vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby hoofer2 » 09 Jan 2019, 13:20

I have just been reminded of already arranged plans for the FA Cup game.

If you are reading this FA - Friday or Monday evening games are most convenient to me :)
hoofer2
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Reckless » 09 Jan 2019, 13:53

I have it on a good authority we will know tomorrow afternoon - 3pm Saturday it should always be if only for the chance for 3 hours pre match - bonding session.
User avatar
Reckless
 
Posts: 2657
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:53
Location: Potters Bar

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby jerroll » 09 Jan 2019, 13:57

hoofer2 wrote:I have just been reminded of already arranged plans for the FA Cup game.

If you are reading this FA - Friday or Monday evening games are most convenient to me :)

Monday please as its after the test match in Barbados has finished!!
jerroll
 
Posts: 9315
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby hoofer2 » 09 Jan 2019, 14:00

Reckless wrote:I have it on a good authority we will know tomorrow afternoon - 3pm Saturday it should always be if only for the chance for 3 hours pre match - bonding session.


I have it on good authority that Mrs Hoofer will not give me another pass for Sunday afternoon, or early evening kickoff Saturday, and probably Saturday afternoon too. It's destined for BBC red button I bet.
hoofer2
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Edd1 » 09 Jan 2019, 14:10

I have it in good authority that I have a full weekend pass that weekend however Mrs Edd1 would take a dim view of me being absent Monday evening.
Edd1
 
Posts: 767
Joined: 26 Jan 2011, 17:45

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby barnetpete » 09 Jan 2019, 14:14

I'm due to be in the Cotswold all weekend, so hoping for a Monday night game, or even late Sunday. We will be driving back though if it is Saturday 3pm.
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Foundation with every purchase.
barnetpete
 
Posts: 2035
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 13:37

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby KensalBee » 09 Jan 2019, 14:28

It could well be the Monday, as there's a full round of Premiership fixtures on the Tuesday & Wednesday - surely ruling out any tie featuring Premiership teams being played on the Monday, unless the league fixtures in question are postponed.
KensalBee
 
Posts: 282
Joined: 26 May 2013, 21:51

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby John_c » 09 Jan 2019, 15:44

Brief exchange of messages with my better half yesterday after she asked me to do something for her that weekend.

It went down well.

Suffice to say I'm not going to the Dorchester game :-) Image

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Nudger70 » 09 Jan 2019, 16:13

The 2pm Sunday’s worked well for us so far although not for the traditionalists. Looking at the matches I think we might be live . Arsenal v Man Utd and Spurs Crystal Palace look the only definetes of the rest of the ties .
Nudger70
 
Posts: 176
Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 12:41

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby hoofer2 » 09 Jan 2019, 17:08

Nudger70 wrote:The 2pm Sunday’s worked well for us so far although not for the traditionalists. Looking at the matches I think we might be live . Arsenal v Man Utd and Spurs Crystal Palace look the only definetes of the rest of the ties .



Wimbledon vs West Ham will surely be televised. The nostalgia after their FA Cup win will have the BBC dropping their drawers, with cliche after cliche spouting from the mouths of the vacuous pundits.

And I expect Man City vs Burnley to get televised with the same pundits slavering over Pep Guardiola.
hoofer2
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Psycho » 09 Jan 2019, 17:25

I think it'll be Millwall v Everton; terrific and hostile atmosphere at the Den. Something Marco Silva and his high-profile players won't be used to.

Citeh are being televised at least five times this month already! I'm not sure about Newcastle away yet. If the Burnley game is shown on BBC or BT Sports then they may just smash the record for number of matches on the box in a calendar month - possibly seven. :shock:
Psycho
 
Posts: 1753
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 20:20
Location: Sussex

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby letchbee94 » 09 Jan 2019, 18:07

I would guess AFC Wimbledon v West ham might be tele game as well?

I presume the tele games will be Friday night, Sat lunchtime and evening, Sunday afternoon and Monday night?

With ours being local game you guys wishing for a Monday or Friday night game might get lucky? I would presume the Saturday games would be Arsenal v Utd and Palace v Spurs?
letchbee94
 
Posts: 5750
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:59

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Hiveoccupier » 09 Jan 2019, 18:47

letchbee94 wrote:I would guess AFC Wimbledon v West ham might be tele game as well?

I presume the tele games will be Friday night, Sat lunchtime and evening, Sunday afternoon and Monday night?

With ours being local game you guys wishing for a Monday or Friday night game might get lucky? I would presume the Saturday games would be Arsenal v Utd and Palace v Spurs?


Would they want Arsenal, Spurs and Man U supporters on the move in the capital at the same time ? I would have thought one of the games is going to be on Sunday the other on Saturday ?
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby letchbee94 » 09 Jan 2019, 19:05

Good point, although the games would be different kick off times.
letchbee94
 
Posts: 5750
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:59

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby KensalBee » 09 Jan 2019, 20:28

Hiveoccupier wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:I would guess AFC Wimbledon v West ham might be tele game as well?

I presume the tele games will be Friday night, Sat lunchtime and evening, Sunday afternoon and Monday night?

With ours being local game you guys wishing for a Monday or Friday night game might get lucky? I would presume the Saturday games would be Arsenal v Utd and Palace v Spurs?


Would they want Arsenal, Spurs and Man U supporters on the move in the capital at the same time ? I would have thought one of the games is going to be on Sunday the other on Saturday ?


Spurs and Chelsea will play their respective matches no earlier than the Sunday because the 2nd leg of their League Cup semi final against each other is on the Thursday before. So Arsenal and Millwall will play their matches on the Saturday in all likelihood.
KensalBee
 
Posts: 282
Joined: 26 May 2013, 21:51

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canbee, hoppy, LoudmouthBFC and 111 guests