South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
beew

Re: South Stand

Reckless wrote:
antbfc wrote:
barnetpete wrote:I arrived late 3 min into game, so rather than the bar I went to the tea hut so don’t know if it’s been sorted at the bar yet. In the end I went for tea, but at £2 should have brought my own flask!
#BovrilWatch
Never heard him moan so much and I've known him since he drank tea from a Sippy Mug.
Got to add to this, I was on coffee yesterday, and at 2pm the "Costas" outlet, on what I assume is the busiest day of their week could only offer straight black or white coffee and no speciality Coffee (I fancied a Hazelnut Latte). Is that normal?
I was told there was a civil partnership wedding and they were allergic to nuts.
Reckless

Outstanding answer.
barnetpete

#bovrilwatch. The tea hut had ran out of Bovril when I arrived three minutes into the game. A dull start to an uninspiring evenings entertainment.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
hoppy

Dagenham Supporters Club Secretary is not letting this one go.
Following Barnet's decision to raise the price of the South Stand to match the North Stand, Dagenham still (quite rightly) maintain that their fans were overcharged for their visit to us earlier in the season.
Barnet, seemingly, have not yet addressed this apparent overcharge, which also applies to other home fixtures.
CrawleyBee

hoppy wrote:Dagenham Supporters Club Secretary is not letting this one go.
Following Barnet's decision to raise the price of the South Stand to match the North Stand, Dagenham still (quite rightly) maintain that their fans were overcharged for their visit to us earlier in the season.
Barnet, seemingly, have not yet addressed this apparent overcharge, which also applies to other home fixtures.
Clearly a man of principles, however he just needs to move on and let it go, life is too short! The pricing structure has now been rectified.
Formerly Watfordbee
Norfolk & Chance

But it should be rectified retrospectively too. Preferably without a hyperbolic attack of the rule, it's a given that it's a crap rule, why can't the club just do a good thing?
The club was in breach of the rule, bung the d and r supporters club the appropriate amount, they can put it toward the next coach trip, and we may even generate some goodwill!! Surely it's the right thing to do !?
John_c

Norfolk & Chance wrote:But it should be rectified retrospectively too. Preferably without a hyperbolic attack of the rule, it's a given that it's a crap rule, why can't the club just do a good thing?
The club was in breach of the rule, bung the d and r supporters club the appropriate amount, they can put it toward the next coach trip, and we may even generate some goodwill!! Surely it's the right thing to do !?
Nah.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Norfolk & Chance

Well I would.
I don't expect the club will though.
BeesKnees

I expect Barnet will ask those who went in the terrace for the Dagenham game to volunteer to pay the increased price.
CrawleyBee

It wasn’t done on purpose, a genuine mistake, these things happen.
Formerly Watfordbee
hoppy

watfordbee wrote:It wasn’t done on purpose, a genuine mistake, these things happen.
It was highlighted in this thread on 9th August.
After that date Ebbsfleet and Eastleigh fans were overcharged.
Dagenham cam to us at the end of August and were also overcharged. They then emailed the Club.
After Dagenhams email to the Club Maidenhead fans were overcharged.

Sorry, it may have been a genuine mistake originally (debatable) but action should have been taken much earlier by the Club.
Fans of the four Clubs, plus Braintree who we played prior to 9th August should be refunded.
To bee or not to bee

Agree they should Hoppy but Not Braintree as terrace was closed and it was bogof for everyone.
hoofer2

watfordbee wrote:It wasn’t done on purpose, a genuine mistake, these things happen.
Don't agree. We all knew the rules and so did the club. We tried to get away with it and failed
lemming3k

Unfortunately companies can (and will) do what they want. The club has broken a rule, intentional or otherwise, but lets remember Dagenham fans have only paid what all other visitors this year will pay.
Despite the rule, would it be fair to refund Dagenham fans and leave other fans paying more for the same seating? Would charging different amounts potentially break any other rules? What of the games where we close the South stand (such as Braintree) and can therefore charge those prices without issue anyway?
barnetpete

The club should do what a lot of prem clubs do and give credit to all
those individuals off their next ticket at the hive!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,