He's coming home!
To Crewe?

:*(:
Norfolkbee

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Luke Gambin released by Luton.
becbee

Kevin Lisbie playing in F A Vase Final for Cray Valley Paper Mills, currently on BT Sport.
#Beebot

becbee wrote:Kevin Lisbie playing in F A Vase Final for Cray Valley Paper Mills, currently on BT Sport.
Anthony Edgar playing for Cray too, Nick Jupp playing for Chertsey.
Psycho

Former manager Mark Robson turns 50 today!

I know he's in a line of old managers that it didn't work out for at Barnet but he was a genuinely nice guy when I met him and felt he got a lot of unfair abuse from fans. Yes, his record was poor but once Edgar Davids came in, his card was marked. Now assistant at Aston Villa, as they prepare for their Championship play-off final against Derby on Bank holiday Monday.

Happy birthday Robbo.
hoofer2

King Ken Charlery will be managing his team in the Essex Senior League next season....

https://www.hertsad.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -1-6058633
jerroll

Psycho wrote:Former manager Mark Robson turns 50 today!

I know he's in a line of old managers that it didn't work out for at Barnet but he was a genuinely nice guy when I met him and felt he got a lot of unfair abuse from fans. Yes, his record was poor but once Edgar Davids came in, his card was marked. Now assistant at Aston Villa, as they prepare for their Championship play-off final against Derby on Bank holiday Monday.

Happy birthday Robbo.
Not sure he's actually still there, their website confirms :-

Head Coach Dean Smith
Assistant Head Coach Richard O'Kelly
Assistant Head Coach John Terry
jerroll

hoofer2 wrote:King Ken Charlery will be managing his team in the Essex Senior League next season....

https://www.hertsad.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -1-6058633
More FA nonsense, moved to accommodate 2 teams from the united counties league who were fed up travelling to Leicester every other week!
Jon83

Clovis signs for Maidstone!
MCB

Jon83 wrote:Clovis signs for Maidstone!
:sad:

#MavisComeHome
MCB

Jamal Lowe to Leeds? Seems a decent punt, and they'll be favourite for promotion next year

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/05/blogs/ ... -interest/

Also rumours he's had a medical at Middlesborough for £4.5 mill.

He did sign for a fee from Hampton & Richmond - I hope they have a juicy signing on fee.

Edit - apparently - "In the event that Jamal moves on, Hampton will receive 15% of the difference between the fee we received (£25,000) and the amount of his onward sale, regardless of time lapse and which division Portsmouth are in at the time."

So potentially over £670k.
dawat

MCB wrote:Jamal Lowe to Leeds? Seems a decent punt, and they'll be favourite for promotion next year

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/05/blogs/ ... -interest/

Also rumours he's had a medical at Middlesborough for £4.5 mill.

He did sign for a fee from Hampton & Richmond - I hope they have a juicy signing on fee.
So Lowe is of interest to Leeds and Middlesborough but not good enough for Barnet! Jamal either has improved beyond belief or our club screwed that one up! Anyway, I wish him well for the future!
MCB

dawat wrote: So Lowe is of interest to Leeds and Middlesborough but not good enough for Barnet! Jamal either has improved beyond belief or our club screwed that one up! Anyway, I wish him well for the future!
Well, there is one person on here that stood by Lowe throughout. But after leaving us St Albans City & Hemel Hempstead Town didn't think he was good enough either.

So he has genuinely got his head down and improved beyond belief.
Mem Beespod

Ex-Bees (2014 update)

MCB wrote:
dawat wrote: So Lowe is of interest to Leeds and Middlesborough but not good enough for Barnet! Jamal either has improved beyond belief or our club screwed that one up! Anyway, I wish him well for the future!
Well, there is one person on here that stood by Lowe throughout. But after leaving us St Albans City & Hemel Hempstead Town didn't think he was good enough either.

So he has genuinely got his head down and improved beyond belief.
I have a theory on why some hugely talented forward players never make the grade and some others do. There are lots of speed merchant forwards who are in and out of teams who do all the hard work then fall to bits in the part of the pitch where it counts either with a final ball or a shot. The difference between the best forwards and the others are that they are more precise.

To be regularly precise you need to practice that skill continuously, then it becomes like muscle memory. How do you do that when you’re in and out of the team? Nerves doesn’t help if you only have 10 mins here and there. You can do it on the training pitch but a match situation has so many other factors to add in.

IMO Jamal always had the potential at Barnet but in this short term view we have of players where we need results, he was given small windows of opportunity and was expected to take it instantly. Much like a lot of talented players like Shomotun, Kyei, Amaluzor etc they never were able to settle and feel like they belonged and gain any momentum.
Compare that with EMC where we’re starting to see end product after he was given time to settle.

What Jamal did which I feel that more players need to do, is forget about clinging onto playing at the highest level your agent can get you, where you’re expected to make something of the 10 minute cameos, and drop down to a level where you can play regularly and build your game.

It didn’t work straight away for Jamal but he found Hampton and he got all the relevant parts to his game to align, smoothed out and built up a huge amount of momentum where everything was second nature to him which meant he hit the ground running at Portsmouth.

We’re as much to blame as the club as supporters aren’t the most patient. How many times have we read on here, people saying that so and so from the youth team isn’t good enough after a handful of appearances? It doesn’t work that way with youth players which is why nobody can predict which will players will leave us for better things and which will fall out of the game
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938