World Cup. England's chances.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

World Cup. England's chances.

Is anyone confident that England can do well. Personally I have absolutely zero confidence in our National team progressing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lost to Tunisia.
I will, of course, be supporting England, my support for them strengthened by drawing England in a sweepstake.
COME ON ENGLAND!!!
hoofer2

Re: World Cup. England's chances.

This is the first time in years that I feel we have a squad that has clicked as a team rather than being a group of individuals with inter-club rivalry.
Iceland, Northern Ireland and Wales have demonstrated how a strong team unity can be greater than the sum of the parts.

Our success or failure will be down to our defence. Is it rock solid or porous? With the pace in the team we will be able to hit teams on the break at lightening speed,
and we have goals in the team (when Sterling isn't on the pitch). It'll be very refreshing if we can start matches on the front foot rather than chasing shadows. Let's
see how bold Southgate is for the team selection vs Tunisia.

I hope we really go for it and build up momentum
Psycho

Barnet could have beaten Saudi Arabia - without a doubt. They were absolutely shocking. Vladimir Putin rubbing his hands. Looked all very cosy in the stands.

Can't wait for Morocco v Iran tomorrow. World-beaters.

As for England, if we can't make the last eight then there really is no hope.
Norfolk & Chance

I am confident there will be more sideways and backwards passes than forward passes.
I will of course support England but I doubt very much I'll enjoy the games. I think we'll get to quarters but suspect that might be it.
Norfolkbee

Best for England (with fair wind behind them) would be the last eight. Something to build on for the 2020 Euros.
john dockers shorts

We will get 4 or 5 points.
We are boring and univentive
pgbee

Our chances? The FA will be sweet.....
Mickbee

With the talent that is in the Premiership, I think if we get off to a good start and build a bit of momentum we can go on to win it. I also think the Reverend Moon is God and I'm going to give him all my money.
pauln50

I think this team could do better than last time though that shouldn't be too difficult. What strikes me here in Bedford is the lack of flags. I have seen only one flag on a house and none on cars. I used to put four or five out but it was always dissapointing having to take them down so quickly. There seems to be so little optimism.
ninestein

I think we can top the group based on the order of the fixtures. Tunisia will be tough and niggly opposition, but i can see us finding our feet and scraping a win like we do in qualification.

I'm glad we are not facing Panama first. I think they'll make life difficult for Belgium and will be well up for their first ever world cup game. By the time we play them that euphoria will be slightly less. I can see our quality telling as that game goes on. Invariably, we could realistically get to the Belgium game level on points, and goal difference could decide who finishes top and takes their place in which side of the 2nd round draw.

This is a tournament we can grow into. I hope Southgate picks an attacking side against Tunisia. Attack is our best form of defence. Would make such a difference to our outlook if we could win our first game.

How far can we go? I'm thinking quarter finals. In my mind that would be progress. Butmore than that i just want to see an England performance where you can go to work next day and everyone agrees we played well. We haven't had that in a tournament for a long time.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Masuka

I like our young attacking squad. I should think we will get past the group stages but our defence will get overrun as we face bigger teams. Really do not like the complete lack of experience in goal either.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
Masuka

I like our young attacking squad. I should think we will get past the group stages but our defence will get overrun as we face bigger teams. Really do not like the complete lack of experience in goal either.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
BusheyBee43

Apart from Diego Godin Uruguay look very poor so far especially considering Egypt don't have Mohammed Salah playing. Suarez has been especially disappointing in the first half and De Arrasceata also played very badly.
alexbach

Psycho wrote:Barnet could have beaten Saudi Arabia - without a doubt. They were absolutely shocking. Vladimir Putin rubbing his hands. Looked all very cosy in the stands.

Can't wait for Morocco v Iran tomorrow. World-beaters.

As for England, if we can't make the last eight then there really is no hope.
if you thought the Saudis were poor, wait until 48 teams make their way to the states, Canada and mexico
also as Egypt and Saudi Arabia is likely to be a dead rubber, wonder what the crowd will be. 32 teams is too much
barnet1958

Wouldn't mind 48 teams in the 2030 World Cup held in England (and Wales).