South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: South Stand

Barrow fans very unhappy about the price differential. They gave a "Barnet Rip Off" thread (sorry, no idea how to share this thread).
I appreciate that they may not know that the NL rules have been changed but I do have sympathy with them. As it is they are urging their fellow fans to not spend any money in The Hive.
DerekRocholl

They can both come and stand in the South with us for £10, as long as they don't wake us up we won't notice them.
MCB

It's difficult to make them understand they are not getting like for like.

If they are trying to compare then they should realise we pay more for equivilent facilities compared to what they are getting. If the terrace had decent views or a bar i'd have sympathy.
DerekRocholl

MCB wrote:It's difficult to make them understand they are not getting like for like.

If they are trying to compare then they should realise we pay more for equivilent facilities compared to what they are getting. If the terrace had decent views or a bar i'd have sympathy.
The view is fine unless you stand right behind the goal. Bars aren't an essential for everyone or even most. £10 v £22 is quite a big differential.
MCB

Hiveoccupier wrote: The view is fine unless you stand right behind the goal. Bars aren't an essential for everyone or even most. £10 v £22 is quite a big differential.
£10 is amongst the cheapest in the league, if not the cheapest. But has lowering the prices made any difference to people going? I do pop into the South sometimes, i've no loyalty to any particular stand! But beer is fairly important to me when it comes to Barnet!
DerekRocholl

MCB wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote: The view is fine unless you stand right behind the goal. Bars aren't an essential for everyone or even most. £10 v £22 is quite a big differential.
£10 is amongst the cheapest in the league, if not the cheapest. But has lowering the prices made any difference to people going? I do pop into the South sometimes, i've no loyalty to any particular stand! But beer is fairly important to me when it comes to Barnet!
Not sure what any of that has to do with Barrow fans' factually legitimate moan that Barnet fans have got a much lower priced offer for watching Saturday's game.
jdmckbee

MCB wrote:
Maybe that was the clubs plan all along, to create such a dire spectacle on and off the pitch, that the only way of getting through a matchday is to drink lots of their dreadful beer?
We're the West Bank Underhill......
ETBee

Blimey. If the Barrow fans are complaining about the Hive I can't imagine what they would say/have said when they visit Solihull!
jerroll

Hiveoccupier wrote:
MCB wrote:
Not sure what any of that has to do with Barrow fans' factually legitimate moan that Barnet fans have got a much lower priced offer for watching Saturday's game.
I agree they have a point however their club charges away fans £15 for the most primitive accommodation with no cover in the event of inclement weather!
MCB

Hiveoccupier wrote: Not sure what any of that has to do with Barrow fans' factually legitimate moan that Barnet fans have got a much lower priced offer for watching Saturday's game.
Alright, it's not a legitimate moan as you have no right to pay the same as home fans. Happy? Moral, maybe, legitimate, nope.

Persisting with the belief that we should be driving down facilities to cheapen the away offer will only lead to the elimination of the home terrace for home fans, or to see the re-introduction of £22 standing for home fans.

There are two ways of looking at this as an away fan.

1. It's not fair, Barnet fans pay less, I don't care about a seat, views, bar, cover, I just want the cheapest possible access to see my team play against Barnet NO MATTER WHAT.
2. £20 is amongst the more expensive entrance fees we'll pay, but it's the best away end in the league, with great views, comfort, our own bar and in London, so it's worth paying the extra £2 than away fans pay for seats in our away end.

It's now the case that INCREASING the cost of the South Stand to £15 actually eradicates some of the complaints of the away fans which is ridiculous. We can't give them terracing. We can't decrease the cost of seats to £10. So either close the terrace or increase the price?
MCB

jerroll wrote: I agree they have a point however their club charges away fans £15 for the most primitive accommodation with no cover in the event of inclement weather!
£16, or £18 on the day. I have been to Barrow (not the ground) as i'm from that way, so I know there is plenty of inclement weather. So the away fans don't get cover?

Definitely worth a '£2' supplement.
jerroll

MCB wrote:
jerroll wrote: I agree they have a point however their club charges away fans £15 for the most primitive accommodation with no cover in the event of inclement weather!
£16, or £18 on the day. I have been to Barrow (not the ground) as i'm from that way, so I know there is plenty of inclement weather. So the away fans don't get cover?

Definitely worth a '£2' supplement.
only if you can get a seat as only 1000 in whole ground!!
Tuesds

Hiveoccupier wrote:
MCB wrote:It's difficult to make them understand they are not getting like for like.

The view is fine unless you stand right behind the goal. Bars aren't an essential for everyone or even most. £10 v £22 is quite a big differential.
They don’t pay £22. They pay £20. It’s home fans who pay £22, to sit in the West Stand. Come to think of it, the comparison between the West and the North Stands is a much fairer one, and we charge away fans less than home fans!

They’re getting a bargain, and should be hailing us for our benevolence! Or at least quit their moaning.
DerekRocholl

Tuesds wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

They don’t pay £22. They pay £20. It’s home fans who pay £22, to sit in the West Stand. Come to think of it, the comparison between the West and the North Stands is a much fairer one, and we charge away fans less than home fans!

They’re getting a bargain, and should be hailing us for our benevolence! Or at least stop moaning.
Sorry about the £2 error.

It is a fact that Barnet supporters can watch this game for the price a £10 adult standing ticket and the cheapest that a Barrow fan can watch it with an adult ticket is £20.

However we might want to justify things it is a material difference in available price points and it is bound to attract some complaints from those away supporters. Especially those who don't place any value on sitting or having access to a bar in a football stadium.
pgbee

Orient did (have been doing) it for years , it's nothing new. Do away with terrace,so that you can charge away fans more for a seat. And in their case, a worse view.