Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Edd1

Re: Ryan Watson - MK Dons

Are you serious?

Ye Gods.

If that's what Franchise are signing they'll be going down again.
BEEGONE

Edd1 wrote:Are you serious?

Ye Gods.

If that's what Franchise are signing they'll be going down again.
https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-8539928

Footballer stealing a living :hi:
Norfolkbee

Good move for him. Gives him a chance to prove the doubters wrong. I wish him well.
NoMagRyan

Ooooooooft good luck to them, hope they have someone else taking their free-kicks
Norfolkbee

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Let's face it, he played in a very weak Barnet midfield. He may shine with better players around him. He probably needs a proper enforcer alongside him.
rudebwoyben

Norfolkbee wrote:Let's face it, he played in a very weak Barnet midfield. He may shine with better players around him. He probably needs a proper enforcer alongside him.
Except he was no better for us in 16/17 either.
LoudmouthBFC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norfolkbee

rudebwoyben wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Let's face it, he played in a very weak Barnet midfield. He may shine with better players around him. He probably needs a proper enforcer alongside him.
Except he was no better for us in 16/17 either.
The midfield weren't exactly world-beaters then either, certainly after Togwell went and was never replaced.
gowerfan

Don't forget Watson scored a free kick against Exeter which must have impressed Tisdale.

Think he will struggle though.
Norfolkbee

Olly Lee was pretty average at Barnet, but flourished as soon as he got better players around him. Watson now has the same chance. I expect that Franchise FC will at least have a midfield - something the powers-that-be thought Barnet could operate without.
rudebwoyben

Norfolkbee wrote:Olly Lee was pretty average at Barnet, but flourished as soon as he got better players around him. Watson now has the same chance. I expect that Franchise FC will at least have a midfield - something the powers-that-be thought Barnet could operate without.
Olly Lee was a lot younger than Watson is when he was with us and you could see that he had some ability. To me, the deficiencies in Watson’s game are so fundamental that I can’t ever see him being League 2 standard.
rudebwoyben

Norfolkbee wrote:Olly Lee was pretty average at Barnet, but flourished as soon as he got better players around him. Watson now has the same chance. I expect that Franchise FC will at least have a midfield - something the powers-that-be thought Barnet could operate without.
Olly Lee was a lot younger than Watson is when he was with us and you could see that he had some ability. To me, the deficiencies in Watson’s game are so fundamental that I can’t ever see him being League 2 standard.
Norfolkbee

rudebwoyben wrote:
Errr..... he's played about 70 games in League 2. Paul Tisdale obviously sees a players there.
rudebwoyben

Norfolkbee wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Errr..... he's played about 70 games in League 2. Paul Tisdale obviously sees a players there.
And he was at best mediocre in most of them. I’m pretty sure that Adam Gross played a similar number of matches in League 2 for us and no one ever claimed that he was League 2 standard!
Norfolkbee

rudebwoyben wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
And he was at best mediocre in most of them. I’m pretty sure that Adam Gross played a similar number of matches in League 2 for us and no one ever claimed that he was League 2 standard!
So you're not a fan of him then? He may not make it at MK, but hopefully he will at least get the chance to show what he can do in a competitive midfield, rather than the shambles Bar net have had in recent seasons.