2001/02 season staff

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
boots

2001/02 season staff

For obscure reasons relating to the perfectly normal well adjusted and not at all nerdy group of people who do Championship Manager updates and alternative databases, can anyone who is a bit of a statto quickly supply a list of reserves and youths (with positions if possible) who were at the club at the start of the 01/02 season? And if at all possible, anyone released at the end of the previous season would be excellent too.

And 2: can anyone confirm the dates of transfers for that season, and confirm that Darren Currie, Sam Stockley, Warren Goodhind and Tony Richards were all at the club in June 2001?

Thankyou kindly :) All for perfectly healthy reasons and not remotely dull I'm sure you'd agree.
barnetpete

Re: 2001/02 season staff

Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
jerroll

Try the Rothmans football year book for 2002/03 it will list all trainees @ the club that season. Goodhind definitely stayed and player a few games in 01/02 the other 3 departed between May & beginning of preseason.
Reckless

Warren left for Cambridge in late September 2001 for around £80k.
boots

Thanks, I do have the squad stats but it's the non-playing youth team members I'm after (Ade Olayinka, Fitz Hall, Brett Freeman et. al) and annoyingly do not have a rothmans for that year or any programmes to hand. It is for a reboot of the original 01/02 edition of the game which is the purists favourite season, with as many correct details and future stars aged 10-15 as possible.

As for the transfer dates I am fairly sure from checking Transfermarket that they all left in July , which means they should be listed as Bees for the game start, which is handy as it means you don't need to sign them back to do the job and punish them for getting relegated in the first place.
DerekRocholl

boots wrote:Thanks, I do have the squad stats but it's the non-playing youth team members I'm after (Ade Olayinka, Fitz Hall, Brett Freeman et. al) and annoyingly do not have a rothmans for that year or any programmes to hand. It is for a reboot of the original 01/02 edition of the game which is the purists favourite season, with as many correct details and future stars aged 10-15 as possible.

As for the transfer dates I am fairly sure from checking Transfermarket that they all left in July , which means they should be listed as Bees for the game start, which is handy as it means you don't need to sign them back to do the job and punish them for getting relegated in the first place.
If it isn’t in John Snow’s excellent set of BFCSA records and John Errol doesn’t know the answer you are probably safe to make it up.
Psycho

Bertrand Bossu was third-choice goalkeeper. Bumped into him in the clubhouse at Hayes and he didn't speak much English. Either that or he was pissed.

Amara Simba, Lee Pluck, Leon Bell, Peter McCann and Ross Darcy were names from around that time. I've just found a programme from THAT Torquay match in 2001. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Interesting what Maximuscle were advertising in the programme. Must have been a baby boom during those years we were sponsored by them. Boosting the old testosterone levels.

Edit: more names found from a Nuneaton away programme in 2002 - Bai Mass, Ade Olayinka, Ben Wiper, Chris Cashman, Michael Price.
boots

thanx for that, I knew there was a McCann somewhere. The rest are all there. I believe there was a John Butterfield and was Danny Chapman around at that time or had he already gone? It's not of vital importance obviously, just for the warm glow one can only get from being a completist :)
DerekRocholl

Psycho wrote:Bertrand Bossu was third-choice goalkeeper. Bumped into him in the clubhouse at Hayes and he didn't speak much English. Either that or he was pissed.

Amara Simba, Lee Pluck, Leon Bell, Peter McCann and Ross Darcy were names from around that time. I've just found a programme from THAT Torquay match in 2001. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Interesting what Maximuscle were advertising in the programme. Must have been a baby boom during those years we were sponsored by them. Boosting the old testosterone levels.

Edit: more names found from a Nuneaton away programme in 2002 - Bai Mass, Ade Olayinka, Ben Wiper, Chris Cashman, Michael Price.
If you follow the link on Barnetpete’s post and then check the players stats table you will see who played in first team games, how many times they played and how many goals they scored. It isn’t necessary to try to recall those facts. There are other details around non first team activity that is less well documented or not documented at all.
ninestein

Amara Simba was only with us on a non-contract basis. He was signed on deadline day but never kicked a ball in anger for us. I very much doubt he was still at the club by June 2001.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

ninestein wrote:Amara Simba was only with us on a non-contract basis. He was signed on deadline day but never kicked a ball in anger for us. I very much doubt he was still at the club by June 2001.
correct, the poster asked who had left at the end of the previous season so i posted someone who had!!
jerroll

Psycho wrote:Bertrand Bossu was third-choice goalkeeper. Bumped into him in the clubhouse at Hayes and he didn't speak much English. Either that or he was pissed.

Michael Price was a loan signing from Hull City. Ross Darcy was signed from Tottenham during 99/00. Peter Mccann a scottish left back in the youth set up. Bai mass was a cental midfielder and olayinka and cashman both left backs.Wiper was wrongly credited with Craig Pope's goal a Farnborough in 03!
Psycho

I remember seeing Michael Price (who WAS on loan. I had a feeling he was) sitting at Hereford station, on the long journey back to where he lived near Hull. We'd just been beaten 4-0 at Edgar Street and torn apart by a Steve Guinan hat-trick. Funny how my Barnet mojo was at it's highest then by going to so many matches but we had some really awful players that are maybe best forgotten!

Then Martin Allen finally had the clear out once Peter Shreeves had gone. Fun times lay ahead........ :D

Hope you gather more info, boots. I'll try and dig out a programme from that exact era after work when I have a spare half hour.