Lincoln city

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
natwilk

Lincoln city

I'm in Lincoln this weekend and went to the Lincoln-Cambridge game. Lincoln look a very good side indeed, even after a stupid ref got out his red card. It was a real treat to be in a full stadium with a noisy crowd chanting and singing and urging their team on. Reminded me what football support should be like. John akinde looked a shadow of his former self, he just didn't terrorise the defence at all and the Lincoln fans can't understand how he scored so many goals for us.
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
#Beebot

Re: Lincoln city

His ankle is fucked and, from what I heard, the club did not expect it to ever fully heal. Hence why he looked to have lost a yard of pace last season and why we did well to cash in on him.
JWTBee

#Beebot wrote:His ankle is fucked and, from what I heard, the club did not expect it to ever fully heal. Hence why he looked to have lost a yard of pace last season and why we did well to cash in on him.
A real shame if true.JA deserves our respect for what he did for us & I for one really hope that he fully recovers & does well at Lincoln.We don't want to be like Chelsea fans do we!?
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
#Beebot

JWTBee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:His ankle is fucked and, from what I heard, the club did not expect it to ever fully heal. Hence why he looked to have lost a yard of pace last season and why we did well to cash in on him.
A real shame if true.JA deserves our respect for what he did for us & I for one really hope that he fully recovers & does well at Lincoln.We don't want to be like Chelsea fans do we!?
I wish him all the best, but from what I heard he is very unlikely to be the same player again as he was in his prime here.
letchbee94

Can't stand Lincoln and their fans but would be happy to see JA do well.
mcleod23

Thought it was his knee?
tomrose72

I was watching their highlights earlier on this season and he seemed to be back to his best.

This was less than two months ago.
https://www.skysports.com/football/exet ... oln/393710

Not sure what's happened since. I don't like Lincoln but not as much as I love big John. Really hope he starts banging them in again.
MCB

hoofer2

John Akinde was immense for the Bees and was the rock that we relied on for promotion, and his contribution to the team cannot be understated.

He would have been even better if he scored more of the "sitters" that were missed on a frequent basis. But that is why he is earning his salary at
a League 2 side and not higher. If he converted more chances that came his way he'd be playing at an even higher level.
Norfolkbee

Can't understand some people's disliking for Lincoln unless it is envy. Like Barnet, they are a club that has had its share of ups and downs over the years, but now they appear to be on a very even keel with a decent manager, who likes to play reasonable football. Admission prices seem fairly reasonable for the level they play at and they seem to engage closely with their local community. I can't comment on the quality and cost of food and beverages, as I haven't been this season.
Their crowds seem to be decent and growing, helped, no doubt, by the fact that they do seem to take the various cup competitions seriously (Barnet please note).
All in all they appear to be the perfect role model for any National League or League 2 club to aspire to emulating. It is marvellous what can happen if the will to succeed is there and the management get the bit between the teeth to make it happen.
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:Can't understand some people's disliking for Lincoln unless it is envy. Like Barnet, they are a club that has had its share of ups and downs over the years, but now they appear to be on a very even keel with a decent manager, who likes to play reasonable football. Admission prices seem fairly reasonable for the level they play at and they seem to engage closely with their local community. I can't comment on the quality and cost of food and beverages, as I haven't been this season.
Their crowds seem to be decent and growing, helped, no doubt, by the fact that they do seem to take the various cup competitions seriously (Barnet please note).
All in all they appear to be the perfect role model for any National League or League 2 club to aspire to emulating. It is marvellous what can happen if the will to succeed is there and the management get the bit between the teeth to make it happen.
Have you forgotten their despicable antics of 87/88?
HertsBee

Well said.
MCB

jerroll wrote: Have you forgotten their despicable antics of 87/88?
*counts years since 1987*

It's OK, I still dislike Walsall for 1992/93
LeicesterBee

MCB wrote:
jerroll wrote: Have you forgotten their despicable antics of 87/88?
*counts years since 1987*

It's OK, I still dislike Walsall for 1992/93
Walsall weren’t a bunch of racist, cheating thugs
natwilk

I don't know what happened in 1988 but whenever I've been there I have been welcomed very warmly. It certainly helps them that the entire city is behind their team and are really proud of them. As a result they get around 10,000 crowds and there are flags and club colours everywhere in the city.
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...