Battle of the bees - date confirmed

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetjohn

Re: Battle of the bees - date confirmed

Not sure about Spanish channels but in a big city you should be able to find a bar that can pick up British satellite TV. Do a bit of googling and I'm sure a place like Barça will have a few expat / tourist oriented pubs that have sky/BT
shankbee01

barnetjohn wrote:Not sure about Spanish channels but in a big city you should be able to find a bar that can pick up British satellite TV. Do a bit of googling and I'm sure a place like Barça will have a few expat / tourist oriented pubs that have sky/BT
Thanks to you and Jerroll! Only problem is I’m nowhere near the city centre. I’m sure I’ll be able to work something out. Even if I have to work out a BTsports vpn deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
foxy

loads of english bars will show the game
becbee

barnetjohn wrote:I think the club got this right. Not sure if they are even allowed under tournament rules to refuse a request to move a match for TV. But in any event, it's £150k extra for the club which is a serious amount of money. Definitely is annoying for younger fans with early bedtimes though.

I don't think a Monday night slot will hit the gate much. Whilst midweek league games might get a lower gate, surely that deterrent effect isn't going to be in play for our biggest cup game in over decade. True that some younger fans won't be able to make it but may be roughly offset by the fact that our Jewish fans who can't make Saturday games will be able to make a Monday one.
Children's bedtimes on school nights are important but even the strictest teachers make allowances for the one off time when a child has had a late night for a special occasion.
Norfolk & Chance

We should also bear in mind the bedtime of some of the older frequenters of this site.
It could put a few of them right out of kilter.
pgbee

Already looking forward to battling round the M25 from Sussex, train might be an option but take ages getting home, weekend would have been better.
MCB

shankbee01 wrote: Thanks to you and Jerroll! Only problem is I’m nowhere near the city centre. I’m sure I’ll be able to work something out. Even if I have to work out a BTsports vpn deal.
I'm sure a few links will magically appear as they did last time around!
hatfieldbee

Hello all. Brentford fan here from Hertfordshire. I don't say "in peace" as some do when posting on other clubs message boards for the first time - there really should be no need for that! Looking forward to our cup tie. Been to Underhill quite a few times, for every Bees v Bees match. Some goal filled matches, I remember, especially a 5-5. Oh! and a very cold midweek League Trophy match at Griffin Park won in extra time by a Golden Goal. Thankfully that ended the match, it was so cold!

You got more from Sheff Utd than we did in a recent League match with them - well done!

You guys are sharing many of the concerns on our message boards about the effect live TV may have on the attendance .However if it were the Beeb showing it live there would be grounds for concern. However, not everyone has BT Sport, so it will hopefully not be too much of a problem.

I've been to the Hive before, for the PSF a few years ago, and thought it an excellent new build. I've been trying to explain to fellow Brentford message board members how easy it is to get to by road and Underground. Perhaps one of you could advise regarding on street car parking - are there many Residents Parking Schemes in operation? There didn't seem to be back in 2014. I was able to park easily in Whitchurch Road (?), the road that has the Underground station on. Our tickets haven't gone on sale yet (officially or unofficially).

Looking forward to a good evening, and an entertaining match.
shankbee01

hatfieldbee wrote:Hello all. Brentford fan here from Hertfordshire. I don't say "in peace" as some do when posting on other clubs message boards for the first time - there really should be no need for that! Looking forward to our cup tie. Been to Underhill quite a few times, for every Bees v Bees match. Some goal filled matches, I remember, especially a 5-5. Oh! and a very cold midweek League Trophy match at Griffin Park won in extra time by a Golden Goal. Thankfully that ended the match, it was so cold!

You got more from Sheff Utd than we did in a recent League match with them - well done!

You guys are sharing many of the concerns on our message boards about the effect live TV may have on the attendance .However if it were the Beeb showing it live there would be grounds for concern. However, not everyone has BT Sport, so it will hopefully not be too much of a problem.

I've been to the Hive before, for the PSF a few years ago, and thought it an excellent new build. I've been trying to explain to fellow Brentford message board members how easy it is to get to by road and Underground. Perhaps one of you could advise regarding on street car parking - are there many Residents Parking Schemes in operation? There didn't seem to be back in 2014. I was able to park easily in Whitchurch Road (?), the road that has the Underground station on. Our tickets haven't gone on sale yet (officially or unofficially).

Looking forward to a good evening, and an entertaining match.
There’s lots of ‘free’ parking around Cannons Park underground station that doesn’t require a residents permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hatfieldbee

There’s lots of ‘free’ parking around Cannons Park underground station that doesn’t require a residents permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thanks shankbee
foxy

shouldnt your name be hatfieldfakebee?

:Drink1: :Drink1: :bash: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:
MCB

I was always under the impression that Brentford were names 'B's that just got lazily extended to 'Bees' in an unoriginal fashion, but their nickname was never originally 'Bees'?
beew

MCB wrote:I was always under the impression that Brentford were names 'B's that just got lazily extended to 'Bees' in an unoriginal fashion, but their nickname was never originally 'Bees'?
You’re right but were we called the Bees in 1888?
Norfolk & Chance

I think we started with a violet or similar colour strip. So probably not. Edd1 can always check to see if there's such a thing as a pink bee I suppose..
hatfieldbee

AFAIK Barnet were formed 1888, one year before Brentford. They seem to have been an amalgam of a number of clubs before becoming Barnet FC in the 1920s. Brentford fans tend to call Barnet the fake Bees, but there is an argument for that being the other way round. MCB is right that the B's became the Bees, but apart from one season in the 1960s, our 1st strip colour has always been red and white stripes.Ironically that one season our 1st strip was IIRC yellow shirts with a blue diagonal band, which hither to and mosy years until recently formed the basis of our second strip.

In recent seasons there have been a variety of 2nd and, indeed, 3rd strips because of sponsorship deals on the shirts. I suspect however, that we will be in our red & white stripes for the cup tie (not that I'm ITK!).