Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
finchleyman

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Two people can see the game in a totally different way. That, I suppose, is the beauty of the game. How someone can give Che Alexander a point score of eight is beyond me when he was mostly guilty of giving the ball away.

As for Cousins, he did not come out for the first cross which appeared to be very close to him and when the second cross came in he made no effort here either with the result the ball found its way into the back of the net. Sorry if others disagree but I think it is time to give Matrevic a go and I am a bit surprised that DC didn't try him out against Dorchester. Perhaps he is not good enough (although he looks pretty good in the warm-ups) but unless he is tried out we will never know. If Cousins gets injured, there will be no choice so I do think that DC should give Matrevic a trial.
becbee

Yes but DC is currently on trial himself so he's not going to take any risks.
Presumably Matrevic will play on Tuesday in the Middx Senior cup match.
Beeznizz

finchleyman wrote:Two people can see the game in a totally different way. That, I suppose, is the beauty of the game. How someone can give Che Alexander a point score of eight is beyond me when he was mostly guilty of giving the ball away.

As for Cousins, he did not come out for the first cross which appeared to be very close to him and when the second cross came in he made no effort here either with the result the ball found its way into the back of the net. Sorry if others disagree but I think it is time to give Matrevic a go and I am a bit surprised that DC didn't try him out against Dorchester. Perhaps he is not good enough (although he looks pretty good in the warm-ups) but unless he is tried out we will never know. If Cousins gets injured, there will be no choice so I do think that DC should give Matrevic a trial.
I am that someone & like I’ve said, there were some passes that went astray, by most of the players, but to single out One player is harsh as there were other players that were just as culpable!
His overall performance for me deserved the score to a couple of misplaced passes. In my opinion of course!

The second phase of play for their goal caught everyone out, but could’ve quite easily have been avoided with a bit more communication.
letchbee94

Very relieved when Robson headed in the winner.
To there credit Dorchester played some nice football at times.
Good to see Shaq getting the goals now, keep it up.
amberforever

Alexander does seem to receive some criticism for passes going astray but that’s something that is present throughout the whole team. I feel Alexander shows a lot of balls in his runs forward which he’s not afraid to make. To his credit it’s usually when we seem to have run out of ideas and resorted to sideways only passing. I’m sure he can only continue to improve.
john dockers shorts

He's so one footed its painful.

He's an alright steady player but offensively he's very limited
Beeznizz

john dockers shorts wrote:He's so one footed its painful.

He's an alright steady player but offensively he's very limited
Hmmm. 3 assists with his left foot for Johnson, Sparkes & the marginal offside one last week for Shaq. Scored a free kick with his right. Set up Fonguck’s goal with his right from the byline. One of our few shots yesterday on target, first half with his left. A cross with his right, that found Mason Clark only for the youngster to blaze over the bar..

But he is one footed!
jonbonbaby

He is a lot less limited going forward than Johnson , nothing against Johnson but he is pretty limited but still does a good job
Beeznizz

The team played some really good stuff and will get better & better as time goes on. There was nothing from yesterday’s performance to suggest otherwise.
My only hope now, is that Darren Currie gets the job permanently.
DerekRocholl

jonbonbaby wrote:He is a lot less limited going forward than Johnson , nothing against Johnson but he is pretty limited but still does a good job
If Elliot is limited to putting crosses in the box like the one for Robson’s goal that will do for me.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 13 Jan 2019, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
Bee_Forever

Agree with Hive. Johnson is decent going forward and with his delivery. His defensive robustness also allows EMC to express himself.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
JWTBee

Bee_Forever wrote:Agree with Hive. Johnson is decent going forward and with his delivery. His defensive robustness also allows EMC to express himself.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
However EMC must learn to track back more! He does not provide enough cover for the full back when we are not in possession! This has been very noticeable in the last few games IMO.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
MCB

Teams still in the hat:

- Ramsbottom United/Weymouth
- AFC Telford United
- Maidstone United
- Hemel Hempstead Town
- Barnet
- Brackley Town
- Salford City
- Blyth Spartans