Save The Bees

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: Save The Bees

Thanks Jimbokav1971 for chucking a few more into the mix. Between us we had some moderate success.
The only winner was STATIC JACK at 9/2, and we had four 3rd places, TWISTON SHOUT at 16/1, ADMIRAL BRIAN at 12/1, GIVE HIM TIME at 9/1 and REGULATION at 10/1.

Today we have six runners.
3.20 Market Rasen JACKTHEJOURNEYMAN 7/2
4.20 Redcar SAVE THE BEES 16/1
4.30 Market Rasen BARRY'S JACK 9/2
5.40 Market Rasen DUFFY ALLEN 6/1
5.50 Cork NANA JOAN 5/2
6.10 APACHE JACK 33/1

If you see any others please feel free to post them on here.
Best of luck.
hoppy

NANA JOAN was the only one in the frame yesterday, 3rd at 9/4.

Today YOUNG TOM is our only runner. He's in the 2.10 at Southwell, odds of 7/2.
Best of luck.
Jimbokav1971

I know this isn't Barnet related, but as anyone who frequents this thread is obviously at least a little bit interested in betting, I thought I would share something with you.

I like a bet, but I am in no way a big gambler.

I usually just bet small amounts, often a £1 stake. I'm in it more for the enjoyment than the cash if that makes sense, (but free cash is nice too).

So anyway, I am participating in this thing where you start off with a £10 stake and you have to turn it into £1,000 through betting. It's obviously not easy or everyone would be doing it and there would be lots of poor bookies, (never met one in my life), so it's at least a challenge.

I've been going a few months and I have got up to £250 a few times, but never £260+

My stake size stayed at £1 until I had £100+ in the kitty, and now it's £10 per bet.

So today I was looking through who was playing football tonight and I was creating a couple of acca's'. My style is a minimum of a 5 Team Acca and rather than Home, draw or away, I reduce the pdds and try for a DrawNoBet or DoubleChance, (which includes the draw). So basically with both of these, although the profits are lower, if my choice draws I don't lose the Acca. I only lose the Acca if 1 of my selections actually lose.

So I was looking through who was playing tonight and put on my 1st bet, (which lost).

As I was starting to create my 2nd Acca I saw that there was a Serbian team called Mladost Lucani who play in the Serbian Super Liga and despite being at home, against a team below them in the league, their price to win was 12/1.

12/1 is a ridiculous price for teams in the same league never mind the home team against a team below them in the table. I assumed that either they had loads of suspensions or injuries or something but after some investigation I couldn't see any reason for it and even if they played their reserves, 12/1 still wasn't a proper price.

So I stuck £10 on DrawNoBet at 7/1, (so if it's a draw then I get my money back, if they win I get £80 back and if they lose I get nothing back), and went to cook dinner. While cooking, I found a suggestion on twitter that the silly price was related to match-fixing in some way so I fully expected to lose my £10, especially when they conceded a goal after about 15 minutes. Well they fought back to win 3-2 and I won £70.

There is obviously something going on with the odds, so anyone who is interested in a little football bet, please feel free to just keep an eye on Mladost Lucani.

Apologies if this is a little too off-topic for this thread, but I just thought I would share.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
hoppy

Great bit of punting Jim. There are opportunities out there to fleece the bookies.Enjoy your winnings and please keep sharing your successes with us.

Yesterday YOUNG TOM was a very close 2nd (5/2).
Today several to choose from.
First off in the 3.15 at Cheltenham ITSAFREEBEE is back in action (10/1).
Then it's over to Wolverhampton where five of our stable are racing.
5.45 ALLENS FOLLY (50/1)
6.15 BAZWIND (8/1)
7.15 ANONYMOUS JOHN (7/1)
7.45 ZABEEL STAR (10/1)
8.45 GAMBINO (10/1)

Best of luck.
hoppy

So, two 10/1 winners yesterday! Well done to ANONYMOUS JOHN and ZABEEL STAR and, of course, to anyone who backed them.

It's over to Tipperary for our only runner today. In the 8.10 AA BEE SEE is a 7/2 chance. This nag won well in its last race and could well oblige again today.
Best of luck.
hoppy

AA BEE SEE was a non-runner yesterday.
Today we have five to consider.
First off in the 2.00 at Newbury is ADMIRAL SPICE a 20/1 chance.
Then two go in the 7.15 at Southwell, CHAMPION CHASE (9/2) and PRETTY RECKLESS (20/1).
In the 7.35 at Kilbeggan STONEWALL JACK has current odds of 5/1.
Our final opportunity to fleece the bookies comes in the 8.55 at Dundalk where DARK AMBER goes off at 25/1.
Best of luck.
MCB

2 years ago I came across Matched Betting, and subsequently used it to pay for a family holiday at no risk. I was amazed how easy it was to rack up money (with free bets, Cashback etc). However, once you reach a point (normally about £1000) then it gets more complicated, and you're likely to make errors,so I stopped.

If you're able to 'stop' and havn't opened up many different accounts, it's worth looking at.

The betting i've done on this thread has all been down to the £10 free bets the companies have thrown at me trying to work out why i've suddenly stopped betting, but that's all been lost rather rapidly as i've been betting on names rather than sensibly :D
kingpinfid

Jimbokav1971 wrote:I know this isn't Barnet related, but as anyone who frequents this thread is obviously at least a little bit interested in betting, I thought I would share something with you.

I like a bet, but I am in no way a big gambler.

I usually just bet small amounts, often a £1 stake. I'm in it more for the enjoyment than the cash if that makes sense, (but free cash is nice too).

