Salford Aggro

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
northantsbee

Salford Aggro

What action, if any, will the Bananarama league take against Salford with crowd trouble reported at two of their home games so far this season with an official complaint by Braintree?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45878754

Braintree Chairman Lee Harding was called to the scene after a few minutes and saw three stewards keeping the groups of supporters apart: "I asked to speak to the Safety Officer or a senior steward and was met with an abusive response. I replied that I was the visiting Club chairman and concerned about the well-being of our supporters.
"I then spent a few minutes explaining their responsibilities as stewards, especially reminding them of the need to keep segregated groups of supporters apart, even after a game had finished. One man shook his head at me and walked away. However one steward did then apologise for the problems and advised that they had only just started stewarding games there and were still learning.
"After ensuring that Braintree supporters were safely back on their coach I then met with the Salford City chairman. I explained to her what I had seen and what I had been told had happened. I advised that I would be contacting both the League and The FA on Monday and would copy my comments to her.
"In my experience, Braintree supporters rarely seek confrontation and will have been a little subdued after conceding a late equaliser. The stewarding arrangements for a crowd approaching 3,000 did appear to be lacking and those that were 'in position' did appear to be inexperienced. Those stewards or staff that I spoke with were either confrontational or struggling to meet their basic responsibilities.
That this sort of incident should happen on Non-League day, a celebration of the game at our level, is also a matter of regret."
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
becbee

Re: Salford Aggro

Comment on Salford forum re the BBC article:
"They've referenced the Hartlepool incident as well while declining to mention that it was caused by their fans."
pgbee

For Salfords information, stewarding is there for the safety of both sets of fans regardless of who started it. They would have had some big crowds last year with FC United for example, so the 'we're not used to big crowds ' excuse doesn't wash..
X-Bumble

If I remember rightly, Whitby Town FC used to be in the same division. There was always trouble here when Salford played. They ended up having to pay to fix the damage to Whitby's Turnbull Ground.
rudebwoyben

X-Bumble wrote:If I remember rightly, Whitby Town FC used to be in the same division. There was always trouble here when Salford played. They ended up having to pay to fix the damage to Whitby's Turnbull Ground.
They only had 50 supporters back then!
They actually brought a large crowd. Smashed up some of the ground and then caused trouble in the town.
hoofer2

Perhaps they need to rename to Salford Scallies
jerroll

will be swept under the carpet so Gnev doesn't slag them off no doubt!
pgbee

Braintree fans should consider themselves lucky they weren't shot or stabbed or sucked into Media City never to emerge again..
Letsbeehavinyou

How many of their top boys go to away games I wonder.....unlikely to see any trouble next Tuesday. Out of interest where do salfords fan base come from? City/United season ticket holders? Disillusioned premier league mancs?? Or from the salford area?? Just wondering.
BGr

People go and watch Salford when Manchester United are away or they can’t get a ticket. That’s why Neville rebranded the club’s badge and kit, from amber to red white and black.
Psycho

Let's hope we beat this lot on Tuesday night - it would be a real statement of intent that we can go up if we do.

Expect a few broken seats, snapped off wing mirrors on cars and fights if we dare beat them - after all they've got a divine right to win the league at a canter. Manckers. :whistle:
X-Bumble

I'd just like to set the record straight in fairness.

I re-looked up the crowd issues and the club was in fact FC United, Not Salford.

So I apologise to Salford, but you can see why my memory got them confused. FC United also caused trouble and violence at Scarborough Atheletic's place too.
becbee

So, there is trouble at Salford v Braintree so we also throw in their match at Hartlepool, where Pools fana caused the problem and a match years ago in which they didn't even feature. No wonder the Salford fans aren't happy wiith us.
SalfordSlim

Greetings Bees fans from a friendly (non-Hooligan) Salford fan. Just wanted to dispel a few myths about our club and probably easier if I copy and paste my post from the Shrewsbury board a few days back...

"Greetings Shrews fans from a plastic Salfordian!

Just wanted to say hi and that we're looking forward to visiting the Montgomery Waters Meadow in a couple of week's time. Hopefully it should be a cracking game and despite claims by some of your fans, there is no way we're favourites for this one!!

