2015/16: Welcome to the Barnet PFYC Team Forum!

Forum for all Barnet players of the on-line football game

Moderator: torontobee

torontobee

2015/16: Welcome to the Barnet PFYC Team Forum!

<<2015/16 edit!>>

Welcome to this Barnet PFYC forum! All posts are welcome from players of all teams.

What is PFYC?

Play For Your Club is an online game where every supporter can play, score goals and help the Netbees win! Our team, made up of Barnet supporters, is in competition with other teams of supporters UK-wide and Europe-wide. As several team members have said, this is as close as most of us will ever get to playing for Barnet.

Our team has been playing at a high level since 2007, when PFYC "Classic" was running, we were in the top 3 UK teams and top 15 Europe-wide (the game was played by many big teams in Germany, Spain and France, among other countries).

There is no limit to the number of players, or to the amount of points any player can score, so the more the merrier – every point counts!

PFYC Competitions

Sadly, PFYC Classic was closed down in 2013 due to cost to operate relatively old software. There were 2 competitions - a UK weekly League, and a Europe- wide knockout competition. Barnet won the UK League no less than 60 times, and were Euro finalists twice. When time allows I will post up the final tables for the UK and all Euro Leagues (which include stats for past winners).

League 2

In 2009/10, a "new" PFYC game started - play for your club against your next actual rivals in the English League. All four English Leagues are available - Barnet of course now once again play in League Two. Unlike the time-limited UK and European championships, games last all week - from Sat 3pm - Sat 3pm (or Tuesday 7.45 if there is a midweek League game also).

The Netbees team won PFYC League Two in each year we played, i.e. up to 2012/13. We will have to see what happens this year!

League 2 link to play:
http://www.playforyourclub.com/league/two

Website

The old website closed down with the BFCSA site - only a remnant remains with the archived version. The Vital site has also largely closed down. However, playing tips from the BFCSA site are still available and are largely still relevant:
http://www.onlybarnet.com/bfcsa/pfyc/tips.htm

and there is still a video of the UK version where you can check out what a 100k+ UK game looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7NfYiiDsio

I will put up some of the old stats here when time allows. In the meantime, please post any thoughts or requests on this thread, or start a new thread on the forum.

Thanks. Welcome!
X-Bumble

Re: Welcome to the Barnet PFYC Team Forum

I just followed your link to their game page, but it only shows real-life/proper leagues on there?

Where do you sign up and join for the Bees?
torontobee

Welcome X-Bumble!

This section needs some updating, unfortunately the "Classic" version of the game has now been discontinued and we are left with simply the League Two version. The "Classic" version had weekly leagues that were very popular, however the company that ran the game decided it was too expensive to continue to provide for the cost of the running the "old" site.

The link above for League Two is still live, however the L2 version mirrors actual fixtures. Hence, there won't be a new game "live" starting until about a week before the new season actually starts in August.

If you would like to practice there are related solo games like "Jumpers for Goalposts" - let me know and I will post some links.

Hello to torontobee and every other Barnet player!

333/FC Schalke 04/West Brom/Leyton Orient

We are still missing classic pfyc. :(
torontobee

Hi Claudia! Good to hear from you!

Yes, the person I spoke to last year at Mousebreaker seems to have left, and a request for new Leagues has gone unanswered again. The Mousebreaker site in general seems to have gone downhill somewhat - the new owner seems to want everything to work remotely without any staff being involved. Not the same as PFYC Classic.

At least they did a couple of minor fixes last year, with the second page of the scorers now being shown. I notice you had some kind of monitor created - is there a version for League Two? Our team will be back, will have to see how out of practice we have got!

I see a few German players are still involved (West Brom / Wolves) - how many are still playing regularly?

All the best! This site will be back posting fairly regularly, so please drop in any time.

Re: 2015/16: Welcome to the Barnet PFYC Team Forum!

Hi Brian,

we noticed those modifications.
They are helpful.

Yes, we have got a programm, which is adding our scores and is showing the top 30 scorer.

Some of our players are also playing for Leyton Orient.

We asked our programmer to develop a beo for Leyton Orient.
I will publish the link, when we get that programm in this forum:
http://pfyc-forum.phpbb8.de/portal
I hope, that the beo will include the addition of your scores and of all the other teams in League One too.

There are still 4-10 playing regularly for West Brom and 1-5 playing for Leyton Orient.
But there are fewer and fewer players. It is not the same playing for an English club as for your own team.

Here you can find our forum:
http://www.pfyc-schalke.de/

Best wishes!
torontobee

Thanks so much Claudia! Great that you have still have a forum going, especially with no German league seemingly likely,

The beo definitely helps - really appreciate the link. I don't think the newer MB staff even know what it is, so had no reason to block it (i.e. they restored page two of the high scores)

I will re-publish some of our old data when I have time. Keep in touch!

What is going on with mousebreaker and playforyourclub?
torontobee

No idea. I have written e-mails and also Facebook posts, they are not responding.

The people I knew there have left - there may not be anyone left who knows what to do?? We can only keep trying. It is possible they forgot the League season starts earlier than the Premier season.

Perhaps there is no one who knows how to change the teams that promoted to a higher league etc.