Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

So.... Tuesday sees the bees returning to FA Trophy action against Carshalton.

After Carshalton refused to finish the match on the day we are left with a fixture we could do without but hopefully this will give the bees players a chance to reset in a cup competition having been hungover from the nectar of the FA Cup on Saturday.

Otherwise the wheels could very well come off this season as we run out of gas and limp on fumes to a lower mid table finish (still not able to consider the R word).

In terms of team line-up I have reached the point of no more tolerance with some of our players and I hope Currie has too. My team:-

-----------------------------------huffer---------------------

-- H. Taylor---Sweeney--Payne---Tutonda---

---------------------Robson--Boucard-----------------

--mason-clarke----j. Taylor-------elito------------

-------------------------coulthirst---------------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Smith, Fonguck, Sparkes, Harrison

Ideally I would like a loan CB in if Santos Johnson and Reynolds are not ready so we can play Robson in his best position. If Huffer is not considered to be a starter we may as well send him back and get an adult in goal who has a semblance of catching ability

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
BEEGONE

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Carshalton refused to finish the game?
Bee_Forever

BEEGONE wrote:Carshalton refused to finish the game?
To be precise they refused extra time and penalties to resolve the tie on the day in the event of a draw in accordance with the rules of the FAT.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
djhdjh

Bet they wish they'd changed their mind on that at full time of the first game. Strange call for a team at home to make anyway, you'd think they'd want to have a better chance there and then, hardly like our gate is going to be so big a replay is beneficial financially.
antbfc

after saturday can't imagine many will be there... including me! 400 odd?
MCB

Can't help but think Sweeney needs a break.

He is trying to tell us that himself, thus the attempts to get himself sent off in the last 3 games.
Norfolk & Chance

djhdjh wrote:Bet they wish they'd changed their mind on that at full time of the first game. Strange call for a team at home to make anyway, you'd think they'd want to have a better chance there and then, hardly like our gate is going to be so big a replay is beneficial financially.
Quite right, they were all over us in the 2nd half after Sweeney went off.
They looked like scoring from every attack.
I'm pretty sure they'd have won in ET.
ninestein

Saturday's result all but confirms that we will not finish in the top 7. The best we can hope for in the league is a safe mid-table finish, possibly a top 10.
This replay with Carshalton represents our best chance of tangible success. A visit to Wembley in the trophy final would be immense for our club and its fans. We must take this seriously, go all out to win this tie and put it to bed properly. Then if we can somehow negotiate Fylde/Ramsbottom in the quarters, we'll be guaranteed a home occasion in the 2-legged semi final. At least it gives us something to cling on to as the season comes towards a close, and another big fixture at the Hive to promote.

For me, we shouldn't be looking at Solihull away on Saturday and thinking that we should rest players in favour of the league. There's enough football to be played between now and the end of April to add to our points tally. It's all about the trophy.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
pokal02

Before the Braintree & Sutton defeats I'd have agreed with this. Now our absolute priority has to be getting enough points to stay up. Relegation to CS would have serious long-term implications. Having said that, I don't really see what changes we can make - we've no fit defenders or wingers to bring in. Would like to see Bettamer given a chance, if only from the bench.
barnet34

pokal02 wrote:Before the Braintree & Sutton defeats I'd have agreed with this. Now our absolute priority has to be getting enough points to stay up. Relegation to CS would have serious long-term implications. Having said that, I don't really see what changes we can make - we've no fit defenders or wingers to bring in. Would like to see Bettamer given a chance, if only from the bench.
Apart from Shaq this team couldn't hit a barn door and yet Bettemer can't even make the bench, how does that work? Is he injured, or is there another reason why he's been discarded. Total mystery.
DerekRocholl

If we go out of this tournament tomorrow the rest of the season is going to be as uninspiring as it gets. If we get relegated with this squad and the resources the club should have at its disposal following the Cup run it won't be because we gave the FA Trophy a go.

We should just play the best team for each game that comes up and try to build a winning rythmn. To do anything else risks breeding defeatism.
becbee

Regardless of our remaining progress ( nor not) in the FAT, we still have 19 NL fixtures left to play in the next 2.5 months. That's almost half our season's fixtures. We can't think of them as being uninspiring.

Tomorrow will be our 11th cup match of the season - we usually only manage 2 or 3! Even if we lose tomorrow, that we will still play 57 matches this season. Keep winning and we could have over 60 matches. Obviously the aim must be to win every match but it's a lot to ask of the players.

To my mind, the priority is to avoid relegation. 19 matches is a potential 57 points, ample opportunity to stay up. I will be there tomorrow evening wanting us to win but the reality is that NL survival is far more important than Carshalton then Ramsbottom / Fylde away.
Norfolk & Chance

Most fans know we went to Wembley in 1972, most know we lost 3 nil in a fairly uninspired performance (my Dad's words).

Anyone know what league we were in, in 72? And where we finished in the league? Or ANY other game in the 71/72 season?
We should put 100% into the trophy come what may! Those memories are rare and sometimes only happen once in a lifetime.

Anyway, we're Barnet, we'll avoid relegation on the last day, easy!
DerekRocholl

becbee wrote:Regardless of our remaining progress ( nor not) in the FAT, we still have 19 NL fixtures left to play in the next 2.5 months. That's almost half our season's fixtures. We can't think of them as being uninspiring.

Tomorrow will be our 11th cup match of the season - we usually only manage 2 or 3! Even if we lose tomorrow, that we will still play 57 matches this season. Keep winning and we could have over 60 matches. Obviously the aim must be to win every match but it's a lot to ask of the players.

To my mind, the priority is to avoid relegation. 19 matches is a potential 57 points, ample opportunity to stay up. I will be there tomorrow evening wanting us to win but the reality is that NL survival is far more important than Carshalton then Ramsbottom / Fylde away.
Each to their own but however you dress things up IMO it is difficult to be inspired by National League games where the only thing really at stake is the avoidance of an outside chance of relegation.

I don't find relegation battles exciting just depressing and one that could lead to relegation from the NLP would be even more depressing than the others we have endured in recent times.

Therefore unless we go on a long winning run and get ourselves in with a realistic shout of a play off spot, the FA Trophy is the main chance of some real excitement in the remainder of this season.

I don't think we will get relegated because we played a few more games, we have a big squad and if further strengthening is needed the Chairman must have made quite a bit out of the Cup run.
MCB

Although i'd also be surprised to see Aldershot, Dover and Chesterfield in the bottom 4 come the end of the season.