I won't respond directly to some of the negative comments about our club on here as it's pointless and I guess we're there to be a shot at due to the media coverage we tend to get. All I'd like to say is that I think we get a rough ride with some fans purely based on our owners and our perceived limitless budget. A few points if I may though and hopefully I may be able to change a few perceptions...

1) The Class of 92 (Neville et al) bought the club (with the backing of a billionaire businessman) as they wanted to put something back into local football and they saw the club as an ideal investment. All of them are born within a 5 mile or so radius of the ground and, being based less than a mile up the road from The Cliff (Utd's old training ground) Salford City just fits their ambitions.

2) Our fans are a mish mash and those I speak to are passionate about the club. You've got everything from non-leqgue football lovers, to band-wagoners, Utd/City fans disillusioned with Premier League football and the money involved and loads of kids who want to watch money at a reasonable cost. I reckon I've also spotted at least 15-20 ex-players (going back 20+ years) round the ground the past few seasons who stand on the terraces supporting the team. I'll guarantee that, man for man, we'll make more of a racket at your place than 99% of away fans you'll meet this season! Yes we had 50 fans 20 years ago but what team starts at the bottom with a huge fan base?!?!

3) We're building great links with the local community and schools/colleges etc. The Co92 want the club to be big in the local community and pretty much all of the employees and volunteers at the club are locals. Most of the volunteers have long allegiances with the club and, if you saw the documentaries, it was one of the things that the owners wanted to keep when they took over and they've kept their word.

4) We've created an Academy and a youth set-up which aims to tap into the local talent and give kids the chance to play for their local team. We've already seen a number of 17/18 year old's make their 1st team debuts this season/last season and the ethos of the club is very much that they'll promote from within where possible. It's a long term aim that the club is self-sustainable as much as possible and a professional academy gives us the best chance of doing that.

And finally, I'd like to pass the non-plastic acceptance test....

Does being born half a mile down the road, doing my paper round around the streets near the ground and playing for the club back in the 90's allow me special dispensation not to be pigeon-holed as a plastic fan? :spite:

Oh and before I forget it... we're not Mancs! Salford is a city on it's own right and was actuator a city before Manchester so we're kinda protective over our identities.

Not sure if we'll be allowed in your fans bar on match day but hopefully will bump into a few of you guys in a local pub and have a nice friendly chat and you'll realise we're not all a bunch of t**ts! :D

All the best.

Slim"

Oh and as for us being a bunch of Northern thugs I think your last poster has highlighted just how easy it is for clubs to get an unwarranted reputation for trouble by keyboard warriors/gobshites/numpties (delete as appropriate) spouting off without knowing any facts. :D
FC have a number of, shall we say, more "militant" fans that have been known to cause a bit of grief at games as do Halifax, Wrexham, Hartlepool, Darlington etc. The Braintree "incident" (as far as I have been told) was caused by a small number of local scrotes who hadn't even been to the game. However, like everything else at our club, both positive and negative, the media will blow it all out of proportion. Does it piss us fans off? Yeah I guess it does, but it comes with the territory and most of us just try and laugh it off. We know what we are as a club but as fans we're generally a decent bunch and we mix well with fans both home and away.

Wish I could be there tonight as it was the first fixture I looked for when they came out at the start of the season but work commitments won't allow it. I have close family in Barnet and my Uncle has always followed them down the years (I won't say who his first team are though for fear or perpetuating the myth about a certain northern team having no fans north of the Watford Gap :doh: ) so gutted it's not a weekend game. If you bump into the 40-50 hardy souls that do make the trip I'm sure they'll be jolly nice chaps so don't be scared to stop and say "hello".

PS. Yes I'm a Utd/Salford fan but don't tell me you don't have a large number of hybrid Barnet/Gooner fans.... :P

PPS. Good luck for tonight and may the best team (hopefully us!) win!
SalfordSlim

X-Bumble wrote:I'd just like to set the record straight in fairness.

I re-looked up the crowd issues and the club was in fact FC United, Not Salford.

So I apologise to Salford, but you can see why my memory got them confused. FC United also caused trouble and violence at Scarborough Atheletic's place too.
On behalf of all Salford supporters I accept your humble apology. We understand you Boreham Wood fans get a little confused at times.... :whistle: :laugh: