Shuttle Bus at Risk..

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
alexbach

Re: Shuttle Bus at Risk..

:hi:
Last edited by alexbach on 20 Oct 2018, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
alexbach

That area already has a service though,albeit slightly slow looping a round mill hill
Last edited by alexbach on 20 Oct 2018, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
let_it_bee

ETBee wrote:We have to face a few facts: Barnet (town) is dead as a source of new fans; the demographic immediately around the Hive is not generally interested in football and nobody can surely expect TK to provide a subsidised coach if the numbers keep falling. A coach for one person eventually? Those who use the coach and/or have a view must use the link the club has provided so the club can make a proper decision.

Can an Uber taxi shared be that much more than the shuttle?

I've said it before but the club has to try to attract new fans from the massive development around Colindale where many new people, often young, are moving in and who might like idea of supporting a relatively local team. That's where a shuttle bus could be attractive.
Wouldn't disagree with any of that, except 'the demographic immediately around the Hive is not generally interested in football' - what makes you so sure about that? Has some sort of research been done? Not sure why they be any less interested in football than any other average suburban London area.
let_it_bee

ETBee wrote:We have to face a few facts: Barnet (town) is dead as a source of new fans; the demographic immediately around the Hive is not generally interested in football and nobody can surely expect TK to provide a subsidised coach if the numbers keep falling. A coach for one person eventually? Those who use the coach and/or have a view must use the link the club has provided so the club can make a proper decision.

I've said it before but the club has to try to attract new fans from the massive development around Colindale where many new people, often young, are moving in and who might like idea of supporting a relatively local team. That's where a shuttle bus could be attractive.
Wouldn't disagree with any of that, except 'the demographic immediately around the Hive is not generally interested in football' - what makes you so sure about that? Has some sort of research been done? Not sure why they be any less interested in football than any other average suburban London area.
hoofer2

Your assessment of demographic around the Hive couldn't be more wrong !! It's within catchment of football loving Asian and Jewish communities. But where is the attraction with prices high and average football?
Milkfloat

The bus has been poorly advertised and they have also chopped and changed the route, which has not helped. I'd be sorry to see it stop and probably would not go to games as often.

The outward bus is often virtually empty though but it can be quite full coming home, although this has not been the case for a fair while. I suspect the drop in people using it is a direct result of poor results and relegation but it could well pick up again if the club started doing better. I would hope that they can keep something going. I don't think three journeys per match is needed or such a large coach. May be one journey there and back and a mininbus instead would be an option. Should use ever pick up, the cub could always revert back to what we currently have.
becbee

hoofer2 wrote:

Your assessment of demographic around the Hive couldn't be more wrong !! It's within catchment of football loving Asian and Jewish communities. But where is the attraction with prices high and average football?
I've noticed quite a few Jewish supporters at our midweek fixtures - and when we had a Sunday fixture a couple of seasons ago - but they can't attend Saturday matches.
I've never noticed Asian fans at football grounds, certainly the Asians I worked with were interested in cricket, not football.
But if we can encourage fans of any ethnicity, then we should do so.
Norfolk & Chance

Just fans will do.
Black, white, brown, gay, straight, confused, past it, Jewish, Hindu, atheist, remoan, leaver........
Irrelevant!
Just bums on seats or feet on terraces.
hoofer2

becbee wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:

I've noticed quite a few Jewish supporters at our midweek fixtures - and when we had a Sunday fixture a couple of seasons ago - but they can't attend Saturday matches.
I've never noticed Asian fans at football grounds, certainly the Asians I worked with were interested in cricket, not football.
But if we can encourage fans of any ethnicity, then we should do so.
I lived in Stanmore for 3 years and many of my friends are Jewish and make exception to watch Spuds or Arse in person...
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

No one on bus one and one passenger on bus two.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
becbee

OB1 wrote:No one on bus one and one passenger on bus two.
Hardly surprising no one on bus one, why would anybody want to arrive at The Hive 3 hours 20 minutes before kick off?
pgbee

becbee wrote:
OB1 wrote:No one on bus one and one passenger on bus two.
Hardly surprising no one on bus one, why would anybody want to arrive at The Hive 3 hours 20 minutes before kick off?
To go in the gym , followed by a coffee in Starbucks, a chicken meal then a couple of pints then soak up the atmosphere as the crowd swells to 1000, at least that's the thinking or gatecrash the noon wedding....