MK Dongs friendly

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
boots

MK Dongs friendly

Apart from the fact that it might bring a few quid in, why has the club agreed to host the Bletchley Stealers? Personally I won't be attending, if only to avoid seeing that c*** in the cowboy gear who turned up last time they came to Underhill to cheat their way to 3 points. That aside, just seems surprising given the fact that our manager was a symbolic player for the actual Dons, has spoken of his dislike for Wankelman and Franchise, and was involved in getting the trophies returned to Wimbledon. My belief is that no club should ever agree friendlies with them or help legitimise them in any way.
PBBee

Re: MK Dongs friendly

Forgot about the Sanchez link. Surprised we agreed to it to be honest actually.
chrisbeale

I don't think that not attending is the way forward. Surely it would be better if more supporters turn up, out-sing the MK Dons fans and hope that we beat them! Also, the club needs the money from the gate receipts, so the more people turn up the better!
Moonchild_Bee

Yeh, didn't want to make a thing at the time, but surprised no-one made a comment earlier.

Won't be there. Am also surprised with the Sanchez link.
Joss

Half of the gate money will go to MK Dons. If you are against their existence, it'd be best not to go at all. Outsinging their customers will hardly bother the club if you're lining their pockets.
johnp

I shant be going as i never agreed with MK Dons.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
letchbee94

Get over it

The games at Underhill anyway so it not as if you are going to MK and giving them money.

Those who are not going simply because it is MK dons are simply doing Barnet fc out of money.

So like I said at start get over it and go to Underhill and put money into OUR club.
wonderbee

letchbee94 wrote:Get over it

The games at Underhill anyway so it not as if you are going to MK and giving them money.

Those who are not going simply because it is MK dons are simply doing Barnet fc out of money.

So like I said at start get over it and go to Underhill and put money into OUR club.
In fairness, you'd be giving Barnet just as much money as if it was at Stadium MK or Underhill if the gate reciepts are split.

I agree though. It's throwing out the baby with the bathwater, denying Barnet some much needed cash just because MK Dons are going to see a proportion of it.

Of course, it's a friendly, and very few people will go anyway, but I'd be interested to see what the reaction would be if we'd got them in the Carling Cup, say, or the JPT. The FSF boycott has been called off, and I think MK Dons have gone a long way towards legitimising themselves in the past few years. Personally I haven't had anything against them since MA left, in no small part to their fans being a decent bunch considering.
Donal

Hi - MK Dons supporter here - am looking forward to the friendly and seeing Izale again. What did you think of Jude? It's a shame he's not coming back to us but I wish him well at County. Maybe I'll get loads of abuse for posting on your forum but in any event all the best for the forthcoming season
buzzlightyear

Well I guess you must be disappointed not to have had any abuse!
Donal

The abuse does seem to be getting less as the years go on!! Didn't come on here to get into any slanging match - I