Berkhamstead (Away) The Berk to Work Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Re: Berkhamstead (Away) The Berk to Work Match Thread

Anyone got any footage of Jack's second goal (or any of the goals for that matter)?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
canbee

#Beebot wrote:
jerroll wrote:
#Beebot wrote:I think I've found our striker trialist - I suggested earlier that he might have been playing abroad, but his CV couldn't be much more local - has played in the borough of Barnet more than we have over the last few years!

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/players/ivan-machado
Having seen him play for Hadley on numerous occasions that wasn't Ivan Machado playing last night. average step 5 footballer who had 1 good season a couple of years ago!
Thanks for clarifying - looked similar to him based on the profile picture.

The forward was definitely called Ivan, but hopefully he has more pedigree than his namesake.
A source has told me that our mystery striker trialist is Ivan Iderverdanetis, a Latvian who was recommended to the club by Rihards Matrevics, and that his record playing in the Latvian league suggests that he will be able to give our attack a better sense of purpose and direction.
canbee

#Beebot wrote:
jerroll wrote:
#Beebot wrote:I think I've found our striker trialist - I suggested earlier that he might have been playing abroad, but his CV couldn't be much more local - has played in the borough of Barnet more than we have over the last few years!

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/players/ivan-machado
Having seen him play for Hadley on numerous occasions that wasn't Ivan Machado playing last night. average step 5 footballer who had 1 good season a couple of years ago!
Thanks for clarifying - looked similar to him based on the profile picture.

The forward was definitely called Ivan, but hopefully he has more pedigree than his namesake.
A source has told me that our mystery striker trialist is Ivan Iderverdanetis, a Latvian who was recommended to the club by Rihards Matrevics, and that his record playing in the Latvian league suggests that he will be able to give our attack a better sense of purpose and direction.
Tuesds

ninestein wrote:Anyone got any footage of Jack's second goal (or any of the goals for that matter)?
Highlights here: https://youtu.be/P2iV2MngwXA
ninestein

Excellent
letchbee94

Was decent display for a first PSF.
Good to see Jake get amongst the goals, hopefully a sign of things to come.
ninestein

Based on that footage, Sparkes was putting in some good deliveries. Currie has put a lot of faith in him. Could he do a Sweeney and go from forgotten fringe player to most improved player?
#Beebot

ninestein wrote:Based on that footage, Sparkes was putting in some good deliveries. Currie has put a lot of faith in him. Could he do a Sweeney and go from forgotten fringe player to most improved player?
For me his biggest problem is his total lack of pace, and against a team like Berkhamsted he has time and space to put deliveries in. Every full back he came up against last year was able to easily marshal him.
john dockers shorts

We all saw enough of Sparkes last season to see he is useless. I'm hopeful he finds his level which is not national league.
WinchyBee

If we can get Sparkes into decent positions the he'll provide many assists for us this season that's for sure, cracking delivery on him.
Would prefer to see this come first game of the season though.

Loach
H.Taylor - Santos - Reynolds - Johnson
Adams - Boucaud
J.Taylor
EMC - Shaq - Elito
mcleod23

H Taylor is a total no at RB. Exposed due to lack of pace. Broadly agree with the rest of the line up.
#Beebot

mcleod23 wrote:H Taylor is a total no at RB. Exposed due to lack of pace. Broadly agree with the rest of the line up.
He's a defensive mid, last season made that clear. I would rather have Cheye at RB (and I don't rate him)
Tuesds

I would also have to go with Alexander at RB, and I’d go with Akinola over Elito.

Elito and Mauro would start on the bench for me, along with Barham or the new star striker(!). A tough decision then comes when Sweeney’s back from suspension. Can’t see Currie dropping Reynolds, so following Sweeney’s turn in midfield at Berko, does he come in there for Adams or Boucaud, rather than at the back for Santos or Reynolds?
#Beebot

Sweeney over Adams at DM for me, better passer of the ball. Dan is too erratic at the back for me