Team next season

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Doyley

Team next season

Feeling optimistic this morning especially if MA can be persuaded to stay.

On the playing front, assume Stephens will leave, and mckenzie Lyall is clearly not good enough or we would not have signed back ups on loan. So we need a keeper, and intensive coaching for Ross to come for crosses.

In defence we have santos, Brindley and Elliot, and his return will be like the proverbial new signing, for me I would then utilise Tutonda in front of him. Payne looks promising as does Darnell.

Midfield you could build a central pair of Sweeney and jack taylor, with Mauro and Tutonda. Assume Curtis will move on.

Up front assuming big John goes, then Shaq and tarpey, keep Nicholls too if we can.

Am sure I’ve missed a few people but I think we have the nucleus of a decent team.

Need to clear out all the young pros who are not good enough or they would have made it by now, the likes of nana, amalazor, and even shomotum.
PBBee

Re: Team next season

I agree we have a good enough spine to do well in the league below - build the team around Sweeney.

Not sure what will happen up front as Tarpey could never be the same again, Akinde could go & I’m not sure Shawn would thrive in non league.

I’m sure so many higher clubs are after Bruno Andrade but if they stay down we should try & nick him. More likely he’ll go to league 1/2 though.
barnet_pls

There are 37 in our current first team squad. I we hold cut this to a max of 22.

That means we should keep the following 21 and add experienced - Striker, central midfielder, poss central defender.

1Jamie Stephens (G)
21Craig Ross (G) -not sure
NAJoe Payne (D)
2Richard Brindley (D)
3Elliott Johnson (D)
5Ricardo Santos (D)
13David Tutonda (D)
16Harry Taylor (D)
38Dwight Pascal (D)
7Ryan Watson (M)- not sure
12Jack Taylor (M)
14Simeon Akinola (M)
17Nana Kyei (M)
18Wesley Fonguck (M)
19Fumnaya Shomotun (M)
20Mauro Vilhete (M)
26Dan Sweeney (M)
23Alex Nicholls (F)
36Dave Tarpey (F)
37Benjamin Aghadiuno (F) -not sure
Justin Amalzour

That would mean the following (high wage players go):

Michael Nelson
8Curtis Weston (M)
9John Akinde (F)
11Shaquile Coulthirst (F)
25John-Louis Akpa Akpro (F)
BEE428

I would defo want to keep Akinde. A potential Akinde/ Tarpey front line would a huge advantage
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
#Beebot

barnet_pls wrote:There are 37 in our current first team squad. I we hold cut this to a max of 22.

That means we should keep the following 21 and add experienced - Striker, central midfielder, poss central defender.

1Jamie Stephens (G)
21Craig Ross (G) -not sure
NAJoe Payne (D)
2Richard Brindley (D)
3Elliott Johnson (D)
5Ricardo Santos (D)
13David Tutonda (D)
16Harry Taylor (D)
38Dwight Pascal (D)
7Ryan Watson (M)- not sure
12Jack Taylor (M)
14Simeon Akinola (M)
17Nana Kyei (M)
18Wesley Fonguck (M)
19Fumnaya Shomotun (M)
20Mauro Vilhete (M)
26Dan Sweeney (M)
23Alex Nicholls (F)
36Dave Tarpey (F)
37Benjamin Aghadiuno (F) -not sure
Justin Amalzour

That would mean the following (high wage players go):

Michael Nelson
8Curtis Weston (M)
9John Akinde (F)
11Shaquile Coulthirst (F)
25John-Louis Akpa Akpro (F)
I have doubts Stephens will play professional football again let alone be first choice next year.

If we jettison all experienced players on the grounds that they're "high wage" then we'll find ourselves in trouble I think.

It's hard to comment without knowing who's contracted and who isn't.
Norfolkbee

It needs a small, relatively small and experienced squad, because - unless the rules change this summer - the loan system can be employed at any time.
john dockers shorts

Like all of us on here we know nothing about football but doesn't stop us from theorising on next seasons team.

As I don't know anything about their contracts and if the players wanted to stay my 11 would consist of

New keeper
Tutonda - class
Sweeny - Centre back
Santos - Centre back
Brindley - We have a very good player

Akinola - pace & unpredictability
Weston - experienced energetic
CM - need a wizard to dictate play
Winger - need pace invention

Akinde - No explanation needed
Forward -?

What we lack is invention and a bit of artistry

I don't want to burst the Sweeney bubble but against poor opposition he was a yard behind play. He has shown what an excellent ball playing defender he is, imo unqualified opinion that is where he should play.

I just looked at who we play next year and their are loads of local ish games
jerroll

A lot will depend on how well Johnson and Tarpey recover from their injuries as we will have 2 of the best left backs in the league.Perhaps Tutonda could play as a left sided midfielder as he has decent attacking ability and a shot on him.
ninestein

We need to look at our squad an ask who has NL experience. Those are the players we need to build the side around. When you look at it there's plenty in there.

Ross
Johnson
Clough
Weston
Akinola
Vilhete
Sweeney
Akinde
Tarpey

The spine of the side is key. In Sweeney we now have the beast of a midfielder we could have done with on day 1 this season. Assuming we don't lose key players, we are lacking an experienced centre back to replace Nelson, a fit keeper to challenge Ross, and a creative midfielder.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

No to clough, agree all the others although Ross as no 2 keeper. Perhaps someone like Paul Robinson might do a job as the Nelson replacement although he is 36 which most people on here think is too old!!
Last edited by jerroll on 06 May 2018, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
becbee

Bearing in mind that the overall standard of opposition will be lower next season, the eleven who played yesterday should be capable of success in NL. If Tarpey and Johnson recover fully, plus the Taylor brothers, that's 15 players already.

There was logic in having all the young players this season but with the more flexible loan system next season, plus the fact that those players haven't progressed then we need a clear out. Even more so if MA stays as I doubt he'll play most of them.
Frods

For me you start with the following and then move on from there depending on how many of them you can keep. Goes without saying that anyone who is not interested in playing next season should leave. I think a number of the others I've left out should be good enough but the squad is bloated and tough decisions will have to be made.

Brindley
Johnson
Clough
Santos
Weston
Vilhete
Nicholls
Sweeney
J.Taylor
Akinola
Tarpey
Shaq
Akinde
Edd1

The big advantage we have next season is we are one of the few teams to have been relegated in recent years that is not a financial basket case. So I am hoping for an immediate and serious attempt at promotion. With that in mind I have the following thoughts.

First, lose the rose tinted specs. MA has, in recent games, got the most out of some very average players. There are a lot who while looking ok when playing against Chesterfield when Chesterfield have nothing to play for just weren't producing the goods earlier in the season. Even yesterday there were plenty of errors. We could easily have lost 4-3 but didn't because of some awful Chesterfield finishing. So I would get rid of the following as simply not good enough

Stephens
McKenzie-Lyle
Clough
Nelson (Not get rid, more a case of I assume he'll retire, if he doesn't retire then keep)
Blackman
Weston (controversial I know, but he gives the ball away far too easily)
Watson
Akinola
Bover
Kyie
Amazulor
Mars
Saul
Akpa-Akpro
Mason-Clarke
Nicholson
Cojocarel
Coker

The following are border line in my mind

Shomutun
Fonguck
H Taylor
Payne

All 4 are young, have shown some promise, not excelled but I think need that bit more time to prove themselves.

So that means keeping those 4 plus

Ross
Brindley
Tutonda
Johnson
Santos
Sweeney
J Taylor
Vilhete
Akinde
Coulhirst
Nicholls
Tarpey

I reckon we'll keep Tarpey. He had 60 mins of league football with no goals as experience and a long term inury to shake off. Can't see a league side coming in for him and why would we sell him to a potential promotion rival?

Realistically Akinde will go unless TK stumps up a shit ton of money to keep him.

Coulhirst I think will stay. No particular reason, just instinct.

We need 2 new brick shit house centre backs to give us something to chose between and that is what the team needs to be build on. Taylor and Sweeney in the middle. with Akinde and Tarpey up front could prove a beast of a spine of a team.
alexbach

PBBee wrote:I agree we have a good enough spine to do well in the league below - build the team around Sweeney.

Not sure what will happen up front as Tarpey could never be the same again, Akinde could go & I’m not sure Shawn would thrive in non league.

I’m sure so many higher clubs are after Bruno Andrade but if they stay down we should try & nick him. More likely he’ll go to league 1/2 though.
Bruno will do as I say as I taught him back in the day. QPR farmed him out on loan to a number of clubs. He seems happy, assuming he still lives at home. He has a sense of humour, laughed when I commented he won a penalty at Wrexham by diving. Think we would be wrong to assume Big John is leaving

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
#Beebot

Everyone's going to have different views. For me we should keep:

Ross
Brindley
Santos
Sweeney
Tutonda
Nicholls
J Taylor
Weston
Akinola
Vilhete
Sule
Payne
H Taylor
Shomotun
Cojocarel
Kyei
EMC
Tarpey
Pascal
Johnson
Fonguck

Release:
Stephens
Blackman
Bover
JLAA
Watson
Amaluzor
Day
Smith

Transfer list:
Clough
Nicholson
Mars
KML

Don't know:
Coker
Aghadiuno

Sell if money is right:
Akinde
Shaq

Retire/player-coach:
Nelson
Last edited by #Beebot on 06 May 2018, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.