Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby #Beebot » 05 Dec 2018, 22:50

Nelson was showing signs of being well past his best last season. He only played so many games because of Clough's awfulness and later the injury to Santos.
#Beebot
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby becbee » 05 Dec 2018, 23:10

#Beebot wrote:Nelson was showing signs of being well past his best last season. He only played so many games because of Clough's awfulness and later the injury to Santos.


Yet Charlie Clough has been a virtual ever present for Sutton this season, and they are on the edge of the play offs - which suggests that is doing well for them.

Michael Nelson is 38 years 6 months old so hardly a surprise if he is now past it. Probably a poor signing for Chesterfield in the first place.
becbee
 
Posts: 7742
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby dawat » 06 Dec 2018, 11:54

becbee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:Nelson was showing signs of being well past his best last season. He only played so many games because of Clough's awfulness and later the injury to Santos.


Yet Charlie Clough has been a virtual ever present for Sutton this season, and they are on the edge of the play offs - which suggests that is doing well for them.

Michael Nelson is 38 years 6 months old so hardly a surprise if he is now past it. Probably a poor signing for Chesterfield in the first place.


Just a contentious point fellow moaners, but if Clough was great for his club before he joined us and is obviously doing the business after he left us, what was the problem with him at Barnet? Just a thought?
dawat
 
Posts: 2538
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 17:06

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby jerroll » 06 Dec 2018, 11:58

dawat wrote:
becbee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:Nelson was showing signs of being well past his best last season. He only played so many games because of Clough's awfulness and later the injury to Santos.


Yet Charlie Clough has been a virtual ever present for Sutton this season, and they are on the edge of the play offs - which suggests that is doing well for them.

Michael Nelson is 38 years 6 months old so hardly a surprise if he is now past it. Probably a poor signing for Chesterfield in the first place.


Just a contentious point fellow moaners, but if Clough was great for his club before he joined us and is obviously doing the business after he left us, what was the problem with him at Barnet? Just a thought?

Both were in the National league, maybe he just wasn't up to league football?
jerroll
 
Posts: 9520
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby Jon83 » 06 Dec 2018, 16:45

Like Coulson has signed for Bromley today from Ebbsfleet.
Jon83
 
Posts: 2079
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:35

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby jerroll » 18 Dec 2018, 19:39

Scott McGleish player coach at Hendon
jerroll
 
Posts: 9520
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby MCB » 22 Dec 2018, 21:16

Charlie Clough has left Sutton with immediate effect to join, erm, Brunei or some club in Brunei, I'm not really sure and assume they have a team that plays in the Malaysian league which was where I first saw Tony Cottee play live.

Brunei is without the dullest place I've ever been to. Utterly tepid.
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3403
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby LoudmouthBFC » 22 Dec 2018, 21:36

MCB wrote:Charlie Clough has left Sutton with immediate effect to join, erm, Brunei or some club in Brunei, I'm not really sure and assume they have a team that plays in the Malaysian league which was where I first saw Tony Cottee play live.

Brunei is without the dullest place I've ever been to. Utterly tepid.



Sounds perfect for him then.
LoudmouthBFC
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: 19 Mar 2016, 18:39

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby BeeSwede » 23 Dec 2018, 09:00

The manager at Brunei DPPM is Adrian Pennock who also was the manager at Forest Green when Clough were at the club.
BeeSwede
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 07 Aug 2018, 14:20

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby MCB » 27 Dec 2018, 16:48

Joe Payne returns from Wealdstone after suffering an injury that will keep him out for months.

Rumours they also sent Shomuton home 1 game early for 'disciplinary reasons' aka turning up slightly late for a matchday squad as his train was delayed. He impressed fans initially, but comments he went missing slightly in his later games. Maybe one for the nicer pitches..
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3403
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby Jon83 » 27 Dec 2018, 17:09

Martin Allen/Whitbread/Muggleton senior depart Chesterfield.

Muggleton junior will be following shortly (you’d imagine!)
Jon83
 
Posts: 2079
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:35

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby becbee » 27 Dec 2018, 19:10

MCB wrote:Joe Payne returns from Wealdstone after suffering an injury that will keep him out for months.

Rumours they also sent Shomuton home 1 game early for 'disciplinary reasons' aka turning up slightly late for a matchday squad as his train was delayed. He impressed fans initially, but comments he went missing slightly in his later games. Maybe one for the nicer pitches..


I cannot imagine anybody is discipined for arriving slightly late after unavoidable transport delays. Half a story there methinks.
becbee
 
Posts: 7742
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby hoofer2 » 28 Dec 2018, 10:57

Kamdjo vs Yakubu and Parkes in the boxing day derby between St Albans and Hemel. A tidy 1400+ crowd too
hoofer2
 
Posts: 3479
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby king45bee » 28 Dec 2018, 22:25

Ruben Bover news:

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles ... ng-4262074

Barcelona raiding Barnet an odd headline!



Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
king45bee
 
Posts: 279
Joined: 01 Aug 2016, 17:34

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby #Beebot » 28 Dec 2018, 23:46

king45bee wrote:Ruben Bover news:

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles ... ng-4262074

Barcelona raiding Barnet an odd headline!



Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


He signed for them a few weeks ago and scored on his debut. They seem to be behind the curve on that one.
#Beebot
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beew, cheshbee, Darrenp77, Google [Bot], Patel89 and 140 guests