Sign him up

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tuesds

Sign him up

I’d be very surprised if we weren’t sniffing around Morgan Ferrier. He’s in the mould of the kind of striker Still says he’s after to replace Akinde, i.e. big and powerful; he’s got a record of scoring goals at this level; and most importantly of course, he played for Dagenham and Redbridge last season!

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co. ... to-ransom/

Now that The Wood have announced to the world that he has a buy-out clause of a mere £35k, no doubt there’ll be several clubs making enquiries. So if we are keen, we’ll have to move fast.
mcleod23

Re: Sign him up

Interesting one. How good is he? Anyone seen him play? For me the new No.9 really needs to be a statement of intent. Is Ferrier that?
rudebwoyben

mcleod23 wrote:Interesting one. How good is he? Anyone seen him play? For me the new No.9 really needs to be a statement of intent. Is Ferrier that?
He definitely would be a statement of intent and is exactly the sort of striker we need.
However, if as reported Salford City are signing Aberdeen’s Adam Rooney on £5k a week, we might have to be realistic about our chances for the title.
Guiseleybee

I read that about Ferrier too today and thought exactly the same. Never seen him play but from what I’ve read he fits the profile of striker we need. John Still clearly rates him having signed him before so could well be the statement of intent signing we need if we’re serious about a title challenge.
#Beebot

Boreham Wood's press releases are so embarrassing. I'd have thought someone would have had a word with whoever writes the hyperbole on their site but nope, they just keep publishing it.
ninestein

Unfortunately, agents are an everyday part of football now. We might not like it, but if Borehamwood want to play with the big boys they will need to come to terms with this as the norm.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
John_c

#Beebot wrote:Boreham Wood's press releases are so embarrassing. I'd have thought someone would have had a word with whoever writes the hyperbole on their site but nope, they just keep publishing it.
That'll be their Chairman. :-)

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
rudebwoyben

#Beebot wrote:Boreham Wood's press releases are so embarrassing. I'd have thought someone would have had a word with whoever writes the hyperbole on their site but nope, they just keep publishing it.
You only just caught onto that now? :laugh:
#Beebot

rudebwoyben wrote:
You only just caught onto that now? Image
They've been doing it for years! Just thought they might have come to their senses after a while.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

#Beebot wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
You only just caught onto that now? Image
They've been doing it for years! Just thought they might have come to their senses after a while.
He is a graduate of the Joe Maplin college of publicity.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
becbee

I remember Borehamwood releasing something similar when Sam Cox didn't sign permanently with them because Hayes & Yeading had offered him more money. As with this, it made the player seem like the Bad Guy.
By the sounds of it, Borehamwood stitched things up pretty conclusively with his contract anyway so it's now black /white whether another club agrees to those terms or not. Meanwhile they sound to be doing all they can to alienate their player, which is unfair when all he is doing is referring to what's in his contract and like all players, having an agent whose role is to get the best deal he can for the player ( and himself!)
Maybe Borehamwood's Chairman should speak to TK for advice on how to remain dignified but still keep supporters aware of position regarding transfer requests etc.
jerroll

Ferrier joined Walsall today for our fav 'undisclosed fee'!