West Brom (Hive) The Baggies vs. Dagbees Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Psycho

Re: West Brom (Hive) The Baggies vs. Dagbees Match Thread

0-3. Hal Robson-Kanu again.
hoofer2

Psycho wrote:
barnet_pls wrote:My general worry (as has been the case for 4 or 5 seasons) is having a striker consistently scoring - which for me has to be Tarpey, supported by a midfield who score a good amount of goals between them. This is something we haven't done for years. Time will tell if these new players can although none seem to be the 10 goal a season bracket we need based on their recent history....
I can't remember too many other players who got goals apart from strikers Ken Charlery and Scott McGleish in John Still's first spell. Darren Currie chipped in with a few and Greg Heald came up for corners but not many else? Paul Wilson? :?:

Fraser Toms doesn't count! They were all flukes. :spite:
Agogo, McLeod, Graz - weve done ok for scorers
Psycho

Full-time.

Barnet 0-3 West Brom.

Sounds like we matched them for over an hour before the quality shone through for the Baggies. Let's hope England win now!
chesbee

Any idea of attendance?
dpa

Accepting this was the 1st pre season friendly and played at a modest pace, the highlight of the first half was how we competed well with a strong Championship (ex premier) side. Sweeney looked strong and confident. Great to see Johnson again. Didn't think the 451 formation worked going forward though - Shaq too lonely at times. I liked the way the 2nd half team moved the ball around and we looked good going forward, at times pushing WBA back. However the 2nd half defence looked fragile.
#Beebot

Second half we badly missed Boucaud, Sweeney and Reynolds. Robson/Payne CB partnership struggled, and Pascal was exposed defensively at RB but good going forward.

Adams was okay but needs a defensive midfielder alongside him. I liked the look of Syla who looked very assured for an 18 year old. Shomotun and EMC also very composed, Fonguck was played just behind Barham and did okay.

Barham is quick but doesn't look great technically. I cannot see him being a starter. The trialist GK made a good save but looked a little shaky at times. The trialist attacking mid - who I'm assuming is Rhys Murrell-Williamson - was pretty lively.
#Beebot

Also it will be a real shame if Still can't find space in the starting XI for both Johnson and Tutonda. Both are too good to sit on the bench in the NL. I'd start Tutonda on the wing.

Strongest XI for me based on current fitness:

Cousins
Alexander - Sweeney - Reynolds - Johnson
Boucaud - Fonguck
Shomotun - JT - Tutonda
Shaq
Beeznizz

Good to see the new signings & thought 1st half we looked really good.

Reynolds looks very assured alongside Sweeney. Will he be our new captain?

Alexander was very good. Liked his passing & runs off the ball. Always an option as was Johnson.

Cousins was good albeit a little hesitant with his distribution. Talked to those in front of him well.

Boucaud was the standout of our new signings. Was everywhere!

Robson was steady and a good run out for him.

Sparkes again steady and will benefit from the mins he got.

Adams was ok. Don’t know if he’ll be a starter.

Barham ran hard in the second half and I think will be great with someone big playing up top alongside him.
All in all a good 1st preseason in sweltering heat, against top opposition. Can only bode well for all involved fitness wise!
antbfc

Beeznizz wrote:Good to see the new signings & thought 1st half we looked really good.

Alexander was very good. Liked his passing & runs off the ball. Always an option as was Johnson.

Cousins was good albeit a little hesitant with his distribution. Talked to those in front of him well.

Barham ran hard in the second half and I think will be great with someone big playing up top alongside him.
All in all a good 1st preseason in sweltering heat, against top opposition. Can only bode well for all involved fitness wise!
Thanks for that, good for those who couldn't go. Is Adams more of a creative type player? Be interesting to see how Still gets the balance right.
#Beebot

antbfc wrote:
Beeznizz wrote:Good to see the new signings & thought 1st half we looked really good.

Thanks for that, good for those who couldn't go. Is Adams more of a creative type player? Be interesting to see how Still gets the balance right.
Adams looked tidy without doing anything spectacular. He sat deep in a 4-2-3-1 with Syla, who I thought was the slightly more impressive of the two.
Tuesds

Are we sure that the outfield trialist was Murrell-Williams? And do we know who the trialist keeper was?
hadleybee

Fairly sure the trialist GK was Elliot Justham, who is former...you guessed it Dag & Red and Luton - fits with Still's comment about knowing the new keeper very well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Justham
Prediction League Winner 2015
Tuesds

hadleybee wrote:Fairly sure the trialist GK was Elliot Justham, who is former...you guessed it Dag & Red and Luton - fits with Still's comment about knowing the new keeper very well

Ah, Justham, the guy about whom opposing fans have been known to sing:

“Shit Tesco sandwich! You’re just a shit Tesco sandwich!”
DerekRocholl

Tuesds wrote:
hadleybee wrote:Fairly sure the trialist GK was Elliot Justham, who is former...you guessed it Dag & Red and Luton - fits with Still's comment about knowing the new keeper very well

Ah, Justham, the guy about whom opposing fans have been known to sing:

“Shit Tesco sandwich! You’re just a shit Tesco sandwich!”
He didn’t look particularly fit. Perhaps that’s all he’s been eating.

PSFs are very hard to read but he didn’t pull up any trees. There were however lots of performances which suggested we are getting close to having a decent squad. The other trialist gave it a good go too.