Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

So.... Saturday sees the bees commence their bananarama (c. Jerroll) campaign at home to the Glovers. After a change of owner and manager in the close season this could be a decent time for us to play relegated Yeovil, with their team in transition and us trying to bed in all of our outfield signing.

Yeovil have experienced the highs and lows of football in recent years, having been a Championship Club as little as 5 years ago. The fact they are now preparing for life in the non league is a sorry reflection of how far their star has fallen.

Having been hand in glove with the likes of Leeds United and Birmingham, trips to Harrogate and Solihull will hardly leave them s-mitten. It is to be expected that they will be going hell for leather to return to the Football League with their owners keen to get their hands on silverware.

In terms of Barnet's lineup I choose to go for the most optimistic version of our hobbled side in terms of injuries so I would go:-

---------(Matre.. just kidding!)-Loach-----------

--H. Taylor----Reynolds---Santos---Johnson---

--------------J. Taylor--Dunne---Boucard--------

--Mason-Clarke-----------------------Elito--------

-----------------------Coulthirst--------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Tutonda, Vasilou, Alexander, Barham

Looking forward to the first game of the season, hope we put in a decent performance and hit the ground running.
Patel89

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Like the team but I can assure you if Alexander is fit he will be selected!
#Beebot

Patel89 wrote:Like the team but I can assure you if Alexander is fit he will be selected!
He's some way off, looking at weeks maybe months.

More likely EJ at RB, I don't think Currie trusts HT there anymore.

We need an RB in on loan really.
becbee

So what exactly is wrong with Alexander?
BeeinBristol

Bee_Forever wrote:So.... Saturday sees the bees commence their bananarama (c. Jerroll) campaign at home to the Glovers. After a change of owner and manager in the close season this could be a decent time for us to play relegated Yeovil, with their team in transition and us trying to bed in all of our outfield signing.

Yeovil have experienced the highs and lows of football in recent years, having been a Championship Club as little as 5 years ago. The fact they are now preparing for life in the non league is a sorry reflection of how far their star has fallen.

Having been hand in glove with the likes of Leeds United and Birmingham, trips to Harrogate and Solihull will hardly leave them s-mitten. It is to be expected that they will be going hell for leather to return to the Football League with their owners keen to get their hands on silverware.

In terms of Barnet's lineup I choose to go for the most optimistic version of our hobbled side in terms of injuries so I would go:-

---------(Matre.. just kidding!)-Loach-----------

--H. Taylor----Reynolds---Santos---Johnson---

--------------J. Taylor--Dunne---Boucard--------

--Mason-Clarke-----------------------Elito--------

-----------------------Coulthirst--------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Tutonda, Vasilou, Alexander, Barham

Looking forward to the first game of the season, hope we put in a decent performance and hit the ground running.
Is James Dunne anywhere near fit enough to start? I assume hed has had no pre season to speak of apart from training with us this week
Beeznizz

becbee wrote:So what exactly is wrong with Alexander?
Apparently something to do with his knee & was seen in a similar type brace Sweeney was wearing. Thought not to be as bad though.
Beeznizz

Beeznizz wrote:
becbee wrote:So what exactly is wrong with Alexander?
Apparently something to do with his knee & was seen in a similar type brace Sweeney was wearing. Thought not to be as bad though.
Having watched all the PSF’s.. I’d like to see Elito play inside with Akinola on the Left. Thought that Boucard was a way off being fit & not quite ready for Saturday. Elito looks very sharp at the minute and probably the most creative in passing that eye of a needle ball to unlock defences.

Agreed, that we probably need adequate cover in the RB birth as H Taylor is not one. Like most and I have said, it’s a clean slate re. Alexander up until at least January. He looked good this pre season. It was said he’s parents were not in the best health for the most part, but have improved greatly. He looks bigger and focused.

So, for me

Loach
Johnson
Santos
Reynolds
Tutonda

H Taylor
J Taylor
Elito

EMC
Akinola

Coulthirst
MCB

I'm assuming Sweeney and Mauro are both injured, otherwise if both full fit they slot straight into my team replacing Reynolds and Akinola.

