Problems and Improvements

Raise any problems you are having with the boards/other technical issues.
Mikel Bee

Re: Problems and Improvements

These problems have been due to the hosting company of this website. The site also went down a short while ago which they say was a region wide issue with one of their European servers. I've asked them to up the bandwidth but if problems continue and I can afford it I'll be switching company.
barnetdw

Seems that when you click on 'First unread post' at the top of the thread that it takes you to page 2 of the thread even if there are unread ones on page 1? Definitely wasn't doing it before...

Cheers, thought I'd let you know.
barnetdw

Still happening.... definite 'feature' of using the board for me at least....
becbee

Probably too late to matter but I went to use your useful link to other clubs forums to see what the Burton fans were saying about tomorrow but there isn't a link ( you've got everybody else!!!).
Mikel Bee

Hi Becbee.

I've only got links to forums which are publicly accessible without registration. Burton don't have one but if you don't mind registering you can go here.

http://magicdragon.proboards.com/index.cgi?
becbee

Thanks Mikel. 22 out of the other 23 is pretty good going anyway.
Golf Delta

This board is getting slower and slower...

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\6972539\html\forum\includes\utf\utf_normalizer.php on line 13

:sos:
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
bucks bee

Very minor quibble re your wholly brilliant messageboard: you haven't yet altered the time to reflect British Summer Time.
Golf Delta

bucks bee wrote:Very minor quibble re your wholly brilliant messageboard: you haven't yet altered the time to reflect British Summer Time.
Control Panel / Board Preferences / Timezone - change to UTC +1
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
bucks bee

That's too technically challenging for me, Graham. I'll just arrive one hour late for every discussion.
Golf Delta

bucks bee wrote:That's too technically challenging for me, Graham. I'll just arrive one hour late for every discussion.
Well get one of your children to explain to you how to do it, David!
pauln50

Every now and again even though I tick the box to log in I am not listed on the visitors list. I then try to log in again but it does not recognise my password. I get sent a replacement but this only works until I have to log in again, how do I change my password to one I can remember as I can find no account for me?
Doyley

Any chance of a swear filter like the last board please ?
Mikel Bee

pauln50 wrote:Every now and again even though I tick the box to log in I am not listed on the visitors list. I then try to log in again but it does not recognise my password. I get sent a replacement but this only works until I have to log in again, how do I change my password to one I can remember as I can find no account for me?
Hi Paul. Make sure your browser allows cookies. To change your password, go to the User Control Panel and click on the "Profile" tab and then "edit account settings".

Doyley, as long as it does not become excessive, we plan not to filter swearing at the moment. If you are unhappy with a post, you can use the exclamation mark button to report it to a mod and it will be looked into.
Golf Delta

Board is very slow again, same as yesterday. I keep getting this error message -

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\6972539\html\forum\includes\cache.php on line 371