Problems and Improvements

Raise any problems you are having with the boards/other technical issues.
Admin
Site Admin

Problems and Improvements

Please post here any problems you are having using the forums or anything you think may in any way improve them.

*Problems already noted*
Having to scroll horizontally to read messages when in 100% view.
White text against yellow background difficult to read.
Macclesfield forum links to Morecambe
mduffy_918

Re: Problems and Improvements

How can I change my user name?
Moonchild_Bee

mduufy_918 wrote:How can I change my user name?
Sent you a PM.
mduffy_918

That would be great thanks Moonchild_Bee
Moonchild_Bee

Is that OK? Presume that's what you were after!
torontobee

Just to repeat a suggestion from the other thread:

Would actually suggest we develop ideas for a variety of sub-forums - most boards these days have several. You have Away Travel already. We could add/amend:
e.g. Barnet First team talk; Barnet Women's / Youth team talk; General Football talk; Non-Football talk; etc. PFYC could be one of the sub-forum options, no problem.
Moonchild_Bee

torontobee wrote:Just to repeat a suggestion from the other thread:

Would actually suggest we develop ideas for a variety of sub-forums - most boards these days have several. You have Away Travel already. We could add/amend:
e.g. Barnet First team talk; Barnet Women's / Youth team talk; General Football talk; Non-Football talk; etc. PFYC could be one of the sub-forum options, no problem.
Hi TB, great to have you on board. I agree - before anything is rushed into, would be great to have everyone's opinion.

My personal opinion is that everyone tends to focus on the main board, so not so many separate football forums - also I wonder if we need an away travel forum without BFC SA representation (which would be nice?).

Here are some popular otehr forums for ideas: http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/ and going the other way with no sub-boards: http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/

Maybe: Barnet FC 1st Team / Women & Youth / Off Topic / IT & board issues (incorporating Banned Users :twisted: ) / PFYC and should we get BFCSA & Reckless on board - BFCSA inc. away travel / Prediction League 2011/2012
Mikel Bee

Users can now add their own avatars to their profile. Go to User Control panel > Profile > Edit Avatar

A few other forums would be nice but don't want to go overkill simply because people just wont post in them. One for local events and issues such as the Barnet Museum problem could be useful.
shmulib

thanks for the new board
Frods

Feel free to shoot this one down.

How about an off topic forum? Basically all Barnet chat in one, everything else in another
buzzlightyear

Just a couple of ideas...

1. A welcome forum for new users to say hi.

2. When following links a new page opens.

3. Maybe have this thread on sticky?

:)
Monsieur Abeille

Agree you dont want too many football-related forums. As previously suggested a Supporters Club, an Off Topic, as well as the Prediction League when thats tempted across.

You could also have an alter-ego forum so that he can sit and chat with himself (without access to the normal forums of course).
Last edited by Monsieur Abeille on 24 Jan 2011, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
LeicesterBee

Mikel Bee wrote:Users can now add their own avatars to their profile. Go to User Control panel > Profile > Edit Avatar
I am struggling to add my avatar - everytime I try to browse and download a picture it fails.

Might it have anything to do with fact I am using Mozilla Firefox and not IE??
Mikel Bee

buzzlightyear wrote:Just a couple of ideas...

1. A welcome forum for new users to say hi.

2. When following links a new page opens.

3. Maybe have this thread on sticky?

:)
Noted. Have fixed links at the top of the page to open in a new tab, will hopefully have external links in posts also working soon.
LeicesterBee wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:Users can now add their own avatars to their profile. Go to User Control panel > Profile > Edit Avatar
I am struggling to add my avatar - everytime I try to browse and download a picture it fails.

It should work with Mozilla. Right click and "Save image as..." and you should then be able to upload the saved image via your control panel. The image must be no larger than 150x150 pixels. There was a website posted on another thread that can help you resize images. If you need any help PM me.

Has anyone else been experiencing the problem of having to log back in every so often, even if you don't navigate away from the boards?.
Monsieur Abeille

LeicesterBee wrote:

Hi Leicester, I'm using Firefox and uploaded successfgully,

Probably reasons for failure are the picture is too large - either dimensionwise (150x150pixels), or filesize bigger than 6Kb. If struggling with the filesize try saving as a GIF rather than a JPG - couldnt get my picture under 9k as a JPG but its about 4Kb as a GIF.