Martin Allen -Why ?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
NorthFinchleyBee

Re: Martin Allen -Why ?

Well, that's enormously disappointing. He (MA) really does just go after the penny and the pound, and I'm sure the pound he was being offered at Barnet was fairly good. I hope it does not quite work out at Chesterfield in the way it did not at Eastleigh. For a man who professes to love the club, he's not shown a lot of love. Ironically, TK, who I think genuinely cares is the one who get the brick bats while Martin gets the bouquets..
Berlinbee

NorthFinchleyBee wrote:Well, that's enormously disappointing. He (MA) really does just go after the penny and the pound, and I'm sure the pound he was being offered at Barnet was fairly good. I hope it does not quite work out at Chesterfield in the way it did not at Eastleigh. For a man who professes to love the club, he's not shown a lot of love. Ironically, TK, who I think genuinely cares is the one who get the brick bats while Martin gets the bouquets..
Exactly my point. All that gushing for what? Stringing us along an emotive path for what? In any other aspect of daily life and relationship, work or personal, you'd pull them up on it eventually. Generally speaking as lower league football fans, we more than most value sincerity and loyalty than your average armchair. We're not exactly here for the glory are we? It just deepens the air of insincerity and superficiality of the man which we've seen play out time and time again over years. Not the best personality trait to have as a human being, forget the football. Always seems to be inflicted on Barnet FC too.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn that he'd sold his Conference winning medal on eBay.
Chesterfieldfan

Although we are in a lot of debt (all to the chairman with no interest ) how much would akinde cost ?likely to move on ? Any other players Martin Allen would have his eye on ?
Berlinbee

Chesterfieldfan wrote:Although we are in a lot of debt (all to the chairman with no interest ) how much would akinde cost ?likely to move on ? Any other players Martin Allen would have his eye on ?
Akinde: £600,000 roughly I'd imagine. Probably won't end up at Chesterfield

Sam Muggleton, Jude Sterling, Bondz N'Gala, Sam Togwell, Charlie Allen.
BigBee

Berlinbee wrote:
NorthFinchleyBee wrote:Well, that's enormously disappointing. He (MA) really does just go after the penny and the pound, and I'm sure the pound he was being offered at Barnet was fairly good. I hope it does not quite work out at Chesterfield in the way it did not at Eastleigh. For a man who professes to love the club, he's not shown a lot of love. Ironically, TK, who I think genuinely cares is the one who get the brick bats while Martin gets the bouquets..
Exactly my point. All that gushing for what? Stringing us along an emotive path for what? In any other aspect of daily life and relationship, work or personal, you'd pull them up on it eventually. Generally speaking as lower league football fans, we more than most value sincerity and loyalty than your average armchair. We're not exactly here for the glory are we? It just deepens the air of insincerity and superficiality of the man which we've seen play out time and time again over years. Not the best personality trait to have as a human being, forget the football. Always seems to be inflicted on Barnet FC too.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn that he'd sold his Conference winning medal on eBay.
I entirely agree with both of you.

I have never liked the morality of the man.

I accept that he is entitled to go for more money and that is what it
will be, but, he somehow always seem to leave us and rub our faces
in it at the same time.

I have no doubt he is a good motivator, but question his coaching.

In addition, I do not believe he has any long term viability at any club,
his forte is for a short term appointment. Could call him Dr Allen.
jerroll

Berlinbee wrote:
Chesterfieldfan wrote:Although we are in a lot of debt (all to the chairman with no interest ) how much would akinde cost ?likely to move on ? Any other players Martin Allen would have his eye on ?

£600k you are joking, free agent in 12 months time and only scored 7 goals this season. would be surprised if over £100k.
LoudmouthBFC

jerroll wrote:
Berlinbee wrote:

£600k you are joking, free agent in 12 months time and only scored 7 goals this season. would be surprised if over £100k.

£250k and a milky bar and his yours.
Berlinbee

jerroll wrote:
Berlinbee wrote:

He's a proven goalscorer at League Two level though but has had a rotten season plagued by an injury. I didn't realise he was in his last 12 months, in that case probably in the £200,000 region.
Itai-bee

If Martin Allen was so good. How come they don’t call him Medal winner?.
It was Westley master tatics of drawing games that nearly kept us up. The same tatics that medal winner used to keep Newport up a season earlier.
Then Allen comes along and f*cks it up by winning too many matches.Meaning the teams above us tried harder.
Westley proved once again.That winning football matches doesn’t guarantee you success.

Medal winner, I salute you .
RichardM

jerroll wrote:
Berlinbee wrote:

You don't know our chairman.
footballman

I really hope Barnet think hard and look carefully for a suitable quality manager with long term loyalty to the team. We must never ever need to employ MA again! The man is just not going to stay long anywhere, maybe he enjoys jumping from team to team like a headless chicken. A lot of us, including me were saying many nice things about him after his recent time at Barnet...but time to get real now. Yeah we won some games and won 3-0 against Chesterfield (too late), BUT the man failed to save us from relegation! simple as that! we needed to win 1 more game, should have beaten Grimsby instead of draw. Also a draw against Stevenage instead of 4-1 loss. He FAILED and we admired him! now he's having a laugh and off to Chesterfield.
Last edited by footballman on 16 May 2018, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Barnetchris

I disagree that he was “ having a laugh”, his contract was up he moved on, simple as that. He owes us nothing, the only strange thing about this is he was picking players to play against his team ( did he already know he was going to Chesterfield) this season, having said that most of us agree with his selection so no problem .
Good luck to him, but just not at Chesterfield, I dont mind them coming up in the play-offs as long as we’re champions.
jerroll

RichardM wrote:
jerroll wrote:
Berlinbee wrote:

You don't know our chairman.
depends how much TK wants his wages off the bill - when was the last time a league 1 or 2 club paid a fee over £100k for a player?(other than us for Tarpey possibly!)
MCB

jerroll wrote: depends how much TK wants his wages off the bill - when was the last time a league 1 or 2 club paid a fee over £100k for a player?(other than us for Tarpey possibly!)
Guess we'll never know as so much is undisclosed. But Omar Bugle who Akinde outscored went for £750,000. I can imagine a team like Barnsley pitching £250k for him.
jerroll

MCB wrote:
jerroll wrote: depends how much TK wants his wages off the bill - when was the last time a league 1 or 2 club paid a fee over £100k for a player?(other than us for Tarpey possibly!)
Guess we'll never know as so much is undisclosed. But Omar Bugle who Akinde outscored went for £750,000. I can imagine a team like Barnsley pitching £250k for him.
Bogle went to Wigan who were in the championship.