attitude and behaviour wasn’t just holding him back, he was having a negative impact on his team mates. When a player’s behaviour gets to that point you just need to get rid.

Starting again away from the familiarity of the hive was what Amuluzor needed
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
dpa

Guiseleybee wrote:
edgeog wrote:I thought the idea of moving from Underhill was because it was so limited that we needed other possible income revenues to help fund the Team. The move to the Hive has partly achieved this but it seems only TK,s bank balance has improved and not the Team. 5 years after leaving Underhill, we are in no better position than before. We now have a Café, Gym, 3g Pitches, Motor Cycling Training School, Medical Centre and not forgetting numerous Weddings/Functions all bringing in vast sums of revenue, but not seemingly going to the important places like the Team. I do understand that the Hive build isn't cheap and only partially completed, with a new Stand/Indoor 3g/Hotel/ Car park and Sports Hall yet to be finished, but I would like to see TK come out with a proper statement of intent. If he intends to finish the Hive building first, then please tell Supporters this, as I am sure Fans would be more understanding and less impatient. Stringing people along about a possible promotion push needs to be put into evidence, as with the current squad it is not realistic.We have generally the same players(except 2) as last season, and other than the cup run,they hardly pulled up any trees. It is glaringly obvious to everyone where the problems lie(goals scored) but this is not being addressed. We may have changed styles of play, but the end result is still exactly the same(lack of Goals). Last season we were the 4th lowest goal scorers, and so far this season only 5 sides have scored fewer goals than us, but out of the 4 we have managed, only 2 are from open play. For weeks, DC kept on saying that hopefully by next week, we should have a couple of signings, but nothing ever materialised. The Players ARE out there, but the question is, why aren't they coming to the Hive. Is it because of rumours they have heard about the place, is it because we won't pay a transfer fee, is it because we won't pay a loan fee, or just that we won't pay the required wages. Supporters need to be told what the clubs priorities are, then maybe some of the disharmony will elapse, and Fans can look forward to watching a Great Team in a Great Stadium.
This is a great post and I’d certainly love to hear what TK is thinking. Five years since the Hive move and the whole project has been a complete dichotomy of success in creating a sporting complex generating many different income streams BUT failure with the heart and soul of Barnet FC long gone. Most importantly gates have fallen away and we actually have one of the lowest average gates in the National League. This cannot possibly have been TK’s vision when we left Underhill. The footballing side, what should be the most important aspect of the whole project, has been abject failure. My gut feeling is TK would love to exit but wants to get us back in the league first. There’s no talk these days of what a break even attendance is but it’s hard to know where we stand vs other NL clubs in terms of squad budget. Presumably finances have been the stumbling block to bringing a striker in. Despite the cup run last season we don’t appear to be able to compete with the likes of Solihull Moors.

Anyhow, it looks like the search is over with Bettamer going out on loan. The anxiety has lasted far longer than it should have when I started this post. If it’s Fondop, let’s hope it was worth the wait.
A great original post and followed up by a great reply. :y: