PLAYER OF THE YEAR POLL

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
alexbach

Re: PLAYER OF THE YEAR POLL

Watching sky news once, the Japanese emperor visited and Frank was depicted, turning his back, along with other veterans. Lord knows what they had suffered

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
ape1968

Please can everyone share the poll URL as widely as they can:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BeesPoTY_2017-18

Tweet, share on Facebook whatever. We haven't got any coverage anywhere else and it would be good to allow every Bees fan who wants to, to have a vote.

If you haven't voted yet please do...at the moment the PoTY vote is running very, very close.....
Last edited by ape1968 on 03 May 2018, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
"The feeling of stepping out for Barnet for the first time was the same as a Champions League match. It is just joy"

Edgar Davids
ape1968

Please can everyone share the poll URL as widely as they can:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BeesPoTY_2017-18

Tweet, share on Facebook whatever. We haven't got any coverage anywhere else and it would be good to allow every Bees fan who wants to, to have a vote.

If you haven't voted yet please do...at the moment the PoTY vote is running very, very close.....
"The feeling of stepping out for Barnet for the first time was the same as a Champions League match. It is just joy"

Edgar Davids
MCB

hendon4bee wrote:
Nominations were raised by the Supporters Liaison Group.

There were nine people nominated. As usual the nominees remain confidential.

A vote was taken by a panel between the nominees consisting of the Supporters Liaison Group, a selection of former BFCSA and BFCST officials, and past winners of the trophy.

In the past the vote was taken by the BFCSA. Last year was a public vote - a break with tradition.

Eight former Lester Finch Award winners were among those voting.

The votes have been counted and Village is aware of the award winner. He is getting the trophy engraved and a replica has been commissioned with a view of awarding the trophy on Saturday afternoon.

I can reveal here that the vote was very exciting with only two votes separating first and second place.

best wishes

John
Was the Lester Finch Award given out? If so who won - or can it be revealed (along with the other results?).
rudebwoyben

MCB wrote:
hendon4bee wrote:
Nominations were raised by the Supporters Liaison Group.

There were nine people nominated. As usual the nominees remain confidential.

A vote was taken by a panel between the nominees consisting of the Supporters Liaison Group, a selection of former BFCSA and BFCST officials, and past winners of the trophy.

In the past the vote was taken by the BFCSA. Last year was a public vote - a break with tradition.

Eight former Lester Finch Award winners were among those voting.

The votes have been counted and Village is aware of the award winner. He is getting the trophy engraved and a replica has been commissioned with a view of awarding the trophy on Saturday afternoon.

I can reveal here that the vote was very exciting with only two votes separating first and second place.

best wishes

John
Was the Lester Finch Award given out? If so who won - or can it be revealed (along with the other results?).
It was given out at half-time on Saturday. I have to say that I don't know anything about the recipient (whose name I've forgotten!). Can anyone give any more information about him and his contribution to the club?
jerroll

Gary Lakin of Hospital Radio Barnet was the recipient.
John Hunt

jerroll wrote:Garry Lakin of Hospital Radio Barnet was the recipient.
Garry provides voluntary match commentary for HRB and has been involved with them for 39 of their 40 year history. It brings the joys and woes of Barnet matchdays to patients in the Hospital. There is also a sports show on Sunday's I believe. It is an invaluable service and he is a very worthy recipient of the award. The BFCSA helped raise funds for a direct link between Underhill and Barnet Hospital to improve the quality of transmissions i believe.

Well done Garry.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
alexbach

Yup garry and his co commentator Pete hill work hard, and occasionally venture to away games also. I've deputised for both guys in the past, and they're both top men. Worthy recipient

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
tpBEE

Nicholls' goal against Chesterfield the other day has to be up there, despite the fact it didn't mean much in the end
John Hunt

Has voting now closed?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
ape1968

Yes.

I will share the results with the SLG once they've been collated and ask for a decision on how/when best to make these results available. It could, for example, be done at the Community Day - although that's a long way from the end of the season.

Edgar Davids
MCB

ape1968 wrote:Yes.

I will share the results with the SLG once they've been collated and ask for a decision on how/when best to make these results available. It could, for example, be done at the Community Day - although that's a long way from the end of the season.
That seems a long time away. As the club made it a low key event - why wait - just announce them here and on other social media? Can't see any benefit to announcing it in a couple of months, just get it over and done with, there's nothing massive to celebrate.

Here's the Lester Finch trophy being awarded - I recognise Gary now!
DerekRocholl

Has a decision been made on whether and when the poll results will be released ?
ape1968

Derek - we are just trying to get some indication from the Club whether there is a Community Day or similar at which the announcements can be made. If there isn't we can announce them here and perhaps make a presentation on the first day of next season. Not great I know but that's where we are

Edgar Davids
petersperoni

Nik, Community Day is Saturday, 14th July as arranged by the Trust