I've picked H Taylor alongside Dunne as I know nothing about him. If he can shield the back 4 well enough, i'd have Boucard alongside him. If his energy levels aren't great, Harry Taylor starts.

............. Loach
Alexander Reynolds Santos Johnson
........... H Taylor...Dunne
-------------- J Taylor
---------EMC------------Akinola
...................Shaq

What's that? A 4-2-1-2-1? Or a 4-5-1 if defending.

Subs
Mitrovics
Tutonda
Boucs
Elito
Barham

So no Vasilou, Bettamar, Adams
jerroll

MCB wrote:I'm assuming Sweeney and Mauro are both injured, otherwise if both full fit they slot straight into my team replacing Reynolds and Akinola.

I've picked H Taylor alongside Dunne as I know nothing about him. If he can shield the back 4 well enough, i'd have Boucard alongside him. If his energy levels aren't great, Harry Taylor starts.

............. Loach
Alexander Reynolds Santos Johnson
........... H Taylor...Dunne
-------------- J Taylor
---------EMC------------Akinola
...................Shaq

What's that? A 4-2-1-2-1? Or a 4-5-1 if defending.

Subs
Mitrovics
Tutonda
Boucs
Elito
Barham

So no Vasilou, Bettamar, Adams
Sweeney is suspended regardless of whether he is fit!! sent off in game 44 last season - 3 game ban misses games 45,46 & 1 this season!
Agewills

I would have Vasilou on the bench to bring on and inject a bit of engery in the second half if we need it.

He's seemed lively in Pre-season. Granted, he's very young and could get a painful welcome to National League football, but he could certainly liven things up off the bench so I'd have him as an option this season.
barnetpete

Sack off the keeper on the bench and have the extra outfield sub. Likelyhood of a sub keeper being needed is once or twice a season, therefore max points lost 6, the use of having Vasilou or similar on the bench to open up a tiring defense is worth the risk in my opinion
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
hoofer2

For me Akinola still looks a little lost on the field. In the PSFs I have seen he just does not seem to know what to do when he is in last 3rd of the pitch.
He is not as effective as he should be as a wide player, and I have not seen enough from him to be relied upon down the middle. That cameo from Mauro
last season where he conjured a goal from nothing is the X factor we are missing in midfield.

I would start with Sparkes on left, based purely on his most recently performance vs St Albans. He delivered a lot of decent balls into the 18 yard box and
was very direct with alot of running. Perhaps the penny has dropped and he is ready to compete for a place in starting XI.

As always it's down to the "strikers". Where are the goals going to come from if Coulthirst is injured? The midfielders especially the wide players have to step up.
ninestein

Assuming Jack Taylor is fit, I would assume it would be Dunne and Boucaud in there with him. The way DC was talking after signing him, is that Dunne will be the lynchpin, and he will select players to play alongside him who are appropriate for the game ahead. He talked about combinations, and alluded to a Dunne/Harry partnership when we need to play tighter away from home or shut up shop. We will want to start this game on the front foot, so I'd expect Dunne, Jack and Boucaud to start in the middle, assuming he plays 3 centrally.

If Cheye is out for a while, as much as Elliott is capable of "filling in", we've had two seasons in the last 3 of players doing that what with Brindley and Hoyte being injured long term, let's shore it up with a dedicated right back on loan if needs be.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

barnetpete wrote:Sack off the keeper on the bench and have the extra outfield sub. Likelyhood of a sub keeper being needed is once or twice a season, therefore max points lost 6, the use of having Vasilou or similar on the bench to open up a tiring defense is worth the risk in my opinion
6 points less last season would have resulted in a drop from 12th to 18th place. Dropping 6 points would in very many cases be the difference between promotion, play offs and relegation.
Even excluding the goalkeeper, we have 4 outfield subs so no reason why Vasilou can't be named as one of them?
#Beebot

We won the league in 14/15 without ever having a sub keeper on the bench.