Problems and Improvements

Raise any problems you are having with the boards/other technical issues.
Moonchild_Bee

Re: Problems and Improvements

GRH wrote:I notice on the main board you can upload attachments, but this doesn't appear to be an option for private messages? Is it possible to turn this function on, or is it there and I'm completely missing it?
That's been turned on so you should be able to do it now? However, there might be a valid reason for it to be turned off ( :?: ) so it may not last!

TEST
Mikel Bee

Cheers MCB. Another crease ironed out.
PBBee

One quick question Mikel/admins how can you tell if someone has edited there post. Am I being really thick and missing it or is it not stated on the posts?
Moonchild_Bee

PBBee wrote:One quick question Mikel/admins how can you tell if someone has edited there post. Am I being really thick and missing it or is it not stated on the posts?
Hi PBBee -

It should be as the correct setting are applied, but obviously for some reason it's not. I'll have to leave this for Mikel as it's waaay over my head :?:

Thanks for alerting us though.
Mikel Bee

Thanks for bringing it up PBBee. I looked into it and apparently edit times on posts are only shown if the post being edited is not the latest one in the thread e.g. if you look at GRH's first post in the Real League Table thread it says how many times it has been edited, as he has done this after people have already replied to him. Those who designed the board argue that nobody needs to know if the latest post was edited, as nothing eventually following it can be taken out of context. It doesn't help if you are just reading it and nobody replies though. :....:

At some point I'll play with the code and fix it. :gd:
PBBee

Thanks for the info, I was just wondering anyway. Just means I can more easily deny any pre-match optimism I share with the on-line community.

Once again still a brilliant message board, well done again. :y:

Edit: I now know to look at the bottom of the messages for the edited part now. Suppose it doesn't matter if someone edits the most recent post and it doesn't state that - just like this message.
becbee

I have to say that i quite like the fact that a post can be edited without the edit time being recorded. It means that I can delete my silly typos without anybidy realising that I've changed my message.
Golf Delta

I'm having lots of problems with very slow response times on here today. My internet d/l speed is 9.7mbps and I'm not having any other speed issues on any other websites, just here. Opening up a thread is taking about 30 seconds, even just opening up the forum is very slow and it's taking ages to post a message. I've noticed it's been taking longer and longer to open up the forum, maybe this is due to there being more stuff to load up as traffic on here increases.

The server at www.onlybarnet.com is taking too long to respond.

Any thoughts please?
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Mikel Bee

GD, can you try loading up http://www.onlybarnet.com and just click on a few of the links to see if you get the same problem? If that's OK, try logging out and browse the forum. Is it still slow when logged out?
Golf Delta

OK, tried that, it's taking about 3 seconds for each page to load up. Forum is ok now, same speed logged in or out, but this happens, sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's slow, and it's not my coonection speed as all other sites are ok.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
kingoffootball

I had problems with this site running very slowly yesterday too, but it seems to be back to normal now.
Three-time Conference champions
becbee

On Saturday lots of us were posting on the Rotherham match thread during the match. I later checked my emails to find that every time I'd posted, it had generated an email telling me that someone had posted ahead of me. The point is that at the time I posted, I wasn't simultaneously reading my emails so I wasn't aware of the email until long after I'd sent my post. Could you change this please. I suspect most of us check our post after we've sent it anyway so if it doesn't make sense because of an interim post we can always recall it for amendment anyway.

Thanks and keep up the good work that you're doing with this site.
Mikel Bee

Hi Becbee

I think you might have accidentally subscribed to that thread. If you go to the user control panel and click on manage subscriptions you can remove the subscription from there.
Golf Delta

I noticed that during periods of extremely heavy use, such as when a match is in progress, the board is very slow when loading up.
canadabee1

Golf Delta wrote:I noticed that during periods of extremely heavy use, such as when a match is in progress, the board is very slow when loading up.
I have the same problem.