Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
king45bee

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Assume Callum Reynolds ok as he's on football focus tomorrow getting his hair good news I assume

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Psycho

letchbee94 wrote:Best for me was Colchester in 2007, brilliant atmosphere at Underhill that night.
Cannot find hightlights from that game, if anyone can them and share on here I would really appreciate it :)
I remember that night for all the wrong reasons - I had a bad pint of real ale that was at the end of the barrel before the game and got the sh*ts on the way home. The gravy was running down my legs. I was praying no one would smell it as I made my way home back to Sussex. :shock:

Apologies if anybody's eating while reading that.
becbee

Psycho wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:Best for me was Colchester in 2007, brilliant atmosphere at Underhill that night.
Cannot find hightlights from that game, if anyone can them and share on here I would really appreciate it :)
I remember that night for all the wrong reasons - I had a bad pint of real ale that was at the end of the barrel before the game and got the sh*ts on the way home. The gravy was running down my legs. I was praying no one would smell it as I made my way home back to Sussex. :shock:

I wasn't eating but still, too much information!
BeesKnees99

hoppy wrote:
StephenM wrote:
hoppy wrote:
king45bee wrote:Lawro on BBC predicting a 2 0 win for Sheffield not giving us much of a chance would love to prove him wrong

What does he know? Worst player ever to play for the Bees.
Obviously wanting Barnet to go through, but in reality a 2-0 loss wouldn't be too bad a result.
I'm expecting a drubbing but it would be nice to score 1 as we did at Old Trafford.
There is no reason we can’t sneak a draw or win. It’s 11 humans vs 11 humans. Any quirk of fate could happen.

Let’s not go in there with the expectation of a thrashing. There’s no fun in that.
king45bee

Fully agree with that looking at their forum a lot of mixed views so we could be in for one hell of a ride. 1 fan has predicted a Barnet win and 1 blade describes Barnet as an interesting and charismatic club so like them already - will defo support the blades now rather than the other lot in Sheffield.

john dockers shorts

Well I've got my balloons... Hope you all have!!! :D
Masuka

Psycho wrote:

Bisto?
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
BrizzleBee

john dockers shorts wrote:Well I've got my balloons... Hope you all have!!! :D
Balloons AND wigs?
It’s gonna get messy...
BPAHORNET

Good luck to the Bees today!

Watched my very first Underhill game back in 1970 in the F.A. Cup as the Bees took Newport County apart 6-1. What a game! Miss Underhill a lot but enjoyed my visit to The Hive last August for the win against Dagenham & R.

COME ON BARNET!!

Ken
Torontto, Canada
Mikel Bee

Psycho wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Edd1

I don't know about anyone else but I am properly looking forward to Sunday.

This season, so far, has been pretty shit in the league. Good one week, shite the next, mid table mediocrity. And even if we were winning everything in site, away games at Dagenham and fucking Ebbsfleet. What absolute hell holes.

The cup though has been a bright spot and now we get to play a proper team, at a proper stadium, in a proper city, not in some rat infested dump named after a railway station.

In my head I expect us to lose, I've gone with a hard nosed 2-0 defeat in the prediction league. This though is the FA Cup. stranger things have happened than Barnet getting something. All it needs is a favourable offside decision, an early red card, Blades having an off day and you never know what might happen.

And let's not have any of this giving a good account of ourselves, or enjoying the day crap from the team. I want to see Barnet getting at them from the start, closing them down and making sure any reserve or youth players that Blades put out know full well that they are in a first team fixture.
hoppy

I think your 2 0 defeat, Edd1, is a tad optimistic.
It is probably based on the unsubstantiated rumour that the Blades will be fielding their u 11 girls team.
I have it on good authority that it will be the u13 girls team, so I am sticking with my 5 0 home win prediction.
king45bee

Good article in the sun re Darren currie this morning can't find an online link yet though. Chris wilder apparently hasn't lost any of previous 5 fa cup matches against lower sides so about time he did?
I think odds of 11 to 1 for Barnet to win are worth a bet? 1 0 to Barnet is 28 to 1. Given how many goals we concede us to win 2 1 at 33 to 1?

Norfolk & Chance

Unfortunately the blades are scoring for fun at the moment. We really need them to think they've already won the game.
IF we get an early goal we might take them back to thl but it's really doubtful in all honesty.
12/1 on us to win is pretty stingey.
I'll be expecting a bit of a tonking and anything else will be a huge bonus.
king45bee

We are confirmed as playing in blue real shame.
Am positive for this game as long as the players leave it all out there which am sure they will we have a chance. Looks like their crowd will be poor lets be proverbial 12th person