Pointless

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Psycho

Pointless

Which former Barnet manager is currently on the popular BBC quiz show?

I hope he goes out in the first round........ :geahh:
Psycho

Re: Pointless

Scrapes through.

Apart from that win at Portsmouth in the League Cup, the memory I have of him is that awful 6-3 defeat at home to Burton Albion. Was the reverse fixture that brilliant 2-1 win on the last day of the season to stay up?

Great turnout by the Bees fans. We took 1500 up there if my memory serves me correctly?
rudebwoyben

Psycho wrote:Scrapes through.

Apart from that win at Portsmouth in the League Cup, the memory I have of him is that awful 6-3 defeat at home to Burton Albion. Was the reverse fixture that brilliant 2-1 win on the last day of the season to stay up?

Great turnout by the Bees fans. We took 1500 up there if my memory serves me correctly?
Not quite as many as that! Just under 1,000.
Psycho

rudebwoyben wrote:

I remember the terrace being absolutely heaving and there were quite a few Bees fans in the seats as well.

The manager in question.........Lawrie Sanchez!!!

Maybe the most disliked boss that I've watched us have although Graham Westley runs him close. He seemed so arrogant and thought the Barnet job was beneath him after managing Northern Ireland and he had no connection with the fans - after playing for Wimbledon he thought supporters weren't important.

The exact opposite of Martin Allen who the West Ham fans loved and got Barnet supporters involved first time around - who could ever forget the team v fans match and plenty of other things.
rudebwoyben

Psycho wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:

I remember the terrace being absolutely heaving and there were quite a few Bees fans in the seats as well.

The manager in question.........Lawrie Sanchez!!!

Maybe the most disliked boss that I've watched us have although Graham Westley runs him close. He seemed so arrogant and thought the Barnet job was beneath him after managing Northern Ireland and he had no connection with the fans - after playing for Wimbledon he thought supporters weren't important.

The exact opposite of Martin Allen who the West Ham fans loved and got Barnet supporters involved first time around - who could ever forget the team v fans match and plenty of other things.
To me, it was a mystery what the arrogance was based on! He achieved a few decent results for Northern Ireland but got them nowhere near tournament qualification and he had a lucky streak of half a dozen matches that kept Fulham up. Nothing else!