So anyway, I am participating in this thing where you start off with a £10 stake and you have to turn it into £1,000 through betting. It's obviously not easy or everyone would be doing it and there would be lots of poor bookies, (never met one in my life), so it's at least a challenge.

I've been going a few months and I have got up to £250 a few times, but never £260+

My stake size stayed at £1 until I had £100+ in the kitty, and now it's £10 per bet.

So today I was looking through who was playing football tonight and I was creating a couple of acca's'. My style is a minimum of a 5 Team Acca and rather than Home, draw or away, I reduce the pdds and try for a DrawNoBet or DoubleChance, (which includes the draw). So basically with both of these, although the profits are lower, if my choice draws I don't lose the Acca. I only lose the Acca if 1 of my selections actually lose.

So I was looking through who was playing tonight and put on my 1st bet, (which lost).

As I was starting to create my 2nd Acca I saw that there was a Serbian team called Mladost Lucani who play in the Serbian Super Liga and despite being at home, against a team below them in the league, their price to win was 12/1.

12/1 is a ridiculous price for teams in the same league never mind the home team against a team below them in the table. I assumed that either they had loads of suspensions or injuries or something but after some investigation I couldn't see any reason for it and even if they played their reserves, 12/1 still wasn't a proper price.

So I stuck £10 on DrawNoBet at 7/1, (so if it's a draw then I get my money back, if they win I get £80 back and if they lose I get nothing back), and went to cook dinner. While cooking, I found a suggestion on twitter that the silly price was related to match-fixing in some way so I fully expected to lose my £10, especially when they conceded a goal after about 15 minutes. Well they fought back to win 3-2 and I won £70.

There is obviously something going on with the odds, so anyone who is interested in a little football bet, please feel free to just keep an eye on Mladost Lucani.

Apologies if this is a little too off-topic for this thread, but I just thought I would share.
Very interesting. Perhaps a huge amount of money went on the away side, which forced the odds out massively on the home team, as the bookies tried to balance their books. Or perhaps it was just a balls-up on their part.

I see that Mladost Lučani are away to the club who are bottom of their half of the league (it seems to split in two as happens in Scotland) on Sunday, but still a very reasonable 85/40 to win. Tempting.
hoppy

STONEHALL JACK was the only one in the frame yesterday finishing 2nd at 7/1.

Today in the 2.15 at Limerick L'AMBRE GRIS goes at odds of 100/1.
In the 3.40 at Newbury BIG BAZ has big odds of 50/1.
JACK FLASH is a 20/1 chance in the 4.05 at Thirsk.
And HADLEY is a more modest 7/1 in the 5.50 at Thirsk.
Best of luck
Jimbokav1971

MCB wrote:2 years ago I came across Matched Betting, and subsequently used it to pay for a family holiday at no risk. I was amazed how easy it was to rack up money (with free bets, Cashback etc). However, once you reach a point (normally about £1000) then it gets more complicated, and you're likely to make errors,so I stopped.
Matched Betting?

Would you care to go into more detail?
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
MCB

Jimbokav1971 wrote:
MCB wrote:2 years ago I came across Matched Betting, and subsequently used it to pay for a family holiday at no risk. I was amazed how easy it was to rack up money (with free bets, Cashback etc). However, once you reach a point (normally about £1000) then it gets more complicated, and you're likely to make errors,so I stopped.
Matched Betting?

Would you care to go into more detail?
Too complicated for me, but this is a great starting point: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... l?t=325861

Basically, it's taking advantage of the free bets that the zillions of bookmakers offers you to run two opposing bets using exchanges so you can't lose. Theonly thing i'd add (apart from read in depth, and don't do anything you don't understand) is that the cash bonuses you get from Quidco or Topcashback really bump up the money you can make (keep careful track of it - I had a dedicated account so I knew how much I was making).

I was mainly betting on lower league football as there seemed to be greater opportunities, but obviously horse racing will be the way to go over summer.
hoppy

A couple of pick-ups for you each-way punters yesterday, JACK FLASH 3rd at 16/1 and HADLEY 4th at 10/1.

Three today.
JACK SNIPE is 2/1 in the 2.00 at Stratford.
JACK LAMB is 33/1 in the 4.20 at Wetherby and
THE INVISIBLE DOG is 7/1 in the 5.25 at Navan.
Best of luck.
hoppy

Only JACK SNIPE (3rd at 7/2) made the frame yesterday.

Four runners today.
2.00 Pontefract BEE MACHINE 12/1
4.25 Navan ANOTHER BATT 100/1 (PS There is another one. I used to know their sister Amanda)
5.20 Kempton SGT RECKLESS 9/4
7.45 Windsor GO AMBER GO

Best of luck
hoppy

Well done to GO AMBER GO a 5/1 winner. That covered the losses on the other three.

Today it's just got to be a win-double.
In the 2.35 at Ludlow ACCORDING TO HARRY (13/8) and in the 4.40 also at Ludlow CRAZY JACK (6/1).
Best of luck.
hoppy

ACCORDING TO HARRY was a 2/1 WINNER!!!!!
CRAZY JACK was 4th.

Today,BEEVES starts us off in the 3.35 at Perth. Current odds 6/1.
Then, in the 5.05 at Catterick NELSON'S BAY goes at 2/1.we then have three "Jacks", MILBURN JACK (9/2) in the 5.20 at Lingfield, JETSTREAM JACK (9/1) in the 6.40 at Punchestown and CRACK ON JACK (20/1) in the 7.40 at Exeter.
Best of luck.