Season 2014/15 Highlights Thread

A store of useful information
becbee

Re: Season 2014/15 Highlights Thread

dawat wrote: Final point. For all those fans who wanted us to progress in the FA Trophy, do you still think our players would have been able to perform successfully in the Trophy and the remainder of the league games? Just a thought.
It was obvious to everybody who went on Sunday that Lincoln was a game too far. Lincoln's New Year's Day fixture had been postponed, if they'd also been playing their 4th match in 11 days we'd have had a fairer contest. Two tired sides instead of one tired side and one fresh one.

The last thing our players needed would have been a trip to Hemel Hempstead on Saturday. Well done MA!
jerroll

' The last thing our players needed would have been a trip to Hemel Hempstead on Saturday. Well done MA! '

How do you know, some players might actually be unhappy that they have to wait 13 days until their next game of football. Especially those who didn't play on sunday.
becbee

Well, having to wait 13 days will whet their appetite won't it? Better that way than looking as jaded and second best as they did on Sunday.
jerroll

No, people will be saying how rusty we look at Grimsby like we were in the first half v Chester after 2 weeks off!
Our first team played 9 fa cup ties, 1 Trophy game, 1 Bob lord trophy & 4 herts senior cup games in 1990/91 and it didn't stop us from winning the league.
Last edited by jerroll on 07 Jan 2015, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
BeesKnees

I suspect this time players won't be allowed to go and visit relatives abroad.
PBBee

kingoffootball wrote:
dawat wrote:The defending for all the goals was not good. The first two goals let Lincoln have far too much time to shoot without their players being closed down properly. The third goal seemed as if our players just didn't have the energy or desire (or both) to get back and mark their attacking players. Or defence was pulled over to their left which allowed at least 3 of their players to be left unmarked in the penalty area. Their last goal was a turn of our defender and tap past Stack, all far too easy.
No doubt tiredness played a part in the players performance, and if he is honest then Stack would admit that it wasn't one of his better days. Whilst I would not blame him for the goals, on another day I am sure he would have stopped at least 2 of them.
Ah well, let's have a good rest over the next two weeks and come out all guns blazing from the start at our next game. These things happen even to the best teams - think of Barcelona at the last Champions League Final - so let's just call it a bad day at the office, learn from the experience and make sure it doesn't happen again this season.
Final point. For all those fans who wanted us to progress in the FA Trophy, do you still think our players would have been able to perform successfully in the Trophy and the remainder of the league games? Just a thought.
One problem with highlights is they take the goals out of their context. Whilst all the goals could have been defended better, the third goal, for example, was very soon after Elliot went off injured and we hadn't re-organised. At that point, Andy Yiadom had switched to LB and Hunt was slotting in to RB, but soon after they swapped to allow Yids back to RB. So that's why there was no-one there on the right side at that point. We could have defended better, but it rare the oppositions punishes you from such a high percentage of their chances.

I'm still not sure why the push on Elliot in the build up to their first goal wasn't given.
:shock: :shock: I've only just noticed the footer you've now got Kingoffootball!

I had a quick search and I notice that I made this rash promise last year if Dani Lopez signed permanently - luckily this didn't happen (especially after his form when he returned).
ShankBee

PBBee wrote:
kingoffootball wrote:
dawat wrote:The defending for all the goals was not good. The first two goals let Lincoln have far too much time to shoot without their players being closed down properly. The third goal seemed as if our players just didn't have the energy or desire (or both) to get back and mark their attacking players. Or defence was pulled over to their left which allowed at least 3 of their players to be left unmarked in the penalty area. Their last goal was a turn of our defender and tap past Stack, all far too easy.
No doubt tiredness played a part in the players performance, and if he is honest then Stack would admit that it wasn't one of his better days. Whilst I would not blame him for the goals, on another day I am sure he would have stopped at least 2 of them.
Ah well, let's have a good rest over the next two weeks and come out all guns blazing from the start at our next game. These things happen even to the best teams - think of Barcelona at the last Champions League Final - so let's just call it a bad day at the office, learn from the experience and make sure it doesn't happen again this season.
Final point. For all those fans who wanted us to progress in the FA Trophy, do you still think our players would have been able to perform successfully in the Trophy and the remainder of the league games? Just a thought.
One problem with highlights is they take the goals out of their context. Whilst all the goals could have been defended better, the third goal, for example, was very soon after Elliot went off injured and we hadn't re-organised. At that point, Andy Yiadom had switched to LB and Hunt was slotting in to RB, but soon after they swapped to allow Yids back to RB. So that's why there was no-one there on the right side at that point. We could have defended better, but it rare the oppositions punishes you from such a high percentage of their chances.

I'm still not sure why the push on Elliot in the build up to their first goal wasn't given.
:shock: :shock: I've only just noticed the footer you've now got Kingoffootball!

I had a quick search and I notice that I made this rash promise last year if Dani Lopez signed permanently - luckily this didn't happen (especially after his form when he returned).
http://onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8822

???? Seems' it was made a bit more recently...
kingoffootball

Yeah, I saw it on the above thread and thought it might be something worth keeping in mind.

Don't worry, you can relax if we lose to Grimsby in two weeks. If not, you can start getting jumpy.
Three-time Conference champions
PBBee

Haha - yeah I meant to put ''that I ALSO made this rash promise...''!

I hope this doesn't turn into the TK long hair saga from 10 years ago! We can afford 1 defeat can't we :?: :?:
ShankBee

Personally I hope to see you Masuka running naked down Barnet high St in May...
PBBee

ShankBee wrote:Personally I hope to see you Masuka running naked down Barnet high St in May...
You haven't seen me naked!!!
BaninBee

PBBee wrote:
ShankBee wrote:Personally I hope to see you Masuka running naked down Barnet high St in May...
You haven't seen me naked!!!
*yet
becbee

This sounds like a good idea for a B2B fundraiser. Supporters all pledging money to join the B2B naked race down Barnet High St.
Masuka has to race there and back again to make up for keeping us all waiting for so long.

By the way, I won't take part but I'd come along to watch!!!
ShankBee

Others maybe but I'm not paying any money for Masuka to do his naked run. Similarly I'm not paying any money to watch First Half Only eat a hat.