Fake BEES

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tuesds

Re: Fake BEES

MCB wrote:So we must have many Brentford connections? Does Josh Clarke still play for them? Steve Kabba, Martin Allen, erm.. anyone else?
Brentford stalwart and diminutive keeper Kevin Dearden had a very brief spell with us, conceding 5 at London Rd vs Posh. He’d always looked decent when playing for someone else!

Billy Manuel played for both.

Talking of Gary Phillips, I have a memory of him nearly scoring for us at Griffin Park during our season in the third tier when a long kick took a prodigious bounce and had to be tipped over by his opposite number. Although, as I type, I’m wondering if it was the other way round.
jerroll

Tuesds wrote:
MCB wrote:So we must have many Brentford connections? Does Josh Clarke still play for them? Steve Kabba, Martin Allen, erm.. anyone else?
Brentford stalwart and diminutive keeper Kevin Dearden had a very brief spell with us, conceding 5 at London Rd vs Posh. He’d always looked decent when playing for someone else!

Billy Manuel played for both.

Talking of Gary Phillips, I have a memory of him nearly scoring for us at Griffin Park during our season in the third tier when a long kick took a prodigious bounce and had to be tipped over by his opposite number. Although, as I type, I’m wondering if it was the other way round.
Charlie (not Charlee) Adams who we had on loan when Dick & Uli were in charge - useless winger who later joined FC Burberry!
Francis Joseph who made 1 sub appearance at Walsall in 1991.
Ben Strevens
ninestein

Glenn Poole played for both clubs too. He scored a penalty against us at Underhill during the Fairclough era.
The same player then signed for us during the Stimson era and hardly set the world alight.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

Another naff winger Mark Williams who played during Dogs' first spell in charge !
Josh Wright
rudebwoyben

Please don’t remind me of those players!
boots

David Court, Keith Bowen, Ian Bolton,Gary Phillips, Glen Poole, Craig Dobson, Billy Manuel, Stevenage managerial legend Wayne Turner, Graham Pearce, Tony Lynch, Lloyd Owusu, the great Kelly Haag, some bloke called John Akinde, Ben May, Ademola Bankole, Micheal Leary, Grant Basey, Josh Wright, Peter Beadle, Tony Finnegan, Charlie Macdonald, Jordan Parkes, the famous Dr. Kevin O' Flanagan, Barry Silkman, Mark Williams, Ben Strevens, the great Bill Roffey, not actually Paul Smith, and fastest own goal legend Pat Kruse have all turned out for the real and false Bees
Last edited by boots on 08 Jan 2019, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
MCB

Kelly Haag Derby

Really? I remember trying to look online and couldn't find where Haag had come from or gone to. He seemed to appear, score a goal against Southend, miss that chance against Chelsea and then disappear again....

In honour of the great man, it's only fair a match of this importance, mainly remembered for his performance against a higher ranked team in the FA Cup is renamed 'The Kelly Haag Derby'.
Norfolk & Chance

Kelly Haag scored 18 in 32 appearances for Ware in what seems to have been his last season. He got better with age.

He was also born in Enfield. It's all become clear now.
jerroll

Re: Kelly Haag Derby

MCB wrote:Really? I remember trying to look online and couldn't find where Haag had come from or gone to. He seemed to appear, score a goal against Southend, miss that chance against Chelsea and then disappear again....

In honour of the great man, it's only fair a match of this importance, mainly remembered for his performance against a higher ranked team in the FA Cup is renamed 'The Kelly Haag Derby'.
Signed from Fulham in summer of 1993. scored 9 or 10 goals in half a season for us - last goal was at Stockport on NYD then Clem came in & brought Terry Gibson in.
MCB

Re: Kelly Haag Derby

jerroll wrote:
MCB wrote:Really? I remember trying to look online and couldn't find where Haag had come from or gone to. He seemed to appear, score a goal against Southend, miss that chance against Chelsea and then disappear again....

Signed from Fulham in summer of 1993. scored 9 or 10 goals in half a season for us - last goal was at Stockport on NYD then Clem came in & brought Terry Gibson in.
I was at most games that season, all of the home ones. But to be fair I was mostly drunk.

So Haag had a decent strike rate for us then? He's scored more goals for us than anyone else at the highest level?

Must surely only rank behind Bully, Big John and Cliff in terms of league strike rates for us.
Edd1

Weren't most of Haag's penalties? Although I seem to recall him scoring a great finish against southend in the league cup.
jerroll

Edd1 wrote:Weren't most of Haag's penalties? Although I seem to recall him scoring a great finish against southend in the league cup.
11 goals in all comps only 3 pens @ Orient, Stockport York.
StephenM

jerroll wrote:
Edd1 wrote:Weren't most of Haag's penalties? Although I seem to recall him scoring a great finish against southend in the league cup.
Has there ever been a better player of his type for Barnet, and by that I mean a blonde haired, fans favourite, striker.
jerroll

StephenM wrote:
jerroll wrote:
Has there ever been a better player of his type for Barnet, and by that I mean a blonde haired, fans favourite, striker.
Bully dyed his hair blonde at one point as did Sean Devine !!
Norfolk & Chance

That's the difference, God was natural.