South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: South Stand

Postby hoppy » 20 Dec 2018, 22:24

Dover fans unhappy at apparently being charged £20 to watch the game on Saturday. Bees fans are being charged £10, £5 concessions and £1 kids.
Can this be right?
Have Barnet cocked up yet again?
hoppy
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 09:43

Re: South Stand

Postby jerroll » 20 Dec 2018, 23:27

hoppy wrote:Dover fans unhappy at apparently being charged £20 to watch the game on Saturday. Bees fans are being charged £10, £5 concessions and £1 kids.
Can this be right?
Have Barnet cocked up yet again?

have your forgotten it is still £22 to sit in the West and east stands?
Barnet Football Club are happy to announce an update to our Matchday Ticket Prices for the remainder of the 2018/19 season.

A recent rule change by the National League allows us to introduce fair pricing for all fans which has resulted in significant savings to Bees Terrace regulars.

We have also reduced prices in Bumble's Family Zone making it more affordable for families ahead of the costly festive season.

League Tickets for the Bees Terrace will now be:
Just £10 for Adults!
Just £5 for Concessions!
Just £1 for Under 17's!
jerroll
 
Posts: 9307
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: South Stand

Postby hoppy » 20 Dec 2018, 23:39

jerroll wrote:
hoppy wrote:Dover fans unhappy at apparently being charged £20 to watch the game on Saturday. Bees fans are being charged £10, £5 concessions and £1 kids.
Can this be right?
Have Barnet cocked up yet again?

have your forgotten it is still £22 to sit in the West and east stands?
Barnet Football Club are happy to announce an update to our Matchday Ticket Prices for the remainder of the 2018/19 season.

A recent rule change by the National League allows us to introduce fair pricing for all fans which has resulted in significant savings to Bees Terrace regulars.

We have also reduced prices in Bumble's Family Zone making it more affordable for families ahead of the costly festive season.

League Tickets for the Bees Terrace will now be:
Just £10 for Adults!
Just £5 for Concessions!
Just £1 for Under 17's!


I've re-read the announcement and you are correct (as is usual) Jerroll.
I had assumed that the price change covered the whole ground as it did for the recent cup games.
Shame for the Dover fans. They will have a big travel expense and then £20 admission price, all at a very expensive time of year.
hoppy
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 09:43

Re: South Stand

Postby barnetpete » 21 Dec 2018, 06:35

Adult price at Dover is £17 so only £3 more expensive for a guaranteed seat, better bar and in london. Don’t see any problem in our price for away fans (which is cheaper than the west).
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Foundation with every purchase.
barnetpete
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 13:37

Re: South Stand

Postby jerroll » 21 Dec 2018, 08:04

hoppy wrote:
jerroll wrote:
hoppy wrote:Dover fans unhappy at apparently being charged £20 to watch the game on Saturday. Bees fans are being charged £10, £5 concessions and £1 kids.
Can this be right?
Have Barnet cocked up yet again?

have your forgotten it is still £22 to sit in the West and east stands?
Barnet Football Club are happy to announce an update to our Matchday Ticket Prices for the remainder of the 2018/19 season.

A recent rule change by the National League allows us to introduce fair pricing for all fans which has resulted in significant savings to Bees Terrace regulars.

We have also reduced prices in Bumble's Family Zone making it more affordable for families ahead of the costly festive season.

League Tickets for the Bees Terrace will now be:
Just £10 for Adults!
Just £5 for Concessions!
Just £1 for Under 17's!


I've re-read the announcement and you are correct (as is usual) Jerroll.
I had assumed that the price change covered the whole ground as it did for the recent cup games.
Shame for the Dover fans. They will have a big travel expense and then £20 admission price, all at a very expensive time of year.

t's Dovers only away game between 2nd december and new years day so hardly an expensive period footballwise where as we would have had 3 in that time period! THL has by far the best facilities for away fans therefore people have to pay a premium.
jerroll
 
Posts: 9307
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: South Stand

Postby becbee » 21 Dec 2018, 08:48

I'm sure that the cost of Dover to The Hive, whether in terms of petrol or by train, is considerably less than the cost of their away matches at almost half the NL clubs to the north of us and similar to their cost of visiting the several clubs close to us.
becbee
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: South Stand

Postby hoppy » 10 Jan 2019, 11:50

Things have gone very quiet on the re-development of the South terrace.
Is this still happening?
Any updates gratefully received.
hoppy
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 09:43

Re: South Stand

Postby talldarkslim » 10 Jan 2019, 12:48

The last I heard it was being built at the end of this season. There was also talk of a hotel somewhere on the complex to benefit from Wembley games.
talldarkslim
 
Posts: 745
Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 13:59

Re: South Stand

Postby hoppy » 10 Jan 2019, 12:59

talldarkslim wrote:The last I heard it was being built at the end of this season. There was also talk of a hotel somewhere on the complex to benefit from Wembley games.

Has the planning approval gone through for this?
I would have thought the local residents wouldn't be too happy.
hoppy
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 09:43

Re: South Stand

Postby ninestein » 10 Jan 2019, 13:04

Don't think the hotel featured in the approved plans, but the rest of it can happen within 3 years of approval, or TK would have to re-apply.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
ninestein
 
Posts: 5304
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: South Stand

Postby hoppy » 01 Mar 2019, 12:14

Barrow fans very unhappy about the price differential. They gave a "Barnet Rip Off" thread (sorry, no idea how to share this thread).
I appreciate that they may not know that the NL rules have been changed but I do have sympathy with them. As it is they are urging their fellow fans to not spend any money in The Hive.
hoppy
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 09:43

Re: South Stand

Postby Hiveoccupier » 01 Mar 2019, 12:15

They can both come and stand in the South with us for £10, as long as they don't wake us up we won't notice them.
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: South Stand

Postby MCB » 01 Mar 2019, 12:48

It's difficult to make them understand they are not getting like for like.

If they are trying to compare then they should realise we pay more for equivilent facilities compared to what they are getting. If the terrace had decent views or a bar i'd have sympathy.
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: South Stand

Postby Hiveoccupier » 01 Mar 2019, 13:49

MCB wrote:It's difficult to make them understand they are not getting like for like.

If they are trying to compare then they should realise we pay more for equivilent facilities compared to what they are getting. If the terrace had decent views or a bar i'd have sympathy.


The view is fine unless you stand right behind the goal. Bars aren't an essential for everyone or even most. £10 v £22 is quite a big differential.
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: South Stand

Postby MCB » 01 Mar 2019, 14:05

Hiveoccupier wrote:The view is fine unless you stand right behind the goal. Bars aren't an essential for everyone or even most. £10 v £22 is quite a big differential.


£10 is amongst the cheapest in the league, if not the cheapest. But has lowering the prices made any difference to people going? I do pop into the South sometimes, i've no loyalty to any particular stand! But beer is fairly important to me when it comes to Barnet!
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests