Problems and Improvements

Raise any problems you are having with the boards/other technical issues.
Jimbokav1971

Re: Problems and Improvements

Internal Server Error 500...
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
Jimbokav1971

and times out.
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

The same thing...
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

Is happening when...
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

I try to send...
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

Private messages...
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

No a joke.
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

*test post*

You are personally responsible and potentially liable for the contents of your posting and may be sued should your posting contain content of a defamatory or other illegal nature. Every message posted leaves a traceable IP number. We check the forums at various times of the day and remove offending posts. Supporters of other clubs are welcome but abusive or silly posts will be removed and the offenders potentially barred from future access to the site. We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. This messageboard is not endorsed or in any way affiliated with Barnet FC. OnlyBarnet may disclose user information to government authorities when required by law. OnlyBarnet may also disclose user information when it has reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with its rights or property, other OnlyBarnet.com users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. OnlyBarnet cannot be held liable for the actions or postings of its members. OnlyBarnet reserve the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread for any reason.
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

Hi Mikel.

This is just a test to see if it is working now or if I am still getting the same pronlems. Just waffling now to make the post longer to give it a proper test.

Private messages have been exactly the same too so not sure what has gone on.

Obviously was able to post short messages yesterday. Very strange.

[fingers crossed]
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

Hi Mikel.

This is just a test to see if it is working now or if I am still getting the same pronlems. Just waffling now to make the post longer to give it a proper test.

Private messages have been exactly the same too so not sure what has gone on.

Obviously was able to post short messages yesterday. Very strange.

[fingers crossed]
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

How do I feel???? Firstly numb but as the news soaks in I feel so tired – tired of fighting the fight! Is this the end of it – no! The political rumblings will go on and on! I may get hung out to dry for this but I have refrained from commenting thus far but enough is enough……….. All I know is it is a hard job doing what we do, believing in what we do – what is that ?? oh yeah a sustainable future for Barnet FC. And although some knock us at every opportunity, we, the staff work tirelessly to keep everything going – against the odds! Underhill (we may love it but.....) it is a dinosaur in the world of football and our off pitch revenue does not support us – we are under resourced, staff are stretched and conditions are poor! We are not paid vast salaries, there are no rewards other than working for a club you love and job satisfaction in the work you do but its getting harder and harder with mounting pressures, trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear!!! Recently the police offered the Trust storage because we will have not got enough at Underhill – great of them but not really practical. The Trust may be homeless come next summer - will have have the energy to not only raise money to support our work but for premises and all the associated costs - the way if feel now - better not ask!!! This is a tough economic climate and we are working hard, reaching the hard to reach, providing positive diversionary activities and ticking all the boxes on the social agendas for the council and the government! Some say there is a life span in a job, how we keep staff is beyond me – why some of us are still here is also beyond me! Despite the knocks we strive to do our best sometimes due to time and resource constraints we do not meet our own high standards. So build offices I hear you cry – why would you??? It does not improve our off pitch revenue or enhance our community standing! Additional cost without additional income! We, Barnet FC, have the power to help engage many groups within our community, its deeper than football, we can effect so many people and enhance their outcomes. A club can and should be so much more – football has moved on - our stadium should be a hub within the community – a viable stadium supporting both the club and the community. We could be that community hub – but we need politicians to wake up and realise what they have, a wonderful community ASSET, that sells BARNET up and down the country and worldwide! WE PUT IT ON THE MAP

As former chair of Keep Barnet Alive campaign and for those of you that know me well will know that I did that because I believe in Barnet FC and believe that it is a community asset! Did I know Tony K or anyone at the club when I went to my first public meeting – NO! But that meeting spurred me on to do something to help – why – because of the total hostility and disrespect that was shown to fans. Our club was being treated appallingly and someone had to do something – so four years of the KBA ensued! At the end of that – did we have a new stadium – no - but we did have a commitment from the council to work with the club to ensure its long term future in Barnet! What’s happened since then – not a great deal! We were able, with the addition of the cricket club, to improve facilities at Underhill. I say improve but really it was bringing facilities for spectators, especially the disabled, up to an acceptable standard and in turn to help us meet MINIMUM standards for the football league. Most importantly safety at the stadium was brought up to a satisfactory standard. It also gave us more room to operate the club albeit from portacabins!!!!

After the KBA I made a commitment to continue to enhance our name within the community and was asked by the club and the PFA to re-launch the community scheme, at first I said no – I didn’t want to cross the line from fan to employee but in the end I agreed because I knew that there was so much, we, as a club could offer the community and in turn I hoped that the council would actually sit up and take notice of Barnet FC and see what an asset we are! Did it work, partly yes – we the community trust are doing lots of great work across the borough and also in Harrow, but we are not very good at shouting about it – mainly due to a lack of resources, believe me you could work 16hr days and there would always be something else to do in any department within the club. We, the trust, have attracted additional funding from outside the borough, totting it up it is probably in excess 500k, to help us deliver projects across the borough, helping to create a safer stronger community. So we are doing our bit! Since the re-launch of the Trust we have engaged thousands of young people, got them volunteering, in work, on the straight and narrow working with youth offending , we have helped with health, education, anti knife crime, personal safety, worked with young and old, within mental health secure units, at old peoples homes – we have done so much to help create a safer stronger community and from January we will be working with in excess of 600 young people across the borough each and every week on estates having secured 180K over 3 years.

We have worked hard to create great partnerships within the community; charitable, voluntary and statutory sectors and we are widely respected and supported both within Barnet and London and are represented on many strategic groups. We have worked with the Mayor’s office (Boris) and were strategically and operationally influential to the borough during the unrest. But the sad truth is the prolonged uncertainty of the future of the club will continue to undermine both the trust and the club! And we continue to be a political pawn – with some politicians revelling in the power that they have over us.

We will not grow or flourish at Underhill as much as that pains me to say and I for one have grown tired of this fight – it seems never ending and it has a direct impact on everyone that works here – we are all drained - it effects everyone that works with us and sponsors us. All around us others are cementing their futures within Barnet and are being totally supported by the council, meanwhile we, Barnet FC struggle in the background.

Stationers has gone, not to us, and what is so painful – they will be building what we asked for and what was rejected – remember the WORKING TOGETHER document! So why them and not us? And why was the planning application hidden from us – yes it was hidden – we neighbours of stationers were not notified and a planning officer admitted that they did it on purpose – the then leader said it was an error of judgement and not deliberate – sorry but that doesn’t wash with me! But I was assured that they would help if we did not make it a political battle during the national elections. So we didn't! But still we wait.................... bowing down to politics in the hope that they will help us - then Copthall to Saracens????? The last organisation to win the tender to operate Copthall was Barnet FC – so why were we not asked to tender again! Why was it not put out to tender – surely this should be the first step. Again that was done behind closed doors – whilst the council were ‘working’ on a way for us to have a sustainable future in the borough. Not sure how that one works eh?

Everyone is excited about the work that Saracens will do in the community, - yeah the same work that we are already doing already!!! A recent flourish of player visits – again we are already doing that! Community will have use of Copthall! Free of charge????? – NO!!!!!! Because no one can give community use for free because it is not sustainable. But they are doing a great PR job

Is this about TK? About personalities? Or hearsay? Recently a senior politician was asked by a long standing Barnet fan why he was against Barnet FC, he said he didn’t want to be swindled – well well – the million pound plus investigation into the freehold sale – found what???? Nothing worth publishing!!!! Did the club make a meal of the findings or the lack of publication? No again because they wanted to move forward – build bridges – where has it got them – bloody nowhere! Has this politician met with the club or TK – again NO! We made some strong enemies after the election in 2002 and during the preceding 4 years and they are still calling the shots in relation to our future and unfortunately the incoming politicians are being tainted by the old ones with that dislike for our club!!!

Can we trust TK????

What can I say – what choice do we have??? Can we trust anyone???? The only person you can truly trust is yourself but sometimes we have to put our trust somewhere and for TK to betray our trust would be a very public betrayal – could he live with that? Could anyone? I do not believe that they could! I want a viable future for my football club, I want my football club to be successful on and off the pitch, I want my club to help create a safer stronger community using its influence for good! I want to go to work, be warm when it’s cold, be cool when it’s hot, I want the club to be resourced both on and off the field – A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE!!! The club spends so much time on ground issues, a resource that would be better invested in our club and here we are so many wasted hours not to mention so much wasted money and where has it got us!

So 7k a year not a lot but is it a year? Or is it that it works out 7k a year, is this for the lease? Is it payable up front??? - So what’s the ground rent? They are only offering 15 years because that is what a tribunal will award if the parties do not agree – so really that’s 105k for 15 years and associated costs! Club have written within their lease an option for a renewal of 125 years which equals £875,000. Small flat – more like a large house - sounds familiar eh? At present its 2K - some increase eh? oh the question is what are Saracens paying for Copthall? Is there an upfront Lease? I ask because I do not know –peppercorn rent??? Mmmh! A small cc v an athletics stadium again mmmh! What have they done in the borough to be rewarded so? A long history, carrying the name? A proven record of community work within the borough? What can they do that we are not doing already?

I was once told that the council paid for a company to find out what put Barnet on the map – what was top? – oh yes Barnet FC! So we all got a copy- eh no - that report was never published – by the way Saracens were not on the list but they get Copthall? Perhaps they will change their name to Barnet Saracens!

I have nothing against Saracens but I do not like the way this has been handled – I think it’s unfair, undemocratic and probably breaking loads of rules!

Are the council aware of our community activities – YES!

As for the access – if Barnet FC agrees to the nominal fee they may wipe away the rights they have enjoyed for all the preceding years – and then the council can withdraw it when they want, something else we can be held to ransom over so I do not think it’s not about the nominal charge it’s bigger than that! How long do we continue fighting - how much is it costing us both mentally and financially - this is crazy - for me its over 10 years - i have being trying to convince them that they should work with us! longer for TK, so if he has had enough - who can blame him - everyone else dips in and out of the fight - believe me its real for us at the sharp end! and no not everyone gets to hear the ins and outs - because again there are no enough hours in the day!and again we stay quiet because we want to build bridges!

Did I sit down with the chairman and discuss all this? – NO – because I am too busy running the Trust trying to prove our worth – Did I know that there was to be an announcement? NO! Do I know firsthand the duplicity of politicians unfortunately YES! I was personally attacked during my KBA days – for what??? Standing up for Barnet FC! Do I want to be a politician – bloody hell no – I just want to do my job, using Barnet FC as a vehicle for the betterment of the community we serve whilst developing fans of the future to ensure our long term survival. We are constantly aware of the bigger clubs around us – breathing down our necks for the precious territory of Barnet and the permanent uncertainty does us no favours!

Do I speak for TK – NO! Do I take instruction from him on matters such as this? NO! Have I ever? NO! But I am tired of hitting my head against a brick wall over 10 years far less than TK! This isn’t just about today – this is about all the yesterdays – this is about the level of achievement throughout the years – where are we?????? How far have we got??? Have we got a viable future within the borough – you would be naive to think we have! Some of you may not like TK, some may question his motives but you should be questioning how long this has gone on for and how far has it taken us! Some may say it’s because they don't like TK - that he rubs them up the wrong way - well bloody hell after all this time, new face after new face and still the same old story - how would your patience be??? When Theresa Villiers was MEP, back in the day of the KBA - i called her - we had a lengthy discussion about the problems facing Barnet FC and she was outraged - she was going to help us - then she became MP for Barnet and her public support waned - why because it didn't suit the local agenda!

Coincidence about the freehold? Really? What solutions has the council presented or discussed since 2006 – eh NONE! But they have GIVEN Copthall to Saracens - So to spin it again – it really is handy for them that the agreement comes to an end.

So you see that’s why politicians have so much fun and we are left to decipher the fallout!

If they wanted to secure a long term future for the club in Barnet FC – they could – couldn’t they? They are after all helping Saracens!

I long for the day when we can concentrate on just being a football club – doing what we should be doing and staying the hell away from politics!

So before you make your decision on who to believe – stop and think – COPTHALL, STATIONERS oh and yes the QUINTA CLUB – that was originally vacated so we could take it over for community use years ago and its still standing empty decaying – isn’t it great to sit up on high and make decisions about the future of community assets but who are those decisions representing??? who are they actually helping - the people of Barnet???? Or party politics????

Some of you just want to watch your team and i really understand that but in this modern era football clubs have to be more than that!

As the saying goes ‘walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me I am wrong!’

So shout scream and holler – Point fingers – appoint blame - accuse me of toeing the line - the fact remains we still do not have a sustainable future nor has there been any movements in that direction!!! And I for one am questioning whether we ever will have amidst this political whirlwind that is engulfing us!
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

srjabhsad;jfjadjfa'L AFSkln'AFD ij'ADSF fa'FA'KFD FA'KJF FJL;AKAS fjalkefjafdskjnaf jafkjafd
fdaf
fdsffd
ddghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllreakjsdlknsdnfsnf,mx cvmnskjdnflkasdmc zmndvkjsndfgvkxmk

zsfgklnsvk posjf ajfjd paojflkd;lafj./..sdnm kjaa. 7w62i3489082308usf jnhdankbjd
folajfa
flkijsadf
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

Just trying to post this now as it seems when Mikel tried yesterday all was fine.

[fingers crossed]
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

Ok. Going to try something longer now just to test it a bit further. This really was strange. I bet Mikel thinks I was making the whole thing up.

Anyway, I need to write something here to make the message longer so I shall mention my inability to even enter the prediction league never mind by lack of success when I actually do enter something. I am an absolute disaster.

Now this is plenty long enough. There is no way a message this long would have gone through before.

[fingers crossed again]
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

Wow. How weird. So it is working fine now.

I haven't tried the new browser Mikel, (so this is still Chrome), but if something similar happens again I will crank up FF and have a go with that.

Very strange indeed.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts over the weekend. Really appreciate it.

Cheers Jim.
antbfc wrote: