Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mem Beespod

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

MCB wrote:
Jon83 wrote:
simmosenior wrote:Albert Adomah having a medical at Forest.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news ... la-release
With Tony Finnigan as his agent.
He's got hairs on his chinnegan, ...

Anyway - he's keeping up his Barnet connections. Obviously his main money spinner was Marlon King, who he had to get a contract for when he came out of jail (did Marlon ever play again?).

But as well as Albert, he looks after Justin Amazulor, ex youth bee Ryan Gondoh (who tbf he did get a contract for at Colchester).

He's also looked after Jason Puncheon, Nicky Bailey, Yannick Bolasie, Junior Lewis, Dan Sweeney, Izale McLeod, ​Anthony Achempong AND Jamal Campbell-Ryce (which might explain a couple of things).

So he's looking after us with putting a fair amount of talent our way. Unless he signs them after they come to Barnet.
Firstly there is a ridiculous amount of talent in south London. I’ve coached in North London and was shocked at the huge gulf in quality between players south and north of the river when I moved south.

I don’t know Tony Finnigan personally but when I was coaching in South London, everywhere I turned, his presence was felt. My first encounter was when he sent someone to watch a trial match I was involved in running.

I was told by a local coach that Finnigan signs up all the south London talent quite scattergun. His approach appears to be to sign lots, see who gets interest, the ones who don’t are just left to the side in limbo.

He also has the ear of a certain chairman hence why Dan Sweeney amongst several other players including Andre Blackman have arrived at our doors without our coaching staff really wanting them.

Nobody rated Sweeney when he arrived, even PF distanced himself and DS’s agent Finnigan essentially abandoned him when it looked like he was never going to make it.

Sweeney was desperately trying to find an agent to get him off Finnigan’s books. It’s to Sweeney’s credit that he himself reinvented himself as a CB and fought his way in at Barnet under a new agent.
Beespod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod
becbee

This is interesting, however, don't prospective new signings talk with their prospective new manager first? Surely if a player turns up and only the Chairman seems interested in talking to them, wouldn't they hear warning bells?
rudebwoyben

Mr Smart wrote:
MCB wrote:
Jon83 wrote:
simmosenior wrote:Albert Adomah having a medical at Forest.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news ... la-release
With Tony Finnigan as his agent.

Anyway - he's keeping up his Barnet connections. Obviously his main money spinner was Marlon King, who he had to get a contract for when he came out of jail (did Marlon ever play again?).

But as well as Albert, he looks after Justin Amazulor, ex youth bee Ryan Gondoh (who tbf he did get a contract for at Colchester).

He's also looked after Jason Puncheon, Nicky Bailey, Yannick Bolasie, Junior Lewis, Dan Sweeney, Izale McLeod, ​Anthony Achempong AND Jamal Campbell-Ryce (which might explain a couple of things).

So he's looking after us with putting a fair amount of talent our way. Unless he signs them after they come to Barnet.
Firstly there is a ridiculous amount of talent in south London. I’ve coached in North London and was shocked at the huge gulf in quality between players south and north of the river when I moved south.

I don’t know Tony Finnigan personally but when I was coaching in South London, everywhere I turned, his presence was felt. My first encounter was when he sent someone to watch a trial match I was involved in running.

I was told by a local coach that Finnigan signs up all the south London talent quite scattergun. His approach appears to be to sign lots, see who gets interest, the ones who don’t are just left to the side in limbo.

He also has the ear of a certain chairman hence why Dan Sweeney amongst several other players including Andre Blackman have arrived at our doors without our coaching staff really wanting them.

Nobody rated Sweeney when he arrived, even PF distanced himself and DS’s agent Finnigan essentially abandoned him when it looked like he was never going to make it.

Sweeney was desperately trying to find an agent to get him off Finnigan’s books. It’s to Sweeney’s credit that he himself reinvented himself as a CB and fought his way in at Barnet under a new agent.
Isn’t Croydon meant to be the hotbed of football talent in England?
Mem Beespod

Ex-Bees (2014 update)

rudebwoyben wrote:
Mr Smart wrote:
MCB wrote:
Jon83 wrote: With Tony Finnigan as his agent.

Isn’t Croydon meant to be the hotbed of football talent in England?
It appears so. The majority of the team I coached were from Croydon despite not being based there. After we picked a squad from the trials we had, we lost 5/6 almost straight away to Pro clubs. The obvious clubs were Palace and Charlton but also QPR, Reading and even Barnet were sniffing around our players.
We had a kid whose Ghanian parents immigrated to Croydon from Milan who had been in AC Milan’s youth system.
Last edited by Mem Beespod on 13 Jul 2019, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
Mem Beespod

becbee wrote:This is interesting, however, don't prospective new signings talk with their prospective new manager first? Surely if a player turns up and only the Chairman seems interested in talking to them, wouldn't they hear warning bells?
I was surprised that this happened but I’ve had two now ex Barnet coaches confirm to me that this has happened several times. Remember we have a head coach system. They’re not completely responsible for recruitment.
pgbee

Mr Smart wrote:
becbee wrote:This is interesting, however, don't prospective new signings talk with their prospective new manager first? Surely if a player turns up and only the Chairman seems interested in talking to them, wouldn't they hear warning bells?
I was surprised that this happened but I’ve had two now ex Barnet coaches confirm to me that this has happened several times. Remember we have a head coach system. They’re not completely responsible for recruitment.
We have a system?
#Beebot

Alex Nicholls on trial at Yeovil.
jerroll

#Beebot wrote:Alex Nicholls on trial at Yeovil.
Odd as he left us to move closer to his home in the West Midlands!
MCB

jerroll wrote:
Guess he had the Crewe contract lined up. I guess if no-one else is offering a contract...
Norfolkbee

jerroll wrote:
Straightforward journey via M5 to Somerset. Brummie day-trippers flock to Weston-super-Mare in the summer. F#*k knows why, but they do.
antbfc

id have him back...
Patel89

The admiral is on trial at Gateshead according to his twitter
#Beebot

Barrow have re-signed Byron Harrison.
rudebwoyben

#Beebot wrote:Barrow have re-signed Byron Harrison.
Even though he has been just as bad trialing for them as he was for us last season? :laugh: :laugh:
becbee

I couldn't find anything official re Harrison's signing so I checked their forum and found this posted yesterday / early today.

Harrison has signed. Announced soon. Heard in Asda’s at checkouts today
Ah! What happened to the bread aisle in Asda as the unimpeachable source of information?

A substantial figure was pledged at tonight’s sponsors evening to sponsor him should he sign Think of that as you will
Fingers crossed. I wonder what constitutes a substantial sum ?