South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Dagger99

Re: South Stand

Well done for the win on Monday. I thought we deserved a draw out of it personally, but that seems to be the story of our season so far.

Just a couple of points after observing other posts on this thread.

1. There is a clear rule that states Barnet should not have been charging away fans full Seating price, whilst it had terracing available for Home Supporters - as follows:

5. Home clubs unable to supply a standing amenity to visiting supporters, or withdrawing a standing amenity to visiting supporters must provide access to an appropriate seating area at the same price as the standing amenity afforded to home supporters. Visiting supporters must not be financially disadvantaged by being asked to pay more for seating where no standing facility is provided for them, but is available for home supporters.

2. A few have mentioned away fans should simply get there earlier otherwise suck it up when getting in late and missing some of the game. Frankly the organisation on Monday was piss poor, 1 window open only for a large amount of time. I personally go to in the queue at 14:25 and made it in with around 3 minutes to spare.
It was only around 14:50 ish that a 2nd and then 3rd window were opened.

Anyway, that's my moan over - good luck for the rest of the season.
Cheers!
hoppy

Dagger99 wrote:Well done for the win on Monday. I thought we deserved a draw out of it personally, but that seems to be the story of our season so far.

1. There is a clear rule that states Barnet should not have been charging away fans full Seating price, whilst it had terracing available for Home Supporters - as follows:

5. Home clubs unable to supply a standing amenity to visiting supporters, or withdrawing a standing amenity to visiting supporters must provide access to an appropriate seating area at the same price as the standing amenity afforded to home supporters. Visiting supporters must not be financially disadvantaged by being asked to pay more for seating where no standing facility is provided for them, but is available for home supporters.

2. A few have mentioned away fans should simply get there earlier otherwise suck it up when getting in late and missing some of the game. Frankly the organisation on Monday was piss poor, 1 window open only for a large amount of time. I personally go to in the queue at 14:25 and made it in with around 3 minutes to spare.

Cheers!
Thanks for posting the Rule Dagger99.
This is the rule I was referring to in my original post on 9th August.
Since that date we gave had three home games, Eastleigh, Ebbsfleet and Dagenham plus the earlier Braintree match.
We know that the Club reads this Forum so I can only assume that it has made a decision to ignore the Rule and do its own thing, to the detriment of the away fans.
Now that an away fan has highlighted this Rule I would urge Barnet FC to address the complaint. Time and time again we see adverse comments from away fans on their treatment by Barnet FC. Each adverse comment makes me shudder with embarrassment. This latest complaint, however, is somewhat different in that it seems Barnet FC are breaking a League Rule, and, by doing so, deliberately taking extra money from visiting fans. I am not a lawyer, but could that be construed as theft?
If dealt with quickly the Club might avoid a hefty fine from the National League. How they should deal with refunds to visiting fans I have no idea, but they should do something. And do it now!
becbee

Refunding visiting fans would be impractical. The club will have no details on record to enable them to send a refund and no away fan is going to make a trip to The Hive with their ticket.

It's fair enough for the club to say their mistake was an oversight, given that this rule didn't apply previously. However it will only take one away fan to write to the NL for them to contact BFC, therefore the club aught to act now and pre-empt finding themselves in trouble.

Having said this, it does sound to be an unfair ruling, in that home fans will end up paying more to sit than away fans.
Dagger99

becbee wrote:Refunding visiting fans would be impractical. The club will have no details on record to enable them to send a refund and no away fan is going to make a trip to The Hive with their ticket.

It's fair enough for the club to say their mistake was an oversight, given that this rule didn't apply previously. However it will only take one away fan to write to the NL for them to contact BFC, therefore the club aught to act now and pre-empt finding themselves in trouble.

Having said this, it does sound to be an unfair ruling, in that home fans will end up paying more to sit than away fans.
It should extremely simple for your club to calculate how many adults and concessions were over-charged, calculate the total amount to be refunded and pay our club the amount in 1 hit. Away fans would then be free to apply to their club for a refund (along with the proof of purchase of course)

With regards to it being an oversight, I don't think this will wash. A huge amount of fans kept pointing this rule out to both stewards and ticketing staff but they simply weren't interested in listening.

All rather unfortunate, I'm sure you'll agree
becbee

Stewards and ticketing staff are just employees who do as they're told, I don't see what you could expect them to have done about it.
MCB

Dagger99 wrote: 5. Home clubs unable to supply a standing amenity to visiting supporters, or withdrawing a standing amenity to visiting supporters must provide access to an appropriate seating area at the same price as the standing amenity afforded to home supporters. Visiting supporters must not be financially disadvantaged by being asked to pay more for seating where no standing facility is provided for them, but is available for home supporters.
3 things:

- you deserved a point, but this happens when you're down and out - nothing goes for you. Talking from the vantage point of the entirity of last year
- Could you provide the link to where you found this? One of your fans had given to me the latest National League rules regarding this, but I didn't see that point
- regarding queues on entrance and missing a goal - the one thing that could resolve this is if the club (ours) actually passed on the information that you can buy online and access the ticket on your phone (I do this on the tube on the way to the ground). It doesn't look like this was advertised. If you know you're going it makes sense to buy in advance and print it out / download to phone.

But perhaps the club needs to look at financially incentivising buying tickets in advance (including away tickets) to reduce queues - and a reduction in price gets advertised a lot more. Worked at Hartlepool - walked straight in with pre-bought cheaper ticket vs long queues to pay on turnstiles.
John_c

If the club have broken a league rule the the league will enforce the rule I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
BeesKnees

I remember this rule from last time we were in the conference but I can't see it in the national league rules so maybe it's changed
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

It’s a stupid rule. It discourages clubs to improve facilities for supporters.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
John_c

Dagger99 wrote:Well done for the win on Monday. I thought we deserved a draw out of it personally, but that seems to be the story of our season so far.

Cheers!
Could you confirm where you have copied this from?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Dagger99

It's taken from the official National League Handbook - which is I believe (for some reason) different to the National League 'Rules' which are readily available on line.
barnetpete

Dagger99 wrote:It's taken from the official National League Handbook - which is I believe (for some reason) different to the National League 'Rules' which are readily available on line.
So there is a technicality on which to argue a point. Our Chairman will love that, something on which to base an argument in defence.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
John_c

barnetpete wrote:
Dagger99 wrote:It's taken from the official National League Handbook - which is I believe (for some reason) different to the National League 'Rules' which are readily available on line.
So there is a technicality on which to argue a point. Our Chairman will love that, something on which to base an argument in defence.
He will be all over that :-)

Dagger99

I'm pretty sure Barnet (along with every other in the league) would have been given copies of the latest handbook and be expected to comply.

We've adapted our ground this season already to comply with exactly the same issue........

Absolutely no defence for every other club following suit.
BGr

Dagger99 wrote:I'm pretty sure Barnet (along with every other in the league) would have been given copies of the latest handbook and be expected to comply.

We've adapted our ground this season already to comply with exactly the same issue........

Absolutely no defence for every other club following suit.

Does that mean we will be in the sieve this season?!