Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Jason Puncheon joins Huddersfield on loan from Palace
Reckless

letchbee94 wrote:Maik Taylor is playing in a six aside tournament on sky sports tonight
Also heard at the start that he is currently goal keeping coach for the Northern Island national team.
Didn't realise Asuncian had a National team?
dawat

Doyley wrote:Seems to be people being wise after the event, as I recall I saw nothing from Jamal Lowe to suggest he was one for the future, he didn't grab his chance when given it, can't keep everyone just in case.
It can be just one of those things. When I took over managing a youth team I replaced a long standing goalkeeper they had because IMO he was a nice enough lad,but he had the wrong attitude, wasn't prepared to train properly and let in too many soft goals. I replaced him with my son's friend who was a much better keeper and we finished second in the league and won the cup competition. The original keeper moved on as he wasn't happy about being told he would be warming the bench for most of the season and frankly I agreed with his decision.
Anyway the purpose of this tale is that the discarded goalkeeper took his demotion in the correct way. He changed his attitude, lost weight, trained hard and went onto greater things with other clubs, for which I was genuinely pleased for him. Had he stayed playing with us despite my best efforts I doubt very much much would have changed and I really don't think he would have become the better player that he did.
letchbee94

Reckless wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:Maik Taylor is playing in a six aside tournament on sky sports tonight
Also heard at the start that he is currently goal keeping coach for the Northern Island national team.
Didn't realise Asuncian had a National team?
Cheers Reckless, school boy has been edited.
MCB

Annual bring back Josh Wright comment instigator

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... new-clubs/
boots

I haven't looked through the whole thread but I did not know until he was just mentioned in the Brentford thread, that Big Clifford Inakurate, I mean Akurang, now has his own football club, surely the only guaranteed way of getting picked to stand about doing not very much (apart from signing for Barnet, a tradition kept bang up to date with Byron Harrison).The big man is now player/manager, scout AND chairman of Coggeshall United and has kept up his impressive strike rate with a whole 4 goals in the Eastern Counties League. They have recently put 9 past Fire United Christian FC, even Jesus can't stop Cliff.
jerroll

boots wrote:I haven't looked through the whole thread but I did not know until he was just mentioned in the Brentford thread, that Big Clifford Inakurate, I mean Akurang, now has his own football club, surely the only guaranteed way of getting picked to stand about doing not very much (apart from signing for Barnet, a tradition kept bang up to date with Byron Harrison).The big man is now player/manager, scout AND chairman of Coggeshall United and has kept up his impressive strike rate with a whole 4 goals in the Eastern Counties League. They have recently put 9 past Fire United Christian FC, even Jesus can't stop Cliff.
Apart from the fact they are really Coggeshall Town's 'reserve' team!
Mem Beespod

Doyley wrote:Seems to be people being wise after the event, as I recall I saw nothing from Jamal Lowe to suggest he was one for the future, he didn't grab his chance when given it, can't keep everyone just in case.
I agree. I liked Lowe and could see the talent but he never took his opportunities. I’ve mentioned this before but for me Southend away was his sliding doors moment. If he scored instead of hitting the post and scored the sitter he missed in the last few mins, it could have made all the difference.

For some players it makes sense to drop down to a less demanding level to get their game together and get a run of games and momentum.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
magiovinium_bee

Apologies if this has been posted previously, Clovis Kamdjo played centre midfield for St Albans City at Truro City last night in the National League South. He didn’t have his best night, giving the ball away frequently. Truro came from behind to win 2-1 in stoppage time and ease their relegation worries.
magiovinium_bee

Luisma appears to be a free agent again after both parties agreed to have his contact terminated at Ponferradina after just 8 games following his move there from Arenas Club. He played 81 games for Arenas, scoring 19 goals. I hope he finds a club soon. Top player. Top bloke. The legend still has a Barnet photo on his Twitter page.
MCB

Not an ex-bee but...

Lee Trundle has confirmed that Barnet never made a move for him. So basically 15 years of transfer rumours on a variety of messageboards were rubbish!
djhdjh

It was always him and that Darren Currie bloke who we were linked with. Anyone know what happened to the latter?
John_c

MCB wrote:Not an ex-bee but...

Lee Trundle has confirmed that Barnet never made a move for him. So basically 15 years of transfer rumours on a variety of messageboards were rubbish!
You had to ask Lee Trundle that?!
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
MCB

John_c wrote:

There used to be a crap Barnet forum where made up rumours were allowed to propagate.

I was constantly under the belief that we would get to see Trundle and Currie on the same pitch.
John_c

MCB wrote:
John_c wrote:

There used to be a crap Barnet forum where made up rumours were allowed to propagate.

I was constantly under the belief that we would get to see Trundle and Currie on the same pitch.
Fool

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player