Q+A Session

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: Q+A Session

alexbach wrote:Paul Fairclough enjoyed these evening, was entertaining and informative
fair play to the club for reintroducing them, and to rossi as well
the chairman normally contributed also
Perhaps it was MA who did not want them. Not sure he would have got further than discussing the merits of Sean Batt !
Guiseleybee

I think its a disgrace that this event is open to members only. Am I a member? No, why? because I live up north these days so get to many more away fixtures than i do home, so being a member doesn't make sense for me. But am I a 'proper' fan? Yes. I'd at least have liked the opportunity to attend if it had worked for me to get along with work commitments.

Hope someone would be kind enough to post some of the most interesting responses on here.

Cheers
ETBee

I am also not a member although I do attend over 20 games a season. I go to different parts of the ground depending upon who comes with me and their preferences (and income!). I wonder if the club could try one of these new fangled video machines and record the Q&A session.

You can send in a question even if you're not a member.
barnetpete

But there has to be benefits to those who are members... this is one of them.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
beew

barnetpete wrote:But there has to be benefits to those who are members... this is one of them.
Are season ticket holders who pay up front allowed to go?
GRH

barnetpete wrote:But there has to be benefits to those who are members... this is one of them.
Members get free entry. Why that stops the club charging non-members an admission fee I don't know.
Bee_Forever

It's hardly a disgrace is it.

The club is trying to boost members and this is one of the benefits of being one.

As previously mentioned with ticket offers etc the difference in price between members and non members is not that significant so offers like this make it more valuable to be a member.
hoppy

Surely the Club want as many fans to attend as possible?
More will be spent in the bar.
With the new kit being unveiled a great chance for sales of replica kits.

A one-off opportunity to sell the benefits of being a member to the non-member attendees.

I think the Club have missed an opportunity here.
Last edited by hoppy on 20 Jun 2017, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
hoofer2

hoppy wrote:Surely the Club want as many fans to attend as possible?
More will be spent in the bar.
With the new kit being unveiled a great chance for sales of replicar kits.
A one-off opportunity to sell the benefits of being a member to the non-member attendees.

I think the Club have missed an opportunity here.
I am a Hive member but agree 100% with this. This is a perfect opportunity to get a pre-season buzz
across the whole fanbase and look forward to the season ahead. What you don't want to do is to divide
fans before season has started.

Perhaps what could have been done is the members get free food/drink,
and non-members pay for food/drink but still get to attend the kit launch + Q+A.
Mikel Bee

Members will be paying near on £80 for May and June without any football so it's good the club put on events like this for the loyal members over the summer months.

Capacity might be an issue. Hypothetically, if all members turned up there'd be over a 1000 people in Pecking Order which might be why tickets haven't gone on general sale, though could always sell any free spaces on the day.
John Hunt

Where has it been said that non members cannot attend?

Contact the club. They listened to the suggestion regarding a Q&A. I am sure they will listen to this.

I bet they have not been oversubscribed for tickets.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
John Hunt

I have contacted the members desk on everyone's behalf.

As an aside Is it just me or is it a bit late for the Q&A at 10:00pm. This means i will miss the last 614 to Barnet if i stay for it!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
GRH

Mikel Bee wrote:Members will be paying near on £80 for May and June without any football so it's good the club put on events like this for the loyal members over the summer months.

Capacity might be an issue. Hypothetically, if all members turned up there'd be over a 1000 people in Pecking Order which might be why tickets haven't gone on general sale, though could always sell any free spaces on the day.
Thought it was being held in the bar under the North Stand with the food being supplied by Pecking Order?
hendon4bee wrote:Where has it been said that non members cannot attend?
One of the original articles made it clear that it was an invitation only open to Football, Gym and Hive members.
ETBee

Am I the only one but I somehow feel calling the bar after the 1966 World Cup win is a bit inappropriate, and ancient history. Trouble is I can't think of a suitable Bees' related success which would suit. I suppose it is generic enough when teams from all over the country (World?) visit the Hive. As the bar will be a hospitality suite I guess it won't be used for either away fans or home fans before games.

Good to see the Club developing though. They just have to work out how to turn the East side into a proper stand now! The ground will never look like a proper venue until that (and the South Terrace) are sorted. A job for creative architects.
hoofer2

ETBee wrote:Am I the only one but I somehow feel calling the bar after the 1966 World Cup win is a bit inappropriate, and ancient history. Trouble is I can't think of a suitable Bees' related success which would suit. I suppose it is generic enough when teams from all over the country (World?) visit the Hive. As the bar will be a hospitality suite I guess it won't be used for either away fans or home fans before games.

Good to see the Club developing though. They just have to work out how to turn the East side into a proper stand now! The ground will never look like a proper venue until that (and the South Terrace) are sorted. A job for creative architects.
The North Stand was also built with a different profile / seat angle too