Biggest budget for some years..

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
buzzingbeebee

Re: Biggest budget for some years..

why can't the hive turnover be used to increase the salary budget?
northantsbee

djhdjh wrote:
northantsbee wrote:So big is our transfer budget that we could not offer enough wages to keep Devera. I think Sanchez is wrong to mention that he would not be looking for a replacement, surely he should be looking to improve all positions where possible.
Against Swindon, who had a top half L1 budget last season?

Anyway, good to see the great Stimson apologist at it again.

Stimson apologist? I think you've confused me with someone else
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
Mikel Bee

northantsbee wrote:
djhdjh wrote:
northantsbee wrote:So big is our transfer budget that we could not offer enough wages to keep Devera. I think Sanchez is wrong to mention that he would not be looking for a replacement, surely he should be looking to improve all positions where possible.
Against Swindon, who had a top half L1 budget last season?

Anyway, good to see the great Stimson apologist at it again.

Stimson apologist? I think you've confused me with someone else
Fear not northants, I think djh was referring to the author of this thread.
let_it_bee

JD was a good defender but not the best by a long way
I think I'd have to disagree on that one. Ok, he had a dodgy first half of the season playing at right back, but towards the end, once he was playing in his natural position, I can't recall seeing a better defender in League 2.
jamiefrbees

Dear oh dear won't some of you get over it?

I'm also a Fairclough apologist by this token so please amend.

I think both have a right to feel envious of Lawrie having more money to spend.

F**king poet 'n all me
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
GRH

buzzingbeebee wrote:why can't the hive turnover be used to increase the salary budget?
Because they are two seperate companies, even though they both have the same parent. In the same way that another company in the group going into administration wouldn't by default mean that the club is.

That's not to say that if The Hive became really succesful that it couldn't sponsor, or find some other way to transfer funds from one company to another. However, as far as I'm aware, consolidating turnover for the purpose of inflating the transfer budget wouldn't be allowed, although I'm happy to be corrected by someone with a definitive answer.
Anthony

GRH wrote:
buzzingbeebee wrote:why can't the hive turnover be used to increase the salary budget?
Because they are two seperate companies, even though they both have the same parent. In the same way that another company in the group going into administration wouldn't by default mean that the club is.

That's not to say that if The Hive became really succesful that it couldn't sponsor, or find some other way to transfer funds from one company to another. However, as far as I'm aware, consolidating turnover for the purpose of inflating the transfer budget wouldn't be allowed, although I'm happy to be corrected by someone with a definitive answer.
According to the TK Q and A,at http://www.barnetfc.com/page/ChairmansQ ... 31,00.html we can spend the Hive money:

"Due to squad budgeting regulations in Football League 2 we can only spend revenue on the team that we generate so investments in things like our new Starbucks coffee shop or the pitch bookings at the Hive will start to filter through to the first team budget."

and again a bit later

"Football League 2 operates a squad budgeting system where we are only allowed to spend 60% of our turnover on players and due to our small crowd and lack of commercial facilities our income is very low and our budget one of the lowest in the division. The Hive will help us overcome this problem... we will be able to boost our income from the revenue the site generates"

So by hook or crook, we can spend the money. :)
GRH

Anthony wrote:
GRH wrote:

According to the TK Q and A,at http://www.barnetfc.com/page/ChairmansQ ... 31,00.html we can spend the Hive money:

"Due to squad budgeting regulations in Football League 2 we can only spend revenue on the team that we generate so investments in things like our new Starbucks coffee shop or the pitch bookings at the Hive will start to filter through to the first team budget."

and again a bit later

"Football League 2 operates a squad budgeting system where we are only allowed to spend 60% of our turnover on players and due to our small crowd and lack of commercial facilities our income is very low and our budget one of the lowest in the division. The Hive will help us overcome this problem... we will be able to boost our income from the revenue the site generates"

So by hook or crook, we can spend the money. :)
Interesting. Although it doesn't specifically say that the turnover can be used, so perhaps it is more that profits will be used to pass money to the club. :unkw:
buzzlightyear

I guess the revenue from the Hive is part of turnover is what it means.