scoreboard in the east stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
First Half Only

scoreboard in the east stand

Any chance of this actually working properly
Rnet 0 Ovil 0 just looks so tinpot doesnt it.

Then towards the end we had Braintrees badge up there and home team 1 away team 3.
I suppose they have only had 3 months to sort it out.
Psycho

Re: scoreboard in the east stand

Maybe Mystic Meg has been hired to predict our FA Cup qualifying round opponents and result?
Ajtheone04

It was working perfectly fine when they had the adverts on it before the game started and then as soon as they changed it to the standard Barnet 0
Yeovil 0
It broke and it just got worse from there
hoppy

Speakers still not working in the South terrace.
Surely a H & S requirement?
BeeDeceived

First Half Only wrote:Any chance of this actually working properly

Then towards the end we had Braintrees badge up there and home team 1 away team 3.
Worked fine throughout pre-season. Would you rather the club spent a significant amount of money on a dodgy scoreboard or invest it in the playing budget.

I’m pretty happy with a dodgy scoreboard and a winning team than the other way around.

Typical Barnet fans can’t help but have a moan.
djhdjh

Oh yeah, that's where we've been going wrong all these years. If only we'd had a crap scoreboard we'd be in the Championship by now. In fact, we had no scoreboard at all at Underhill, maybe you're onto something...
amberforever

It did look like Bovril 0 which afforded me an ironic smile.
becbee

The score board was a bit of a disaster but what bothered me more was how the 3 nominees for Man of the Match stayed up for so long. Fair enough to put them up but I was far more concerned as to how much longer there was left to play, how much longer we had to hold on than to watch 3 names going round and round.
Reckless

Scoreboard not working, queue at turnstile, insufficient stewards, no Bovril, lack of recognised Centre Forward, Indian wedding interfering with Match Day, over 20 minutes getting out of car park, sitting neat someone I don't like, and two dead pigeons in the water tank.
Otherwise Okay?
becbee

Reckless wrote:Scoreboard not working, queue at turnstile, insufficient stewards, no Bovril, lack of recognised Centre Forward, Indian wedding interfering with Match Day, over 20 minutes getting out of car park, sitting neat someone I don't like, and two dead pigeons in the water tank.
Otherwise Okay?
How did it take you 20 minutes to get out of the car park? It has taken me ages in the past but yesterday we left the ground about 5 minutes after the final whistle and drove straight out.
hoppy

Reckless wrote:Scoreboard not working, queue at turnstile, insufficient stewards, no Bovril, lack of recognised Centre Forward, Indian wedding interfering with Match Day, over 20 minutes getting out of car park, sitting neat someone I don't like, and two dead pigeons in the water tank.
Otherwise Okay?
I'm sure the club apologised for most of those, Reckless, but I wouldn't know for sure as the speakers weren't working in the South terrace.
barnetpete

becbee wrote:
How did it take you 20 minutes to get out of the car park?
Reckless is talking hypothetically as he stayed at home to watch the cricket and save my left ear from his bleating.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
First Half Only

BeeDeceived wrote:

Worked fine throughout pre-season. Would you rather the club spent a significant amount of money on a dodgy scoreboard or invest it in the playing budget.

I’m pretty happy with a dodgy scoreboard and a winning team than the other way around.

How do you know it would cost a significant amount if money to fix?? are you a scoreboard maintenance expert?

it's a scoreboard... cant imagine it takes too much investment
to get it working ok..
I'm just suggesting rather than keep it up there looking tinpot then maybe just switch the whole thing off.

Believe me theres many many more things I could moan about.
BeeDeceived

First Half Only wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:

I'm just suggesting rather than keep it up there looking tinpot then maybe just switch the whole thing off.
And then people will moan that it's off :whistle:
First Half Only

BeeDeceived wrote:
First Half Only wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:

And then people will moan that it's off :whistle:
Better being off than showing the Braintree badge and Home team 1 away team 3 no???