Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Psycho

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Probably not linked to why Braintree are currently busting a few coupons with their game today!!
And a reminder that Braintree won't be the pushovers next Saturday in the FA Cup that we possibly might think they'll be - just like in August too.

Top v bottom - this division is tighter than a condom on a cucumber. Nothing is a banker in the National League.
themightythorge

Andy Hessenthaler has signed Stuart Lewis from Maidstone.
#Beebot

Ahmed Abdulla moves up a couple of levels to sign for Concord Rangers.
Beearsed

jerroll wrote:
becbee wrote:Taken from his Wiki page:

"Walsh's time at Brentford also saw him play for Barnet on loan, making five Southern Football League appearances in the 1978–79 season."

I'm not claiming any knowledge, just quoting Wikipedia.
Rob Cavallini's book has the team line ups from every game that season and there is no Walsh listed so Wikipedia is likely to be wrong.
His own website says that he played for “Barnet Youth” before going to Brentford.

http://www.bradleywalsh.co.uk/bio-profe ... baller.php

So Wikipedia is almost definitely wrong in one way or another. But did he play for one of our youth teams?
jerroll

Beearsed wrote:
jerroll wrote:
becbee wrote:Taken from his Wiki page:

"Walsh's time at Brentford also saw him play for Barnet on loan, making five Southern Football League appearances in the 1978–79 season."

I'm not claiming any knowledge, just quoting Wikipedia.
Rob Cavallini's book has the team line ups from every game that season and there is no Walsh listed so Wikipedia is likely to be wrong.
His own website says that he played for “Barnet Youth” before going to Brentford.

http://www.bradleywalsh.co.uk/bio-profe ... baller.php

So Wikipedia is almost definitely wrong in one way or another. But did he play for one of our youth teams?
Barnet youth was a seperate entity to Barnet fc!
Pingorock

Ahmed Abdulla has signed for Concord Rangers.
Psycho

Sam Deering scored the only goal last night as Billericay beat Taunton in the final qualifying round replay. I know there's a bit of money at the Essex side but he should be playing at a far higher level IMO. Great player - who can forget Burton Albion on the final day to pull off another great escape?

Re-united with Martin Allen in the FA Cup 1st round as the Essex side travel to Chesterfield.
pgbee

Psycho wrote:Sam Deering scored the only goal last night as Billericay beat Taunton in the final qualifying round replay. I know there's a bit of money at the Essex side but he should be playing at a far higher level IMO. Great player - who can forget Burton Albion on the final day to pull off another great escape?

Re-united with Martin Allen in the FA Cup 1st round as the Essex side travel to Chesterfield.
Mercenaries reunite.
dawat

pgbee wrote:
Psycho wrote:Sam Deering scored the only goal last night as Billericay beat Taunton in the final qualifying round replay. I know there's a bit of money at the Essex side but he should be playing at a far higher level IMO. Great player - who can forget Burton Albion on the final day to pull off another great escape?

Mercenaries reunite.
What league do Mercenaries Reunite play in! :spite:
becbee

pgbee wrote:

Mercenaries reunite.
Sam Deering also left Cheltenham to drop 2 divisions to play for Whitehawk back in the days when they had money. Now he's at Billericay. Clearly he's as motivated by £ signs as Martin Allen.
Norfolk & Chance

Maybe he was motivated by securing as much income as he could for himself and his family during what is, relatively speaking, an incredibly short career. They don't all go on to become TV pundits !
hoofer2

becbee wrote:
pgbee wrote:

Mercenaries reunite.
Sam Deering also left Cheltenham to drop 2 divisions to play for Whitehawk back in the days when they had money. Now he's at Billericay. Clearly he's as motivated by £ signs as Martin Allen.
Sam Deering was overrated. Just stood out as less poor than those around him.
becbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Maybe he was motivated by securing as much income as he could for himself and his family during what is, relatively speaking, an incredibly short career. They don't all go on to become TV pundits !
I accept that. Most footballers are on the scrap heap in their 30s, some due to injury earlier than that. I have never had an issue with players improving their lot. However, to drop 2 levels purely to join bankrolled clubs strikes me as a waste of ability.
rudebwoyben

hoofer2 wrote:
becbee wrote:
pgbee wrote:

Mercenaries reunite.
Sam Deering was overrated. Just stood out as less poor than those around him.
My view too. In the end his move away from Cheltenham to Shitehawk showed that he isn't League 2 standard.
king45bee

Article re JCR doesn't mention Barnet at all

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ourneyman/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk