South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John_c

Re: South Stand

hoppy wrote:Maidenhead fans are being charged £20 (£13 concession).
The Club seem to have totally disregarded the contents of the email from the Dagenham & Redbridge Supporters Association.
This further suggests that the club know what they're doing...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
beew

John_c wrote:
hoppy wrote:Maidenhead fans are being charged £20 (£13 concession).
The Club seem to have totally disregarded the contents of the email from the Dagenham & Redbridge Supporters Association.
This further suggests that the club know what they're doing...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I suspect it's a guideline rather than a mandatory rule, and clubs that have been charged a higher price have the right to charge us a higher rate in the corresponding fixture.
Psycho

Obviously Maidenhead is a much more affluent area compared to Dagenham but it still causes a lot of ill-feeling. I suggested Dave Tarpey making an appearance tomorrow pitchside or centre circle which could go a long way to us becoming good friends as clubs.

Sadly, charging more money causes resentment and a chance to make a good relationship with Maidenhead could go out of the window.
StephenM

Psycho wrote:Obviously Maidenhead is a much more affluent area compared to Dagenham but it still causes a lot of ill-feeling. I suggested Dave Tarpey making an appearance tomorrow pitchside or centre circle which could go a long way to us becoming good friends as clubs.

Sadly, charging more money causes resentment and a chance to make a good relationship with Maidenhead could go out of the window.
I don't know what I'll do if it turns out that Barnet and Maidenhead aren't good friends.
becbee

Or maybe Maidenhead fans will not consider the admission cost to be more important than the match itself.
Tuesds

Psycho wrote:
I'm going over old ground here, but I think it's important to recognise we're not charging Maidenhead fans 'more money', we're charging them the same as home fans for covered seats. Why should Maidenhead fans pay £15 for their seat in a plush new stand with a smart bar with seating etc., while home fans pay £20 to be in the West Stand?

Look at the Leyton Orient prices. Barnet fans are paying £20 (or £18 in advance) to sit at next week's game, while home fans are paying £18 on the day (£16 in adv.) to sit in the stands at either end of the stadium. So they're charging us more money than some home fans, but in my view they are justified in doing so, because O's fans are charged the same for similar accommodation to that which Bees fans will be in on the day. Of course, while they are only doing what we do, they wouldn't fall foul of this rule/guideline because they don't offer any standing accommodation for their own fans.

This is another illustration of how, if this rule is enforced, it will accelerate the disappearance of the remaining terracing in our professional football grounds and cost hard-pressed clubs a lot of money in the meantime.
DerekRocholl

If you aren't a member or eligible for a concession the lowest price you can pay to watch the game of Saturday and use the car park at the same time is:

£26 if you are a Maidenhead supporter
£21 if you are a Barnet supporter
£10 if you have a ticket to the England game even if you couldn't care less about Barnet or Maidenhead.

It's a funny old game.
Norfolk & Chance

It's hardly Maidenhead's fans fault that our chairman allocated a spanking new stand to away fans is it!
But he did!
And because he did, he has to abide by the rules whether we like it or not!
But when did our chairman ever think rules applied to him?
Comparing what home fans get to what away fans get misses the point by a country bloody mile.
letchbee94

This used to happen to us at Morecambe.
To bee or not to bee

If the club have to refund some of the money received to away fans I’m sure they will. As long as non compliance doesn’t result in a points deduction or other penalty that will affect us getting out of this TPL I’m not that concerned personally.
LeicesterBee

Hiveoccupier wrote:If you aren't a member or eligible for a concession the lowest price you can pay to watch the game of Saturday and use the car park at the same time is:

£10 if you have a ticket to the England game even if you couldn't care less about Barnet or Maidenhead.

It's a funny old game.
With no games in the top two domestic leagues this Saturday, it would have been the perfect opportunity to offer tickets at £10 each to any area of the ground for anyone who wants to come along (not just those with tickets to the England game)

Get a bumper crowd in, put on a decent performance (fingers crossed) and hopefully a few of those may return again not to mention spending money in the bars, tea huts, club shop etc etc.

Maybe that’s too simplistic an approach and is the reason why I’m not chairman of a football club!
Tuesds

Hiveoccupier wrote:If you aren't a member or eligible for a concession the lowest price you can pay to watch the game of Saturday and use the car park at the same time is:

It's a funny old game.
Ok.

Not sure why those England ticket holders who couldn’t care less about our game are going to pay £10 to park a 5-10 minute walk away from the tube, when they could park at the tube station itself for £2.60. That really would be a funny old game, Saint
Psycho

StephenM wrote:
Psycho wrote:Obviously Maidenhead is a much more affluent area compared to Dagenham but it still causes a lot of ill-feeling. I suggested Dave Tarpey making an appearance tomorrow pitchside or centre circle which could go a long way to us becoming good friends as clubs.

I don't know what I'll do if it turns out that Barnet and Maidenhead aren't good friends.
No need to be sarcastic.

If it wasn't for the chairmen in 1993 we could still be in the Istmian League when we were on the verge of going bust in the summer.
ricardobee

"If it wasn't for the chairmen . . ."

What chairmen? When were Barnet F.C. ever in the Isthmian League? When were Barnet F.C. on the verge of going bust in the summer of 1993?
Wrong on all of these points. Are you re-writing history?
David Buchler. Athenian League. David Buchler.
jerroll

presume Psycho is referring to other chairmen who didn't vote us out at Forest in 1993!