Cambridge (Hive) This Match Thread dont need no edukation

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees

Re: Cambridge (Hive) This Match Thread dont need no edukatio

Poorest players for us were Hoyte and Batt, Gambin didn't really get going but otherwise I cant fault the team. The understanding on the right between Vilhete and Yiadom on the right is far too good to be ignored and I hope Allen noticed this. Dembele is absolutely awesome and I thought N'Gala covered well when even his superhuman effort wasn't enough.
barnet_pls

So first time I've seen the team this season + I thought we were unlucky not to win + given that people generally expect a mid-table finish, then that performance against a mid-table team seems about right. i thought they showed in the 1st half a much better level of ball possession and passing than many many of the teams we faced last season + the difference between Conference + L2 showed. Having said that - in the 2nd half + 2nd half of 1st half i thought we played rather well without totally dominating. The fact that their 2nd half shot which hit the bar, was the only thing that stephens had to do, shows how well we controlled the game + defended. I do though worry that we'll find teams hard to break down and struggle with goals if i) we continue to miss the chances we do create ii) vihlette, gambin, yiadom dont create more.

Of the new guys I thought that hoyte + yiadom have the makings of a great interchangability down the right. I also thought that gash made some very good passes - but not sure that's enough to keep his place. Would like to see more of Mclean . . . . .
BeesKnees

MajorBrownEye wrote:
canadabee wrote:Todays Att: 2406
That's fairly respectable, any idea how many they brought?
762 confirmed
EssexVillaBee

jerroll wrote:
becbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:Bad referee alert, its our old friend Nick Kinseley tomorrow - the man who sent sir off for having his elbow run into against wrexham a couple of years ago, added enough time on for Bristol Rovers to score at the memorial and who failed to make sure all the inflatable fish were off the pitch when we played Grimsby last season!!(oh and failed to give several clear pens to both teams at Kiddy last season!)
Seemingly though someone rates him if he's been promoted from Conference to L2 matches?
Well that is their opinion but i have seen him referee 9 of our games in the last 2 seasons and think he is a very poor official. Paul Fairclough rated Mark Robson as worthy of a promotion from a coach to a head coach and we all know how that turned out.
Yes - he got a job at Villa!
Workerbee

762 away fans. So only 1644 home fans.

In view of some of the criticisms aimed at TK and MA you could hardly blame them for feeling a bit discouraged by the lack of support the team gets. The glory days of 3000+ crowds in the Fry era might be long gone, but riding the crest of the wave following promotion they were probably hoping for something a bit better.
tomrose72

It's never been much clearer to me how much we're missing Luisma's creativity. Other than when Gambin came on against Northampton, there's just been a lack in flair. If only we could raise money to move Luisma's whole family over...
EBV_Bee

We're crap and our opponents are not much better.

Get used to a season of poor crowds and shite football.
BeesKnees

Rek: Cambridge (Hive) This Match Thread dont need no edukati

I predict the next home game will see a decent crowd. Not a bank holiday and against Stevenage.
lyonsdownbee

Workerbee wrote:762 away fans. So only 1644 home fans.

In view of some of the criticisms aimed at TK and MA you could hardly blame them for feeling a bit discouraged by the lack of support the team gets. The glory days of 3000+ crowds in the Fry era might be long gone, but riding the crest of the wave following promotion they were probably hoping for something a bit better.
That's your opinion not their's. I've been told the club are very happy at the size of our memberships at the Hive.
Workerbee

lyonsdownbee wrote:

That's your opinion not their's. I've been told the club are very happy at the size of our memberships at the Hive.
It is only my opinion, that's why I worded it as I did. IF they were disappointed I could understand why, that's all I was saying.
Mikel Bee

So, when was the last time we played out a 0-0 in a league game?
CrawleyBee

lyonsdownbee wrote:

Oh come on 1600 home fans is pathetic however you look at it. The team after last season deserve more.
Formerly Watfordbee
jerroll

Mikel Bee wrote:So, when was the last time we played out a 0-0 in a league game?
Welling home october 2013 18th game of that season so 78 games between 0-0's. Previous fl 0-0 was Dagenham h on good friday 2013!
Milkfloat

Be realistic. 1600 - 1700 home supporters is close to the norm for when we are in the league has not changed much for some considerable time. People hark back to the Fry era and the bigger crowds that we had then but that was only a short period and has been much exagerated. The numbers will pick up a bit in the autumn provided we are not doing too badly.

Incidentally, its clear to see why MA brought in McLean. Gash and Akinde and both good at holding the ball up and but I don't think they are great together. What we need is somone a bit nippier to feed off one or other of them. In addition, Akinde was great in the Conference but his close control lets him down at this level. He still good for League 2 but you can see why he might struggle higher up.
lyonsdownbee

watfordbee wrote:
lyonsdownbee wrote:

Oh come on 1600 home fans is pathetic however you look at it. The team after last season deserve more.
Well maybe you could take the time to 'look at it' as you sit on the 215 bus from Whetstone as it winds its merry way through leafy Totteridge down through Mill hill and Broadway,zig zags merrily through Burnt Oak and the Edgware Road leaving plenty of time for a lovely stroll up Camrose Avenue; if you still need some time.

Or on top off the 107 as it navigates Sterling Corner, idles through Borehamwood and southern Hertfordshire through Stamore before depositing you in Edgware. There a nice bus ride or a lovely further twenty minute walk in order to reflect.

If you still haven't worked it out you can do it all over again on the way home.
Trust me the club are more than happy at how solid our support has been over the last couple of years.