Martin Allen new Chesterfield manager

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees

Re: Martin Allen new Chesterfield manager

I have zero sympathy for him. If you chase the money and fail then you pay the price.

I do not want him back charming the fans whilst delivering dross on the pitch.
tringthing

What goes round springs to mind. No sympathy at all for the dollar chaser.
Norfolk & Chance

I'm not sure he wants any sympathy either.
He lost his job and is now counting his cash whilst planning his next severance package.
We should be in awe of his retirement planning prowess.
jerroll

Bizarre goings on, John Sheridan has quit as Carlisle manager & is set to rejoin Chesterfield on Monday!
LeicesterBee

jerroll wrote:Bizarre goings on, John Sheridan has quit as Carlisle manager & is set to rejoin Chesterfield on Monday!
That’s Carlisle in a Lge 2 play-off place and Chesterfield staring at National League North!! :?:
hoppy

LeicesterBee wrote:
jerroll wrote:Bizarre goings on, John Sheridan has quit as Carlisle manager & is set to rejoin Chesterfield on Monday!
That’s Carlisle in a Lge 2 play-off place and Chesterfield staring at National League North!! :?:
Shades of when MA left us for Eastleigh.
Probably the same reason ££££.
rudebwoyben

hoppy wrote:
LeicesterBee wrote:
Shades of when MA left us for Eastleigh.
Probably the same reason ££££.
Also Sheridan lives locally to Chesterfield and didn’t fancy the long drive to Carlisle any more.
GenkiDev

I know we all like to joke and jibe at MA for always chasing the money - insinuating that he must be absolutely loaded due to the various payoffs and sackings etc. But in reality, dont you think we over do it a tad?

I mean, he moves around lower league clubs where the pay isnt actually that massive. Its not like he gets millions and sits at home scheaming up his next big job with the sole intent of making cheap money.

In reality, he probably earns agood wage, but who wouldnt want a bit more? He clearly has enjoyed his previous successess and wants more medals and recognition in the game. He chases the results.

He see a bigger club with bigger owners, owners that promise bugger budgets and ambitions AND he gets better wages.

Give the guy a break. :y:
Sam_BFC

Interesting reports that Chesterfield will make Sheridan highest paid manager in the fourth and fifth tiers.
Psycho

GenkiDev wrote:I know we all like to joke and jibe at MA for always chasing the money - insinuating that he must be absolutely loaded due to the various payoffs and sackings etc. But in reality, dont you think we over do it a tad?

I mean, he moves around lower league clubs where the pay isnt actually that massive. Its not like he gets millions and sits at home scheaming up his next big job with the sole intent of making cheap money.

In reality, he probably earns agood wage, but who wouldnt want a bit more? He clearly has enjoyed his previous successess and wants more medals and recognition in the game. He chases the results.

He see a bigger club with bigger owners, owners that promise bugger budgets and ambitions AND he gets better wages.

Blimey. No wonder he takes time out between jobs. Each to their own and all that.
antbfc

Psycho wrote:
GenkiDev wrote:I know we all like to joke and jibe at MA for always chasing the money - insinuating that he must be absolutely loaded due to the various payoffs and sackings etc. But in reality, dont you think we over do it a tad?

Blimey. No wonder he takes time out between jobs. Each to their own and all that.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:hi:
antbfc

Nope - no sympathy. By being disloyal he takes a calculated risk each time he jumps ship for more £. This is what happens, it's peaks and troughs.
Norfolk & Chance

Psycho wrote:

One of your best sir.
I'm in bed with flu and I nearly pegged it laughing and coughing at that one.
GenkiDev

Haha! Such an inocent typo too :oooops:
letchbee94

Chesterfield currently 2-0 down at home to Ebbsfleet, that club has issues that was not just down to Martin Allen.