Programmes

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ricardobee

Programmes

I have numerous old Bees programmes that my beloved wife has deemed should be found a new home. Anybody want them?

The majority are from seasons 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10 (about 120 in all) and there are just a few from earlier seasons.

There are also some team sheets that go with these programmes.

I do not want anything for them, but obviously I would like them to go to a new or old Bees supporter, so anybody with a Bees membership or season ticket will get priority.

If you're interested just respond to this topic.
Reckless

Re: Programmes

Go on just give them away......have you any idea how much work we have put into those things?
ricardobee

I forgot to add that most of them include pieces of literary art and prose, written by certain esteemed authors, whose names at this time have slipped my mind.

I trust you are well Tony?
Dave H

I'm afraid I don't have space for them all but I'm a bit anal about getting a programme for every game I attend. I don't know if it's sadder that I've only missed two since 1978 or that I know exactly which ones they were :-).

Don't suppose you have either of these do you ?
25/4/11 Oxford (H) L2
6/11/10 Charlton (H) FAC

PS. I am a season ticket holder and always read Reckless' Guides first !
natwilk

I am also having a bit of a clear-out. I don't have the Charlton programme but I have the Oxford one which you are welcome to if you want it.
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
ricardobee

Sorry, can't help you, only programmes I have from last season are for the pre-season friendlies and the first two league games Burton and Bury.
teatime_bee

Right a quick question, saw this thread and thought i may as well post my query here rather than a new thread. I just happen to be in the lovely area of Barrow this week and after sifting through a market stall in Ulverston, I stumbled across a Barrow Vs. Barnet Programme dating March 23rd 1985, we were in The Gola League, we're in the wrong half of the table while Enfield are 3rd! Just want to know, as my girlfriends family are pestering me to find out,does anyone know what the score was that afternoon?
teatime_bee

Right a quick question, saw this thread and thought i may as well post my query here rather than a new thread. I just happen to be in the lovely area of Barrow this week and after sifting through a market stall in Ulverston, I stumbled across a Barrow Vs. Barnet Programme dating March 23rd 1985, we were in The Gola League, we're in the wrong half of the table while Enfield are 3rd! Just want to know, as my girlfriends family are pestering me to find out,does anyone know what the score was that afternoon?
Millions Like Us

1-O to Barrow I'm afraid.
Reckless

Billy Baldry missed one of the easiest headers I can ever remember in that game - it is so vivid even now. He was about a yard out from a corner and his "free" header hit the bar! Very funny, and I can still hear him cursing and then apologizing to the 30 or so hardy souls behind the goal.............We hit the bar too in the social club as well and were politely asked to leave for being too rowdy! I stayed over that Saturday night in the Ormsgill Hotel - the owner was a dead ringer for Annie Walker from the Rovers Return and they served both white and black pudding in the Full English breakfast, dreadful stuff!. Not sure why I remember that just sad I suppose :D
bucks bee

Coincidentally, I spent part of a rainy afternoon yesterday reading through a set of Barnet home programmes from the season after that, 1985-86, which I bought on eBay a couple of years ago but had never got round to looking at. In October 1985, we went back to Barrow and that time we won 1-0, with a goal by Austin Hayes (who he? - ed.). In the following home programme, manager Roger Thompson made a point of writing: "A special mention now of the great hospitality we received at Barrow last Saturday ... A meal was laid on for us and their hospitality was really magnificent. Barrow are struggling at the foot of the table this season and battled really well against us. But when things are going against you nothing seems to go right. That did not stop Barrow treating us so well and this is one of the advantages we have over the Football League. In the Gola, we do not get the violence either on or off the field ..." which then evolved into a discussion of whether or not entry into the Football League would actually be of benefit to Barnet. Interesting stuff from 25 years ago ... (Incidentally, Reckless' behaviour in March 1985 evidently did not sour relations between the two clubs at all ...).
Dave H

natwilk wrote:I am also having a bit of a clear-out. I don't have the Charlton programme but I have the Oxford one which you are welcome to if you want it.
Sorry for the delayed response - I've been away over the weekend. Yes, I'd love to take that one off you. Could you contact me at d underscore l underscore holden at yahoo dot co dot uk (Obviously no spaces in that address :-) and I can send you an sae or arrange to meet up when the season starts ?

Cheers

Dave
natwilk

will do.
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...