Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Psycho wrote:Izale's penalty that broke a goalkeeper's finger when we had to beat Port Vale and hope for Lincoln to lose at home to Aldershot puts him in the legend's category. He did give 100% after his serious injury. That was the most unlikely great escape.
He very much played for his penalties, including that one. But you don't mind when he's playing for your side.
Norfolk & Chance

I was behind the goal for that one with a clear view, it looked like a penalty to me.
But like you say, I may have been a little biased at the time .
rudebwoyben

It was a clear penalty, no doubt about it.
Sam_BFC

Izale McLeod’s full debut at home to Accrington was a work of art.
becbee

I was sitting in the Main Stand. As Izale advanced towards the penalty area, I knew it would be a penalty. Certainly it was a foul and therefore it was a penalty. But IMO he really played for it too, he made the most of it.
pgbee

Ben Strevens named as permanent Eastleigh manager according to BBC South Today.
letchbee94

djhdjh wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:
LeicesterBee wrote:Izale McLeod has signed for Newport Pagnell Town of the United Counties League.........and got sent off for dissent on his debut.
Still got attitude problem then.
I thought he had retired actually.
I know Chris, if only he hadn't come to us and scored the goals to keep us up for 2 seasons in a row. Bastard.
Yeah he did but that don't stop me from saying about his attitude, You can do well in a job and still have an attitude.
becbee

Malachi Mars has joined Hanwell Town on loan to 22nd December. They play in the Bostik South Central League against the likes of Ware and Cheshunt. Is he really that poor that he couldn't get any team higher than that and if he is, why on earth did we sign him in the first place?
pgbee

becbee wrote:Malachi Mars has joined Hanwell Town on loan to 22nd December. They play in the Bostik South Central League against the likes of Ware and Cheshunt. Is he really that poor that he couldn't get any team higher than that and if he is, why on earth did we sign him in the first place?
At least now he can work , rest and PLAY....
hoppy

becbee wrote:Malachi Mars has joined Hanwell Town on loan to 22nd December. They play in the Bostik South Central League against the likes of Ware and Cheshunt. Is he really that poor that he couldn't get any team higher than that and if he is, why on earth did we sign him in the first place?
On what I saw on Saturday I think both Ware and Cheshunt would have beaten us.
#Beebot

He's very diminutive which is a turn off to pretty much every non-league manager unless you're very technically gifted, which he isn't.

He was a very strange signing, to me it seemed like Eames trying to make some kind of statement by bringing back a former academy prospect poached by a top team. It was fairly obvious that he would get nowhere near the first team as Chelsea had written him off and were sending him out on loan just to get U18 game time.
djhdjh

letchbee94 wrote:
djhdjh wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:
LeicesterBee wrote:Izale McLeod has signed for Newport Pagnell Town of the United Counties League.........and got sent off for dissent on his debut.
Still got attitude problem then.
I thought he had retired actually.
I know Chris, if only he hadn't come to us and scored the goals to keep us up for 2 seasons in a row. Bastard.
Yeah he did but that don't stop me from saying about his attitude, You can do well in a job and still have an attitude.
Well if you'd rather we got relegated with a bunch of nice guys (not that Izale ever had an attitude beyond not wanting to chase pointlessly on a dodgy knee), I suppose you've got your wish twice in the last 5 years.
becbee

#Beebot wrote:
He's very diminutive which is a turn off to pretty much every non-league manager unless you're very technically gifted, which he isn't.

He was a very strange signing, to me it seemed like Eames trying to make some kind of statement by bringing back a former academy prospect poached by a top team. It was fairly obvious that he would get nowhere near the first team as Chelsea had written him off and were sending him out on loan just to get U18 game time.
The fact that Chelsea had sent him out on loan doesn't in itself mean anything. Don't they always have 40+ players out on loan and just play their expensive foreign signings in the first team?
Mem Beespod

#Beebot wrote:

Mars wasn’t a “statement signing”. He was literally a young player we knew had some talent who we flogged to Chelsea for good money and was available to get back for free. He was never intended to be an immediate first team player and was brought in as someone who might come good. The fact Chelsea by all accounts paid decent money for suggests he has demonstrated something decent at youth level so to give a chance in our u23s wasn’t a huge risk.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
#Beebot

Mr Smart wrote:
#Beebot wrote:

Mars wasn’t a “statement signing”. He was literally a young player we knew had some talent who we flogged to Chelsea for good money and was available to get back for free. He was never intended to be an immediate first team player and was brought in as someone who might come good. The fact Chelsea by all accounts paid decent money for suggests he has demonstrated something decent at youth level so to give a chance in our u23s wasn’t a huge risk.
Did we not pay a fee for him? I never understood why we were so keen to get his signing over the line on deadline day when time was tight and we ended up missing out on Sule.