Striker signing anxiety

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: Striker signing anxiety

BeeBoi1980 wrote:Could Jerrol confirm whether we are the joint second lowest scorers from open play (open play including set pieces, just not pens, if we exclude set pieces then we could be joint lowest scorers)?
Sorry, already bored with this season so haven't had time to check! This has to be the least exciting group of players in 30+ years of watching Barnet...
Patel89

Mr Smart wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:There is also the fact that we have shed both Tarpey and Harrison, who were almost certainly top earners, and brought in nobody to replace them. This would lead to the conclusion that there is money there, so other factors must be involved. I should imagine that Barnet are capable of at least matching most clubs in the National League when it comes to playing budgets.
You’d be surprised. McCallum’s apparently on £2,500 a week at Solihull. We’re never matching that at this level.
At this level is the key point. Big John was on a lot more than this when he was at Barnet

haha this forum does make me laugh - no big john wasnt what makes you think or say he was on more than 2.5k at BFC
Mem Beespod

Patel89 wrote:
Mr Smart wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:There is also the fact that we have shed both Tarpey and Harrison, who were almost certainly top earners, and brought in nobody to replace them. This would lead to the conclusion that there is money there, so other factors must be involved. I should imagine that Barnet are capable of at least matching most clubs in the National League when it comes to playing budgets.
You’d be surprised. McCallum’s apparently on £2,500 a week at Solihull. We’re never matching that at this level.
At this level is the key point. Big John was on a lot more than this when he was at Barnet

haha this forum does make me laugh - no big john wasnt what makes you think or say he was on more than 2.5k at BFC
Big John had his wages doubled at Lincoln and I know what he earns there. TK gave big John a huge contract to get him to sign for another three years so he could then sell John for a big fee. That was the trade-off and the agreement they had was that TK would allow him a move if a club in a higher division came in for him.

TK took a calculated gamble that I Akinde wouldn’t see out his contract and that he would get his money back and more
Last edited by Mem Beespod on 14 Aug 2019, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
Beespod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod
BeeBoi1980

jerroll wrote:
BeeBoi1980 wrote:Could Jerrol confirm whether we are the joint second lowest scorers from open play (open play including set pieces, just not pens, if we exclude set pieces then we could be joint lowest scorers)?
Sorry, already bored with this season so haven't had time to check! This has to be the least exciting group of players in 30+ years of watching Barnet...
I've watched Barnet for over 30 years and cannot agree with that!

2 players in, and injured players back, and no injuries, and a bit of inspiration from the fans and this is top 4 team. Oh......
Norfolkbee

Footballers and their agents tend to be quite loose tongued about their earnings and frequently inflate the figure. They do this so that they a higher platform to build from when the next move is due.
Mem Beespod

Norfolkbee wrote:Footballers and their agents tend to be quite loose tongued about their earnings and frequently inflate the figure. They do this so that they a higher platform to build from when the next move is due.
Of course but I wasn’t told by an agent or a player
jerroll

BeeBoi1980 wrote:
jerroll wrote:
I've watched Barnet for over 30 years and cannot agree with that!

2 players in, and injured players back, and no injuries, and a bit of inspiration from the fans and this is top 4 team. Oh......
Top 4 teams score more than 45 goals in a season - we have scored 49 goals in 50 games since we returned to this level! dull boring pass for the sake of pass it football just like the boring premier league! We can't keep players fit so no injuries is highly unlikely.
antbfc

Mr Smart wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Footballers and their agents tend to be quite loose tongued about their earnings and frequently inflate the figure. They do this so that they a higher platform to build from when the next move is due.
Of course but I wasn’t told by an agent or a player
Just to back you up on this, I have heard exactly the same, from neither a player or an agent.

People vastly underestimate what we spend
Roy57

DC has quoted as saying he / club have been in for a few players but not got any over the line. So for people within club saying the player DC wants is like a needle in a haystack doesn't wash. As he has mentioned more than a couple the club have spoken to. So the player is out there but club or mainly TC has not finalised the deal. So why ? And it has been stated on this forum the money that Robson. Tarpey. Harrison were on was good for the national league. And with these players now of the books this is even more annoying as to why we have not managed to bring in any of the players we have apparently been after. If DC has given the club a list of say 5 players and wages is not a issue would love to know the reason why not one player has come in. Also it is not just a striker. Right back. Creative attacking midfielder. But if it is because of the bloated squad and until next year before we can unload at least 7 then really this season is too half at best. Unless we manage to put a run together when players that are injured return. Too 8 will be a success.
Patel89

At this level is the key point. Big John was on a lot more than this when he was at Barnet[/quote]

haha this forum does make me laugh - no big john wasnt what makes you think or say he was on more than 2.5k at BFC[/quote]

Big John had his wages doubled at Lincoln and I know what he earns there. TK gave big John a huge contract to get him to sign for another three years so he could then sell John for a big fee. That was the trade-off and the agreement they had was that TK would allow him a move if a club in a higher division came in for him.

