Tarpey

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
LeftSideRun

Re: Tarpey

Gutted about this. Was so excited when we signed him. Awful luck.
Barnetchris

Im not a medical man but just thinking if he had just come off instead of trying to run it off whether the injury wouldn't have been so bad. but it obviously doesn't matter now
#Beebot

Psycho wrote:Best wishes to Tarpey for as quick a recovery as possible. Terrible when he's just packed in his job too.

However Maidenhead have done extremely well since they sold him. Beat Tranmere last night and are only four points off top spot. They must have a bit of money to spend in January if they're near the play-offs and really want to push for another promotion. Would their ground be up to football league standards?
My understanding is that they will be allowed in first season but must make gradual improvements in time for their second and third seasons or they will need a groundshare (Wycombe most likely I think).

They're doing very well given that they lined up without a recognised striker yesterday. Their only fit forward is Jake Hyde who didn't even start. He looked ok when he came on though but he's not the player he was for us.
kingpinfid

Oh dear. Poor bloke.

Can't help but feel that could be the end of his career as a full pro. I can't think of many Barnet players who've missed a whole season and come back to be a success.

Our injury record has been awful recently.
letchbee94

Gutted for him, I know it was only 1 game but he looked sharp exciting to watch at Swindon, was unlucky not score when his shot hit the bar.
Afrobee

I'm really sorry about this. Like many I was looking forward to seeing him play.
I just can't help wondering though....could the pitch condition in any way have contributed to this? How many knee injuries are Barnet players going to have to suffer before someone looks into this? I'm not one of those people who simply accepts that this is a coincidence and that "these things happen" If it's happening at a higher rate than any other Football League club then someone should be investigating it! Is it the pitch? Is it being over watered? Is it the footwear?

It just seems odd that a player like Tarpey having presumably coped well with the rough and tumble of non league for years on end suddenly gets a knee injury playing for Barnet FC?
Last edited by Afrobee on 13 Sep 2017, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
pgbee

How many injuries have happened at THL and how many away from home?
jamiefrbees

there is definitely something fishy going on with that pitch

this is such sad news it's hard to stomach. But I think we all knew it as soon it happened that it wasn't going to be a few weeks out.

Of course there are greater hardships in the world but this is really really cruel for him and he must be inconsolable at the moment
becbee

We only know that Johnson and Tarpey's injuries arose on the pitch. The other injuries could just as likely been in training.
Their injuries happened in different parts of the pitch so it's not a single bad area.

If the pitch is that bad, how come there haven't been more injuries? We haven't seen any opposition players stretchered or limping off?

I can't imagine that the club haven't looked into this ( they hardly want players out with long term bad injuries!!) but I suspect it's just horrible bad luck.
hoofer2

jamiefrbees wrote:there is definitely something fishy going on with that pitch

this is such sad news it's hard to stomach. But I think we all knew it as soon it happened that it wasn't going to be a few weeks out.

Of course there are greater hardships in the world but this is really really cruel for him and he must be inconsolable at the moment
If those "crop tops" really are GPS trackers, then perhaps they can be used to identify the injury hotspots for home and away teams @ the Hive pitch
jamiefrbees

what on earth are you talking about
beew

jamiefrbees wrote:what on earth are you talking about

http://performbetter.co.uk/product/catapult-vests/
mcleod23

Just seen Azeez for Cambridge has been pretty much ruled out for the season with a knee injury. Didn't he go off injured at The Hive last weekend resulting in them being down to 10 men?
jerroll

Azeez can do his rehab in the slammer !!
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1 ... t-cyclist/
Norfolkbee

Didn't the Luton manager raise concerns about the THL pitch?