Notts County (Away) The Notts Going Out Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Notts County (Away) The Notts Going Out Match Thread

After gaining a creditable draw at Sutton and dominating play for 70 minutes against them, Currie's warriors find themselves on the road again, this time away to Notts. County in the National League.

Notts County went from being the oldest league club, to a non league club, to almost not having a club in the space of a few months and at this stage I am sure they are just grateful to have a club to support.

County away is one of my favourite trips, easy to get to, lots of nice pubs and a good fashioned old entrance to the ground. It has not been a happy hunting ground for us in recent years (Nugent's lot failing to break down 10 men springs to mind) but hopefully we will be able to take advantage of some of the confusion around the club as their new owners put together a team capable of competing in the NL.

Having been denied 3 points at Sutton it sherwood be good to pick up 3 points at County. I hope Currie will shake things up in attack and that we will be robin 3 points off of them. It's just a shame we don't have Big John to take advantage of some of the excellent service our teams are putting in.

Part of that will rely on us having a fit striker to take to the field. I am banking on being on TV giving Shaq the boost to get over his bad back/lack of fitness and would go for the following:-

--------------------------Loach--------------------------

--Alexander Mk. II--Santos--Reynolds--Johnson---

-----------------H. Taylor--Dunne--J. Taylor---------

-Mason-Clarke-----------------------------Akinola-----

-----------------------Coulthirst--------------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Tutonda, Vasilou, Barham, Adams

I am doing this one by train, hoping we put in a good performance in front of the TV cameras.

COYB's :Drink1:
Masuka

Re: Notts County (Away) The Notts Going Out Match Thread

No doubting we are the better side. If we continue the slick football I'm sure we will finally get that first open play goal. I love coming up to Notts it's a fantastic pre-game pub place. Come on the BEES!!
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
becbee

Masuka wrote:No doubting we are the better side. If we continue the slick football I'm sure we will finally get that first open play goal. I love coming up to Notts it's a fantastic pre-game pub place. Come on the BEES!!
"No doubting we are the better side" ? How do you know that? How could any of us know that this early in the season?
Bee_Forever

Loosen your bolts becbee. Nothing wrong with a bit of early season optimism.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Masuka

Don’t worry I’m used to Becbee having an issue with every single thing I say.

From the first two games we are displaying some great football and have some very capable players at this level. Notts are not matching us so far. Forgive me for being optimistic you sad old fart.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
hoppy

Masuka wrote:Don’t worry I’m used to Becbee having an issue with every single thing I say.

From the first two games we are displaying some great football and have some very capable players at this level. Notts are not matching us so far. Forgive me for being optimistic you sad old fart.
Masuka, if you are feeling optimistic you might like a little flutter on a Bees win.
You can get odds of 5/2 and one bookie even goes 11/4.
Money for old rope!
MCB

We're the better side. Gonna win 1-3. They have even less strikers than us. Great time to be playing them as they may soon have decent cash injection coming up and I fancy them too have a late season surge for possible play offs.
becbee

Masuka wrote:Don’t worry I’m used to Becbee having an issue with every single thing I say.

Actually I hope that you are right. Although Notts Co have scored from open play which is more than we have.
And I'm not sad or a fart although maybe the old is fair comment.
b4life

It's got nil nil written all over it.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
foxy

I know they received two red cards on the opening day of the season too?

I believe atleast one player is still suspended? What about the other one does anyone know??

Cheers
jerroll

foxy wrote:I know they received two red cards on the opening day of the season too?

I believe atleast one player is still suspended? What about the other one does anyone know??

Cheers
according to FA website Michael Doyle & Damien McCrory have 3 match bans due to expire on 13th August.
hoppy

Our referee tomorrow is Joe Hull.
Last season he ref'd Bees 0 2 Maidstone, Bees 1 2 Wrexham and Fylde 1 0 Bees. In the Fylde game he sent off Sweeney.
Whoopee!!
let_it_bee

Any recommendations for hostelries where it's likely to be showing in Barnet? Sadly I've only got Sky and not BT Sport.
beew

let_it_bee wrote:Any recommendations for hostelries where it's likely to be showing in Barnet? Sadly I've only got Sky and not BT Sport.
The Queens has BT sport so might show it. Last time I was there they didn’t have Sky.

Other than that The Railway has multiple TVs so will show it if someone asks them to set aside an area for it.
beew

beew wrote:
let_it_bee wrote:Any recommendations for hostelries where it's likely to be showing in Barnet? Sadly I've only got Sky and not BT Sport.
The Queens has BT sport so might show it. Last time I was there they didn’t have Sky.

Other than that The Railway has multiple TVs so will show it if someone asks them to set aside an area for it.
The Railway Tavern in East Barnet Road will be showing it in the front bar. West Ham game in the middle bar and GAA in the back bar.