TK took a calculated gamble that I Akinde wouldn’t see out his contract and that he would get his money back and more[/quote]

JA earns £3.5k at lincoln i know and agree he got a pay rise at BFC but not to the figures you stated

regardless i wanna know whats happened to the £700k + cup money from last year and surely we can attract a decent striker for 2k a week?
Norfolkbee

Roy57 wrote:DC has quoted as saying he / club have been in for a few players but not got any over the line. So for people within club saying the player DC wants is like a needle in a haystack doesn't wash. As he has mentioned more than a couple the club have spoken to. So the player is out there but club or mainly TC has not finalised the deal. So why ? And it has been stated on this forum the money that Robson. Tarpey. Harrison were on was good for the national league. And with these players now of the books this is even more annoying as to why we have not managed to bring in any of the players we have apparently been after. If DC has given the club a list of say 5 players and wages is not a issue would love to know the reason why not one player has come in. Also it is not just a striker. Right back. Creative attacking midfielder. But if it is because of the bloated squad and until next year before we can unload at least 7 then really this season is too half at best. Unless we manage to put a run together when players that are injured return. Too 8 will be a success.
In fairness, these players could still be looking at joining EFL clubs. The real problem arose in the close season when decent National League strikers were seeking clubs and we didn't land one. That is where questions need to be asked. "We didn't go for him" is an admission and not a defence.
BeeDeceived

Patel89 wrote: regardless i wanna know whats happened to the £700k + cup money from last year and surely we can attract a decent striker for 2k a week?
It’s probably covering the wage bill for our current highest earners for this season, meaning we don’t really on the weddings so much...
Mem Beespod

Patel89 wrote:

JA earns £3.5k at lincoln i know and agree he got a pay rise at BFC but not to the figures you stated
Double that figure and add a bit more and you’ll be much closer. He was earning more than that at Barnet.
HertsBee

I thought the idea of moving from Underhill was because it was so limited that we needed other possible income revenues to help fund the Team. The move to the Hive has partly achieved this but it seems only TK,s bank balance has improved and not the Team. 5 years after leaving Underhill, we are in no better position than before. We now have a Café, Gym, 3g Pitches, Motor Cycling Training School, Medical Centre and not forgetting numerous Weddings/Functions all bringing in vast sums of revenue, but not seemingly going to the important places like the Team. I do understand that the Hive build isn't cheap and only partially completed, with a new Stand/Indoor 3g/Hotel/ Car park and Sports Hall yet to be finished, but I would like to see TK come out with a proper statement of intent. If he intends to finish the Hive building first, then please tell Supporters this, as I am sure Fans would be more understanding and less impatient. Stringing people along about a possible promotion push needs to be put into evidence, as with the current squad it is not realistic.We have generally the same players(except 2) as last season, and other than the cup run,they hardly pulled up any trees. It is glaringly obvious to everyone where the problems lie(goals scored) but this is not being addressed. We may have changed styles of play, but the end result is still exactly the same(lack of Goals). Last season we were the 4th lowest goal scorers, and so far this season only 5 sides have scored fewer goals than us, but out of the 4 we have managed, only 2 are from open play. For weeks, DC kept on saying that hopefully by next week, we should have a couple of signings, but nothing ever materialised. The Players ARE out there, but the question is, why aren't they coming to the Hive. Is it because of rumours they have heard about the place, is it because we won't pay a transfer fee, is it because we won't pay a loan fee, or just that we won't pay the required wages. Supporters need to be told what the clubs priorities are, then maybe some of the disharmony will elapse, and Fans can look forward to watching a Great Team in a Great Stadium.
simples169

If you can get a forward or player that you know has a good track record and will perform and get results then surely it is worth paying the wages or a very good productivity/result bonus.