I’d rather have John Still than Martin Allen

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
b4life

I’d rather have John Still than Martin Allen

If it is John Still, then good. I’d have preferred Gary Waddock but John Still will do fine. He’s done very well after he left us and never got the credit he deserved when he was with us. Many supporters thought the grass was greener and it wasn’t. He might not be a long term manager but I think he’ll do his job well and get us back in the league, maybe not at the first attempt but within 3 years definitely. As for Martin Allen, the odds are on him picking up a very tidy severance package after 6 months or Chesterfield go to the wall, not sure which one will happen first, but don’t care anymore it’s in the past, time to move on and look forward to plenty of wins next season.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Masuka

Re: I’d rather have John Still than Martin Allen

I think John Still would not be the worst hiring, however.. I would prefer a manager who wants to get to League 2 and put his name out there by taking us up. Garrard or Waddock for me.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
John_c

Masuka wrote:I think John Still would not be the worst hiring, however.. I would prefer a manager who wants to get to League 2 and put his name out there by taking us up. Garrard or Waddock for me.
John Still wouldn't want us to get to L2? What a strange thing to say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
aclassman

TK vision for the clubs future is to bring back an OAP from the past!

Seriously TK

We want an ambitious young manager like Luke not a has been.

Why are Dagenham and Redbridge suffering financially? Because low crowds watching unattractive long ball hoof football.
ninestein

Getting a young, hungry manager like Luke Garrard would be the ideal long term solution, but prizing them away from their current club is easier said than done.

John Still may be getting on, but from what I've read he would rather retire having had one last success somewhere. He said he'd only leave dagenham once he was satisfied that people's jobs were safe. The man has a lot of integrity.

If it is to be him, that represents a strong appointment. The priority right now is promotion back to the FL. The quicker the better. John knows this division better than anyone.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
john dockers shorts

The reason I wanted Mart to stay was that he knows how to win the General Motors Vauxhall Conference or whatever its called. 'Still Out' also knows how to win the league and it wasn't that long ago. If he gets appointed then I'm fairly hopeful of having a competitive season towards the top.

Likewise if we appoint Boring wood chap or Waddock I think we will have a decent season.

Just make the decision TK lets move on and beat Mart at Wembley!
PaulGoldie

aclassman wrote:TK vision for the clubs future is to bring back an OAP from the past!

Seriously TK

We want an ambitious young manager like Luke not a has been.

Why are Dagenham and Redbridge suffering financially? Because low crowds watching unattractive long ball hoof football.
not at all. It’s because their main backer, Glynn Hopkins has pulled out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aclassman

If the football was entertaining you will attract more fans and then don't need backing from a third party to survive
aclassman

Maybe we could get sponsored by Hoofmeister beer now
dpa

JS wouldn't be my first choice (remember snoozing @ Underhill in the main stand more than once watching a JS Barnet side) however after last seasons craziness I think we need a stable and calm head leading the way. JS also knows non league like no other and so will be able to pick up a few quality signings.

So, in summary, if it happens, not one of TKs worst appointments.

Incidentally, does anyone know what happened at the Daggers extraordinary meeting last night? apparently they were discussing whether there is a future for the club....
ricardobee

Smashing bloke John, was always prepared to defend the way his team played football, but it could be called rather negative. When he was with the Bees early on 'Still out' could be heard week after week. Would he be prepared to suffer the insults once again? Hope not, but knowing this chairman's track record with manager's, who knows. We'll probably end up with Colonel Sanders!
barnetpete

Young hungry manager - Rossi

Hungry, proven, conference winning manager - John Still.

Know which one i’d take.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
aclassman

Rossi had no previous experience unlike Luke
mcleod23

Did anyone not watch his Luton team that romped to the Conference title not so long ago? They were superb and played great football.

The tag of Still having 'long ball merchant' is unjust.

I'll support whatever football that gets us winning. Pretty football is very much a nice to have. Look at Notts Co and Lincoln this season - the definition of long ball and basic but very efficient and hard to beat. I know which situation I'd rather be in.

Still (if he comes) would get us working, in good shape defensively and has the nous of lower league which is want we all want isn't it? For me Still is better appointment that Waddock.
ccollis_869

Masuka wrote:I think John Still would not be the worst hiring, however.. I would prefer a manager who wants to get to League 2 and put his name out there by taking us up. Garrard or Waddock for me.
I could think of a thousand worse hirings then Still and TK has the power to bring them in!